Dominick's Finer Foods

Dominick's Finer Foods Employee Reviews

I wouldn't recommend working at the one in Pecos ask any former employees the managers aren't very good they don't treat employees very well and are disrespectful
I enjoyed seeing friendly faces Enjoyed making a beautiful bouquet Specially see my customers from different location find you give you a hug and knowledge you as a person. Cutting a cake for sample when the person has no idea how it tast. Or open a bar of something for tasting. Little things helping one another.
Start of each day would be walk entire store pick lose items put away scan store for missing items then try and find in backroom.Learn different types of jobs Meat,Deli,Bakery,Frozen,Dairy and all grocery dept.All the managers i worked with helped working product so its filled for customers.Most people i worked with got along great go out to eat invited to parties any store i went into always new the people from different outing company had.When we had to close are stores .
Great food, great management & they take very good care of employees. Very professional and positive. I would recommend this job to absolutely anyone !
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
You were the only full time employee in the depart what ever was not finish you had to do no matter how much no overtime for part time. The tables had to be filled by a certein time or you woulf get in trouble for it. When the bosses came in the bakers had to have the reciept books how to make items or they would get written up even if it was just add water.
It was ok overall. I was there for 3-4 years. The environment was pleasant. The benefits were good too. I really hated to see this company go. I would stillbe there had they not went out of business.
Left due to new management. I did not like the micro management style and inability of construction departments leader to listen to field management issues
family is important and we created a family atmosphere with our employees. wish that it never ended! Love this place and our employees were awesome!
Not enough lines to review this wonderful company when owned by the de matoeos...There has been no company in the chicagoland area from their start was as good as dominick’s..A real family oriented company...Believe me they were the best
Working with employees being able to build your bench. Teach and train. Build displays (merchandise) Being in charge when the Manager is not there. The exciting part of my job when you were rewarded on the job what you did as a team.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Dominick’s finer foods molded me to whom I am today work force and the fast pace was amazing , 27 years of loving Dominick’s and I’m eager to start a new chapter of family and friends ,
working at Domincks for years was very steady and friendly treated you like a family typical day working are going by the rules and a list of things that need to get done
Great work environment. 40 hrs work week paid Time off. Great benefits. Best team to work with and develop up skills. Dominicks is no longer in business
The job there was ok. It wasn't difficult. The downside was them going out of business. Other than that. The job was fairly easy work. I enjoyed the time I've worked there.
Dominick's Finer Foods was a family owned grocery chain that was eventually sold to Safeway. It was a fast paced but fun environment to work at. The company eventually closed the doors in the Chicago land area.
This company was okay to work for. I worked in the Pharmacy. There was a Union so that was rough. It took most of my money and only guaranteed me 12 hours weekly. Management was a little spazzy, but cool. I worked by the old projects in Chicago so the environment was rough. They spent like 8 billion on Clinic rooms and Dyson Vacuums but, could not give more money to the worker. The discount made up for it....to me. I got plenty of food at a great price.
I was hires as a cart wrangler and never got the opportunity to do anything else. They didn't say it, but I feel that my physical limitations made me less attractive to the company.
Dominicks is out of business I liked everyone there and wanted to work there for my whole career but they are no longer in business I could schedule time off and vacations almost any time I wanted
This company is closed. It was a pleasure to work there. I wish that they were still around. the hours were great as was the location. I was proud to work there and had a lot of fun with the other great employees.
I loved it great company to work for hate they went out of business. we got time in a half on sundays. everyone was polite and couldn't ask for a better placed to shop or work. Products were fresh. Managers were easy to talk to and caring
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
change in hours
When we were family owned it was a great place to work. There was room for learning and advancement. It was sad to see what the new owners did to a great place to work.