Dominican University Employee Reviews

Small Private University
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 1, 2019
Great location, good staff, diverse student body. Dominican University is a Catholic university in River Forest, Illinois affiliated with the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters. It offers bachelor's and master's degrees, certificate programs, and a PhD in information studies.
Fun place to work in
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJanuary 4, 2019
I had fun working for this company, every day provided a new experience. I really appreciate the staff and all their help and also the new innovative information was appreciated.
Supportive and collaborative
Teacher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Dominican. The staff was friendly and supportive. The atmosphere was relaxing, yet progressive. The professional development offered to staff was high quality. Colleagues encouraged one another and offered suggestions for concerns others expressed. I would welcome employment with this university in the future.
Good to get some income while being a student
Student Ambassador, Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILOctober 28, 2018
Just an average job to work during college to help give you some pocket change and they have a program for those that need assistants paying for college.
Office of the Provost
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILAugust 28, 2018
Dominican's culture afforded great work experience. Dominican's community feel exuded compassion. Advancement was however, slow and far between. Great place to work, teach and continue education.
Student Working
Beekeeper (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 18, 2018
I worked a few different departments at Dominican as a student, all of them very different in nature. However, across the board, Dominican staff and management are flexible and patient. The work environment is relaxed, maybe too much so, as work often falls to the wayside without any stringent correction.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too relaxed
2nd Job
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILMay 9, 2018
Working at Dominican gave me the opportunity to teach adults what I am passionate about and that is teaching and learning in a diverse classroom. I was able to share engaging teaching strategies as I taught.
Manager is wonderful
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Welcome and Information DeskMay 7, 2018
Within Dominican University the management is respectful and understanding. They do whatever they can to make employees feel important. It seems like a minor job trait, but it enhances the working experience.
Pros
Community like environment
Cons
Not many hours available per week
Really great place to work
Welcome Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 29, 2018
Really stressful at times when events happen on campus, but overall a great place to work if you love interacting with people. You will meet so many great people in reference to coworkers and guest. Management is really awesome they help you a lot when needed give you a sense of them wanting you to advance to bigger and better things.
Adjunct English Professor
Adjunct Professor of English (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILApril 25, 2018
Work environment welcoming. Treated with respect and professionalism. Many opportunities to collaborate with other professors. Many resources shared by other professors to improve my course.
Pros
support and collboration
Cons
no benefits
Student Workers
office worker (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 31, 2018
As a student worker we are only applicable to work up to sixteen hours per week. Clerical work is our responsibility. Communication between departments needs to be worked on.
Pros
Nice bosses
Cons
Little hours available for office workers.
A nice and multicultural school/environment to teach and work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 20, 2018
A nice and peaceful environment to live, work and raise your family. Multicultural environment where every one is welcomed. Students from various countries compliment the diversity of the school populations.
Still here
Information Technology Student Worker (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 8, 2018
This job has opened many doors for me and taught me how to be professional.They are very supportive and flexible, works well with students. I am still currently employed here.
School Job while I Attended
Welcome and Information Desk (WID) Agent (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILFebruary 10, 2018
I was given at opportunity to work here. The hours are flexible and are made to work with your school schedule. On a typical day, I answered the switchboard and aided the community.
Pros
good hours
Understanding of a students schedule
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILJanuary 17, 2018
In the beginning, there was a lot of work to be done and a great deal of material to learn. Everything from Photoshop to using HTML to change up web pages. As time went on, the workload and experience have gone downhill.
I truely enjoy my position at Dominican
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILDecember 6, 2017
I have a very busy day at work. I am the front line person for over 90 students and all incoming Dominican employees and guests. I assist over 30 faculty and staff members with daily requests. I work with the business office to close all monthly credit cards and check requests. I plan all Nutrition events, graduations, and orientations. I enjoy all aspects of my position - but am looking for a position closer to home that has the variation that Dominican has.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Distance from my home (50 miles away)
A wonderful look into the life of Academic Librarianship
Student worker for the Rebecca Crown Library (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILNovember 12, 2017
Enjoyed working on the reference desk of the Rebecca Crown Library. Performed various projects, including leading a tech class. Staff and students are hard working and a pleasure to be around.
Graduate Assistant Job Review
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILNovember 9, 2017
I had a wonderful time working for Dominican University as a Graduate Assistant. My manager/employer worked for a smaller department, but was extremely understanding and flexible when it came to school and school work, and gave me a lot of autonomy and freedom when it came to scheduling my office hours and completing my assigned projects (as long as they were completed on time). everyone at the school is friendly and accepting, and I can honestly say I have made extremely valuable connections and friendships during my time there.
Pros
Flexible, good starting position, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Must be a student for this position
Good place to work while in school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILNovember 6, 2017
I worked at Dominican while attending classes. They are of course very flexible with student schedules as they are a university. Pay was reasonable based on the amount of work.
Difficult for staff to advance
Office Manager, Academic Enrichment Center (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILOctober 26, 2017
Work tends to trickle down to those with lower titles and lower salaries, and working harder doesn't lend itself to advancement or raises. Management could benefit from technology and supervisory training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominican University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2