Domestic Uniform Rental Employee Reviews

Horrible Bosses
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 18, 2019
Never worked for such an evil company in my entire existence. Would not want my worst enemy to work there. Management is manipulative and spiteful. You get paid on commission, so any time one of their customers doesn't pay for service it gets taken directly out of your check. And trust me, the customers hate the company as much as the workers do.
Pros
Enjoyed driving truck.
Cons
Everything Else.
Do not work here
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2019
Upper management are idiots
Ripping off customers
Pay way too low
No life outside of work
Too much paperwork
Do not work there
They love ripping off customers
Pros
Driving and meeeting new customers
Cons
Pay sucks long hours
Team First Superior Products Positive Work Culture
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 1, 2019
I have worked at Domestic for over 6 years. I started in Service as an RSR ( driver/outside sales). Through the helpful guidance of my coworkers and superiors I worked my way up to sales management.

This is a very loyal company. My experiences with my direct supervisors as well as upper management and ownership has been one of respectful direction towards career achievement. If you put in honest effort to succeed you will be rewarded with commitment to advancing you within.

The culture here is one of teamwork and support. Everything we do is tailored towards full communication both with our Domestic team and our extended family...our customers. I liken the relationships here to partnerships more than vendor/customer or employee/employer.

I have seen many of our competitors products,spoke with many of their employees, as well as competitor customers, and I strongly believe that Domestic is a superior company to partner with.

Domestic is a family owned business 90+ years in business and you feel that connection here.

We are advancing everyday to utilize technology to even better our work/ customer experience.

Team environment+positive culture+superior product= Great place to work!
Pros
Team Environment, Positive Culture
Great Career
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJJanuary 30, 2019
I've been employed with Domestic Uniform Rentals for over 18 years now. I'm pleased to work for an exceptional family owned business and I look forward to work here until I retire. FA.
Ex Sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Dont work here. Not a place for a career, you are better off doing something else with your time. Company makes the job harder then it has to be, dingy office where you have to worry about the toxic fumes that radiate from below. Management didnt know what there were doing. Afraid to ask for help, sink or swim job, treated like you always not settled in your position. No place to park weird way of comission structure. The list goes on. Micromanagement given a territory to large or language issues. Way to many hoops for car insurance, drug testing issues, service dont know what they are doing with good employees. Told I had to use personal laptop for job was told i worked 5 weeks, but actuality worked 2 weeks because it was a holiday week where no one is making decisions before xmas and new year.
Pros
Cons
No direct deposit, poor management, managers dont know how teach, bad area, comission structure awful, not paid holidays, even though everything is closed, work in hazardest area, staff treat you like a leopard
They suck
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2018
This place sucks
No money
No life
Plus Management is so bad needs to be replace big time no help at all
Management didn’t care about the driver or customers
Pros
Cons
This place in Philadelpia sucks
Productive and fast paced
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
Alot of lifting, pushing, pulling of tanks (50 lbs +) or double rails. (Garment racks)
White garments always get bagged. Double rails get pushed out on loading dock, emptied by routes to get ready for delivery drivers.
Pros
2 paid 10 minute breaks
Cons
Wages low
Stay away, odd management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 1, 2018
Management would follow you around, read your emails, not trustworthy. Friday check in at the office at 4:00-4:30 and no management is around, must send emails from office, so they can read them also..
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything else, lies
Worst job I have ever had
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
You will dig in maggots, be filthy, and cheat customers out of their money, you will also have days worth of paperwork to do, never join this cult, they will destroy you.
Pros
Your not dead after work
Cons
Way too many to list.
Worst job ever
Warehouse Associate/Routeman (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJOctober 16, 2018
Corrupt Managers ,Terrible training , Unprofessional With Customer & Employees. They have 0 respect with customers and have a serious problem lying about what's happened to the customers items.
Lack of management terrible trainers
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville njOctober 11, 2018
I was so eager and excited to start at domestic until my first week . First two days had different trainers thatd didnt train me at all . Nor speak to me
Pros
Cons
Workers and managers just wanna get do there job and leave .
stay away, you will regret it
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJAugust 22, 2018
first of all

its obvious there indeed posting is lies,misleading an absolute fraud

also 9 an hour for warehouse and awful paperwork to fill out thats like childish kindergaten for a warehouse/logistics job

excuse me but this is one stupid place worth burning a bridge for being a notorious indeed.com job fraud
Pros
n/a
Cons
liars in front office, difficult parking, incompetent office hr staff, pointless paperwork to fill out that never makes any sense
Place is out of touch with its employees. Long hours and not enough pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
The company pays 12 and hour and commission but how are u going to provide for your family on that. Extremely long hours way to much paper work I though this was 2018 not 1918 they want a lot for a little. I don't recommend anyone work here seems like the owners are only about turning a profit and not making sure it's employees are ok.
Pros
Cons
Super long hours
Unorganized dillusional group
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2018
If you enjoy making deliveries to customers without the products they pay for, want a manager that goes home to relax when he should be in the office working, want to many expectations set on yourself as a new employee and work in an environment where it’s the drivers against the higher ups, then this is your place
Pros
Cons
Always short on products for customers, No Ac in trucks
Not totally honest about duties you would perform
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 6, 2018
Left company after injury I was not offered protective gear .also left for better paying job then company attempted to keep my last pay check .management tampered with time card.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Everthing else
Company was a productive place with a light atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2018
Given my situation, Domestic was very compassionate for the short time I was there. The company worked with me during this time. The management was very concerned for my well being.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
I did find any because of my short time there
Never Again
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
This job is good for someone who has 0 values or respect. If you like unethical practices this is the place to be. Expectations way to high. High turnover in all fields.
Pros
1st yr salary
Cons
Commision structure. Wear and tear on vehicle. revolving door operation
Was very educational
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Would do the driver daily logs,sort mail,answer phones. I did payroll for the plant, drivers, sales, and management employees of seven additional branches. Paid monthly bills for the plant and branches. Also did Human Resources for the employees and worked with the unions for the plant employees and the drivers.
Pros
Learned my position while on the job training
Cons
Had to leave
To Many hours and micro managed
Route Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Not a company to work for if you have a family this is a place only for single people. Not enough balance with work and home life. Upper management out of touch with what is happening in branches
Pros
Cons
micro managed, to many hours
Very high pace work environment and low wages
Sales and Service Director (Former Employee) –  Youngstown OhioJanuary 24, 2018
They have the best benefits that I have ever seen, great 401k plan Good Advancement program to move up the ladder, They take care of their top Managers Company Car, cell phone ,gas from Monday thru Friday
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Long hours low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domestic Uniform Rental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3