Dollywood Employee Review

family friendly employees
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TN 37863April 18, 2019
all employee's are family at work and care about each other works well with each other and understand the aspects of the park and tradition . All over a great place to work.

Other Dollywood Employee Reviews

Its ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJune 21, 2019
I worked with plenty of nice people at the resort. Upper management in the Dollywood company and Corporate from Herschend were wonderful. Benchmark not so much. Their values don't seem aligned well with HFEs.

About half of the managers in a certain department at the resort had basically no people skills...they fly through them pretty quickly (at least in F and B)...

HR had some issues.. (Most were great, but there were a select two or three that were hard to take seriously because they were doing the same things that they were firing people for. (I wasnt one of the ones fired.)

The perks are great-but they did not take away the issues that weren't being addressed. I could not get the tools I needed to succeed because there were too many hoops for even my manager to jump through. (She was great though. She did try.) In turn, I couldn't help my hosts either.

I did work my way up through a couple different positions rather quickly... So that's a plus if you're looking to do so.

However, when it isnt tourist season, your hours may get significantly lower(at resort)- even in certain manager/supervisor non exempt positions. They only require your average amount of hours worked to be full time over a certain period of time- which is why during season there may be overtime opportunites to get your hours average up, but then during slow season you may have less to work with. Just something to keep in mind when you get "extra time" during those peak seasons.

My favorite parts were literally the people I worked with and being able to help guests create memories
  more... with their families and friends.  less
A fantastic summer job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 30, 2019
If you are a highschooler in the Sevier county area and looking for a summer job, this is the place to be. They give all types of discounts and such for the local areas, and the management is quite kind. Pay isn't the best, but the discounts make up for it if you are active around town.
Pros
discounts, great management, fun
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollywood. Our community is ready to answer.

Dollywood Reviews by Location