Domainite.com Employee Reviews

Flexible schedule and effective communication
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2015
For most of the last 16 months, Domainite has offered a steady income. Our team of writers and editors utilize a work pool where we can each select projects we want to work on, typically from oldest to newest. Editors and writers are easy to communicate with, which improves performance and morale. The editors also provide very helpful notes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hardest part. It is interesting to research and create content for a wide spectrum of industries, especially those you are unfamiliar with.
Pros
Decent pay; easy communication; learning capabilities
Cons
current troubleshooting issues; capricious workflow
Nice company, great management and team members
Online Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 27, 2015
Supportive and responsive management team, and they are pretty good at ensuring there are plenty of writing tasks for their employees. Company pays on time, too.
Worst Writing Experience
Freelance (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 10, 2015
I have never dealt with such an incompetent place to work for ever. The editors are beyond rude. They have "standards" yet don't express what they are or what is expected of you. This place is a joke.
Great Telecommute Job
Writer (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteJanuary 14, 2015
Pay is low, but there is always plenty of work and you can set your own hours.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Freelance - no benefits.
Good Entry-Level Position or for Small Freelance Projects
Senior Editor / Proofreader / Writer (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 10, 2014
The management is wonderful, and this job is ideal for freelancers who want to find something to fill in the gaps between other projects or who need an entry-level editing or writing position that will allow them to get their foot in the door of this industry.

However, the pay is very very low, and the better you are at what you do, the more they *expect* you to work. I often go several weeks without a day off, working as much as 41 hours straight at one point (for a combined total of a little over $30). I made such a low rate because, after being promoted (without having my pay raised at all), I had much much more that was expected of me but for no higher a pay rate.

If you are good at what you do and work hard, the management is very loyal. Their loyalty is what makes it difficult to leave...or perhaps that is MY loyalty that I am mistaking for their loyalty, because if they were really that loyal, they would pay me more? They claim that they do not make enough money to pay us (the editors and writers) more, but I have been in this industry long enough to know that, if they are not making a boatload of money with all the work we have available, they are not good businessmen.

It is also a very good place to hone your craft, as we all help teach one another.
Pros
Always work available
Cons
Very low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domainite.com. Our community is ready to answer.