DOMA Technologies Employee Reviews

fun
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 23, 2019
was hired when I was 18 and it has been a pretty cool experience, the bosses are cool and understanding, work days can get a little stressful but the more you get use to it, it wont phase you.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
pay wont advance
Watch your back
Claims Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 10, 2019
NA Family and friends make up the upper management and therefore if you are liked you don't make it. Upper management keeps information from Pat thinking that he can't handle it and/or it will upset him and they can't have that.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Upper management
Management not on One Accord
Medical Documentation Reviewer I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 4, 2019
Am grateful for the opportunity, learned a lot about medical documents, and what needs to be on them for insurance purposes, but management was not always on one accord about what was expected.
Claims Rep II
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 7, 2019
Work load is very high, alot of Overtime and working on holidays.
Management is unorganized, you are asked to work overtime then on friday if work load is low to go home early. Human resources is always changing which means new policies.
Was fun environment
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2018
Loved working there. Allowed for advancement for qualified personnel. The hours were good and it was relaxed environment to work in. The best part of the job was the people I worked with.
Life as DOMA employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 27, 2018
Management is unorganized and moral is poor. We have been on mandatory overtime for almost a year. If you miss time you are required to make it up before submitting your time card. We have been understaffed and for some reason people don't make it through the training classes. The actual job itself is easy. You start in the call center and after approximately 6 months you will rotate to another team and learn a new task.
Productive and fun work environment.
HEALTH INFORMATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2018
Daily duties at DOMA Technologies include calling Providers/Office Managers/Credentialing Specialists, to obtain missing information or documents to complete Provider Participation Agreements for Tricare, for providers who wish to see Military Veterans.

Work place culture is excellent. This company really cares about their employees needs and wants.

The hardest part of the job is being able to handle provider's frustrations of incomplete agreements and needing additional information to process an agreement.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to help Veterans get the care they need by their specific needs.
Pros
Independent work environment.
Cons
Last minute longevity of contract due to being contracted by the government.
ok
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452September 21, 2018
Not a career starter job to be honest. Hours and work not guaranteed . Benefits were ok but health insurance was HIGH! Company needs to improve its guidlines for getting work projects.
Pros
Ok beinifts
Cons
Messy
misleading
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2018
I was deceived when I got hired at Doma. They said I would be working with the security of the military veterans and their families and helping the retired veterans. We did but we bothered them by calling them everyday asking them questions about their medical situations.
Pros
security clearance
Cons
lied aout the job and the pay
Fun place,lay offs happening all the time
Health Information Technician I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 3, 2018
Because of the lay offs it made the environment awkward most of the time, you never knew when today was that day . Definitely no job security which made it difficult to focus at times.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Job security
Bed bugs
MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION REVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 20, 2018
The company is riddled with bed bugs. They have a very high turnover rate. Work balance life is very hard. Up and down with promotions. One minute they wanna make you tenured, the next minute they lay you off because their contract is close to expiring.
Pros
One hour lunches. Overtime.
Cons
No work/life balance.
Terrible
Medical Documentation Reviewer I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 16, 2018
This is one of the worst employers that i have ever worked for at the time. It is unorganized, and management has no sense of direction and what to do.
Wouldn't recommend
Medical Documentation Reviewer I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2018
Always changing core qualities. Work hours, what job you're doing, etc. Only one manager/supervisor was worth working for. The others were only out for themselves.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Changing rules for breaks, many rules to follow, etc.
very unorganized
Medical Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 25, 2018
this job was a decent career starter. it doesn’t offer permanence at all. there is constantly change, unnecessary meetings. the only real benefit of this job was that it adds another skill to your resume’.
Pros
good money every week, hour breaks, over time during certain times
Cons
unorganized, unprofessional, bad turn over rate
DOMA depends on where you at in life
Med Doc Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 20, 2018
Pros: Good culture, great benefits

Cons: 52 hours a week, no raise, and laid off because of budget issues with client.

DOMA can be a good company as a stepping stone to a better job with reliability but be prepared to be laid off based on the client needs or what department you work in.
Could Be Better
Data Entry Examiner (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2018
I was temp to hire and after a few months were never hired and was jerked around for several months for full employment, only to be laid off. Not a good place for DOMA as a business.
Pros
like the culture of the workplace
Cons
disorganized, no full time employment, management not clear
Ok
Scanner/Sorter (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAMay 14, 2018
Worked there for a amount of time. They need to get more projects for conversion. Was let go because of no work. Benifits were ok, need to add more hours for pto each pay period. Other than that some people are are friendly some rude.
Pros
Hour breaks, food trucks, good benifits
Cons
Lowsy hours, need more projects to keep people, poorly organized in as far as keeping work/workers
productive
Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 8, 2018
the work environment is relaxed. Like that the job is flexible and understanding to when you need time off. A typical day is starting at 7am and ending at 7pm. Must be self sufficient in the job.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low salary
Cool
MDR 1 (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 24, 2018
An office job is always a dream job for me , but doma has a lot of miscommunication between them and healtnet ; we have to be time on how long we do a document . It is just too much sometimes
Medical Document Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 20, 2018
Processing medical document for the VA.

Management is ok.

A typical day at work is me clocking in, putting up my phone in the phone locker, then me going to my desk and logging in and bring up the apps I need to start Triaging the work that came in the night before.
Pros
Over time
Cons
no pay increase, work was directed by another company, have to break up hour lunch if you want break.