Domestic Uniform Rental Employee Reviews

Place is out of touch with its employees. Long hours and not enough pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
The company pays 12 and hour and commission but how are u going to provide for your family on that. Extremely long hours way to much paper work I though this was 2018 not 1918 they want a lot for a little. I don't recommend anyone work here seems like the owners are only about turning a profit and not making sure it's employees are ok.
Pros
Cons
Super long hours
Unorganized dillusional group
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
If you enjoy making deliveries to customers without the products they pay for, want a manager that goes home to relax when he should be in the office working, want to many expectations set on yourself as a new employee and work in an environment where it’s the drivers against the higher ups, then this is your place
Pros
Cons
Always short on products for customers, No Ac in trucks
Not totally honest about duties you would perform
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 6, 2018
Left company after injury I was not offered protective gear .also left for better paying job then company attempted to keep my last pay check .management tampered with time card.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Everthing else
Company was a productive place with a light atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2018
Given my situation, Domestic was very compassionate for the short time I was there. The company worked with me during this time. The management was very concerned for my well being.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
I did find any because of my short time there
Was very educational
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Would do the driver daily logs,sort mail,answer phones. I did payroll for the plant, drivers, sales, and management employees of seven additional branches. Paid monthly bills for the plant and branches. Also did Human Resources for the employees and worked with the unions for the plant employees and the drivers.
Pros
Learned my position while on the job training
Cons
Had to leave
To Many hours and micro managed
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Not a company to work for if you have a family this is a place only for single people. Not enough balance with work and home life. Upper management out of touch with what is happening in branches
Pros
Cons
micro managed, to many hours
Very high pace work environment and low wages
Sales and Service Director (Former Employee) –  Youngstown OhioJanuary 24, 2018
They have the best benefits that I have ever seen, great 401k plan Good Advancement program to move up the ladder, They take care of their top Managers Company Car, cell phone ,gas from Monday thru Friday
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Long hours low pay
Horrible atomsphere to work in. Lied to all the time and mess over great customers.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH/ youngstownJanuary 17, 2018
Horrible experience, they treat there employees as bad as they treat there customers. Product not being cleaned properly, wahing machine all down for months not getting the product clean , customer complaints told to lie never help the customer out..
Pros
Cell phone, car allowance
Cons
Long hours horrible upper managers and office personal.
Stay away
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 21, 2017
Worst company to work for. Managers do not support you at all and stab you in the back, they will snake sales right out from under you from your own customers. Do not expect team work everyone is for themselves. Other drivers were ok but management and office people obviously hate their jobs and everyone smashes the company they work for and the people they work with. Very two faced. They get over on so many good customers it’s sickening. Anything you do wrong or make mistakes they rub your face in it just so the managers can feel in control.Would recommend ANY other uniform company before this one.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything to do with this place
Domestic
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2017
Working w Domestic Uniform was a good experience although I would not like a career in Uniform Rentals. The learning experience was great I was able to make 30 plus calls per day became a top selling representative n the region was promoted to regional manager
in Philadelphia
Pros
Sales were easily obtained
Cons
Did not like Management or culture
It could have been a much better enviornment
District Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
Uniform company. They lacked organization and getting your pay check correct. There had always been discrepancies on money owed to sales team. It ended up being a big concern with team including myself.
Non Productive
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2017
35 to 40 cold calls daily. No sales leads from Management. Poorly Managed, constant work load to meet expectations. Weekly salary decrease if you did no meet qutoa.
Pros
Cons
See above
Worst company that I have been involved with ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
The GM is a simpleton who screams at employees. They have no concept of a sales organization and those at the top are the figure heads who rattle on about how great they are. They are losing clients constantly due to their arrogance. I hope they close down.
Pros
Cons
That they exsist.
terrible company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  los angelsNovember 29, 2016
they should be shut down due to the way the treat their employees and customers random price increases and always being short on product is no way to treat hardworking business owners RUN AWAY
Not a very good work environment and very dishonest company!
Regional Sales Manager California (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2016
This is not a great company to work for, they implore very shady & dishonest business practices and cheat their customers as well as their employees. The GM and Owners lie to their customer's as an example they tell their new customers that a "rental Agreement" is what they signed but when a customer wants to terminate the Domestic Uniform Rental services they tell the customer they can't because they signed a "Contract".
Pros
Free Medical
Cons
Deceit, lies, unfair treatment and no job security.
U work alone
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2016
I work their 2 days and quit you have to load and unload steel racks that barely roll for 12.80 he and drive a semi tractor trailer not enough money to do that work
An OK job
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 10, 2015
Long hours which typically start at 6am and most days end at 5pm. Good co-workers, nice managers. Be sure to ask a lot of questions before accepting a position there!
Pros
friendly managers, great health care
Cons
Long hours, sales quotas
productive non fun work environment
Plant Employee (Former Employee) –  los angeles,caSeptember 30, 2015
this company is a fast growing company. In many cases I dislike it, because they're management is horrible and plant safety is poor.
Not a good working environment
Wastewater Teartment (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2015
Able to work independently but no room for advancement. Les than desirable work environment. Co-workers and supervisers not very amicable. No respect for employees.
Pros
work independently, some overtime
Cons
somewhat hostile environment, no emplyee respect
work first environment with focus on accomplishments
Senior District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2014
I really enjoy the company and the "old school" way of conducting business and processing product for our customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domestic Uniform Rental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4