Dominion Energy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work - lots of opportunity for advancement
Network Associate Engineer/ Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2018
They're a great company to work for! They've provided me with lots of opportunities to advance my education, they have great benefits, and they offer wonderful work-life balance.
Pros
good benefits, great people, opportunities for advancement
It was an good atmoshpere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCJuly 9, 2018
It was an amazing and good experience good for me. I got to deliver pizza to different people. I got to make some and take some orders. It was an change.
Pros
It was an good job
Cons
Delivery driver
Good company
Operator helper (Current Employee) –  Clover, VAJuly 5, 2018
Good company very good job, with great benefits for employee and family. Also a great culture to be around that implements safety first over everything.
Good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIJune 27, 2018
Was a very good place to work. The pay and benefits were very good and the working atmosphere was laid back. I would still be working there if the plant hadn't closed down.
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS SPECIALIST IV (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 26, 2018
Challenging but rewarding work environment. You can make a difference here and support the nuclear industry.

Always learning, always improving work processes. Safety always put first.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Challenging workload
working for dominion
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 24, 2018
Working for dominion I loved it it was hard work.At times it was very hard work. I was very thankful that I had got the job with them I wish that I had never got laid off but things do happen I need to put food on the table I have bills to pay I need a good steady hard working job
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2018
I would recommend working there, Dominion Energy provides a opportunity for growth in all career paths from Linemen to IT. The experience here was indeed second to none. If I was not a consultant I would continue to be a part of the Dominion family.
Pros
Culture, compensation and benefits
It's a great place to work
Electrical Transmission Construction Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 11, 2018
Expectations are clearly articulated and rigidly enforced. Raises and bonuses are generous. Opportunities for professional development are abundant. Good company.
Productive, positive environment
Transformer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2018
Everyone is really helpful and looking to always help you improve. They are very diligent and very ethical and have a positive but competitive environment with room to grow.
Great Veterans Company
Generation Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 5, 2018
Great Veterans Company. Great Benefits. Great Culture. Support their employees. Lots of employee resource groups. Plenty of paid volunteer opportunities.
Lead Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2018
Good place to work with good benefits. Company is so big, it is hard to feel like you are making a difference. Upper Management is pretty far removed from the workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company is so big, it is hard to feel like you are making a difference.
Solid Company. Good benefits.
Senior LNG Technician (Current Employee) –  Lusby, MDMay 29, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with and I like the people that I work for. This job isn’t the best fit for me though. I’m used to working at smaller sites and there are hundreds of people here.
Best employer in my life
Nuclear Power Plant Helper (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIMay 21, 2018
I look back with pride having had the privilege to work for Dominion Energy at the Kewaunee Nuclear Power Station. It was a unique experience. From the day I started I was always greeted by name and a smile from every one at the plant. Very positive safety dominated forward looking company and work environment. EVERY DAY! It was a serious potentially hazardous place to work for sure but every ones attitude was professional and confident. And you always felt part of a family, never alone! Dominion Energy itself as a company is one of the best places to be a part of and to own stock in. It is a very well managed company maintaining a forward thinking attitude to give back to it's investors. I recommend it as a company to invest in.
Pros
Positive. Friendly. Welcoming. Professional. Confident.
Cons
Continual commitment to safety often with delays.
Quick lived Opportunity
NERC CIP Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 17, 2018
Too short of a timespan, I never had the chance to even get started good. Not sure how the conclusion came about to terminate my contract, but the timing, I guess was good since I was planning to relocate to accommodate the job. Happy to be home in Ohio, at least. Loved the Glen Allen area, and Dominion should be a good place to work. I just did not get to experience that for myself.
field operator
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYMay 13, 2018
I was a field operator in the Hiawatha field. I execute field service work with little supervision, record all operating data and maintain pressure temps levels on process system equipment. I worked outside in all types of weather conditions.
Great Benefits
Equipment Operating Helper (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 19, 2018
Excellent starting pay with a great work environment. Working at the Chesterfield power station there was always something new to learn. Management could be difficult to work with at times, however overall it was a great experience.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2018
I am learning about Dominion and what we do as a company. The workplace culture here is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to meet so many people that work across Dominions footprint.
Enjoyed the job
Production Accounting - Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed the actual functions of my job here but didn't care much for the management. They could be very unprofessional at times and maintained very close cliques which effected advancement.
Great company to work for.
I & C Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Storm, WVApril 14, 2018
I got the great opportunity to learn a lot on how to work in the field. Along with in field work I got to learn more about instruments from very experienced people. But besides the knowledge, the work environment was great, my manager was awesome.
Good work atmosphere but poor but poor management.
Process Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2018
The work was good. Atmosphere good., however management poor but in joyed most coworkers. Compensation could use improvement. Location and commute was great.