Dominion Energy Employee Reviews

Do Whatever while a few produce the most
Right of Way and Title Agent (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VADecember 14, 2018
High producers are punished while the favorite children sit and play video games or gallivant abouts in company trucks to get a good tan. High school clique mentality prevails and the few work horses hide in a corner and do all the work. Advancement by favoritism only.
Pros
Low expectations; good benefits
Cons
Low Expectations; Lazy CoWorkers
only work there if you need a quick job until you find better
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 17, 2018
If you like working for a company that's ran like a high school, then this the place for you. The managements picks favorites (yes i was a favorite and treated well but some of my coworkers were not) they are harder on some than others people have gotten written up for things that others who do the exact same didn't. the training is very poor and they expect you to deal with irate customers with very little to no breaks between calls. I will NEVER go back to this company.
Pros
easy to get on
Cons
short breaks no support out dated equipment
Excellent company committed to safety
Electric serviceman 1st class (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 27, 2018
Lots of opportunities to relocate. Great safety programs and record . Progressive company with fantastic benefits. Top shelf training programs for craft and non craft employees
Pros
Plenty of opportunities in overtime and career advancement
Cons
Rotating shifts a problem for some
Dominion Energy was a good company to work for
Mechanical specialist / Front line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, MAOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for Dominon Energy. I went from a bargaining unit employee to a front line supervisor. They treated me good and sent me for a lot of training to help me transition from labor to supervisor.
Pros
A southern company very polite and respectful
Cons
They sold us
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northern VAAugust 19, 2018
I started from the bottom and worked my way to Supervisor. Great company to work for. Room for advancement. Reasonable pay.
In this line of work, be prepared to be away from home all the time. The work never ends. You will work all day and all night, in the rain, heat and cold. The work doesn't stop until all the lights are on.
I can't complain though. I feel blessed to be able to go to work everyday. I feel proud when I see all the lights come on.
Great place to work.
Pros
All the overtime you want.
Cons
Traffic can be extremely heavy in the North.
Large Energy Company
IT SUPERVISOR- INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2019
Dominion is a large diversified energy company. They use a lot of contractors and seem to have a high turnover rate. Because they are so big you feel like a number and not as a person.
Pros
competitive compensation
Cons
too big of a company
Great work environment
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 26, 2018
I loved Dominion. It was a great place to work. Other than my own. Vices and mistakes that I held on to and didn't get help It cost me my job if you have. Physical or emotional stress. Ask for help. They will help you
Pros
Great pay
Cons
could be more proactive with employees
Sr. Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Surry, VAJuly 16, 2018
Working for Dominion was a very efficient company. Sometime it could get stressful. I learned safety and dealing with different type of people. Training was very important to the company. The company did provide relaxing outings. The hardest part of he job could have been when the units were brought down for repairs and the 12 hrs. begun. You did get a day or two off.
Pros
volunteer programs, free tickets to Bush Garden
Cons
Lunch break is not long enough
Great Company.
Project Designer III (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2018
I came in without a college degree and worked my way up. They recognized my potential and gave me opportunities to grow that I may not have had elsewhere.
Pros
Great leadership, steady work, a lot of opportunity.
Cons
Being a regulated utility brings some frustrations.
Overall it is a good place to work
Market Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
Depending on your management and department, it can be a good place to work. The hardest part is dealing with colleagues who do not share the same life values.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not good work/life balance
Productive and fun work place. Great employees.
Mechanical Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIOctober 10, 2018
Every day it could be something different to work on.
Great training group. Provided all my education.
Working with Nuclear was safe and very educational.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Great people.
solid company
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mineral, VADecember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Dominion. The staff is very helpful. This is a company a lot of people stay for life. It is hard to get in but if you do, it will be hard to leave.
Pros
Pay, schedule, learning
Cons
Contracts
Great place to work - lots of opportunity for advancement
Network Associate Engineer/ Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2018
They're a great company to work for! They've provided me with lots of opportunities to advance my education, they have great benefits, and they offer wonderful work-life balance.
Pros
good benefits, great people, opportunities for advancement
Productive and fun place to work.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 22, 2018
Dominion is a great place to work. It is cutting edge in training and the people are the key that make it a fun place to work. There is opportunity for growth.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
None noted
Old-Timers Rule But Retire Young
Permitting Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2018
Great benefits, so stick around. All clout comes from tenure, not innovation. People retire young so that's something. Good pay, minimal learning curve due to patient trainers.
Pros
steady work
Cons
dull
Hired to fail!
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaOctober 15, 2018
Hired form outside company initially sent to location with insufficient training to do job. Poorest management I have experienced in 42 years of working!
Pros
Cons
to numernous to list
Quick lived Opportunity
NERC CIP Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 17, 2018
Too short of a timespan, I never had the chance to even get started good. Not sure how the conclusion came about to terminate my contract, but the timing, I guess was good since I was planning to relocate to accommodate the job. Happy to be home in Ohio, at least. Loved the Glen Allen area, and Dominion should be a good place to work. I just did not get to experience that for myself.
I enjoy were I work
Associate Operational Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2018
My place of employment is a very productive environment. We work as a team, and we do a lot of team building events. My manager is a very personable and easy to get along with
Pros
team building events, flex schedule
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2018
I would recommend working there, Dominion Energy provides a opportunity for growth in all career paths from Linemen to IT. The experience here was indeed second to none. If I was not a consultant I would continue to be a part of the Dominion family.
Pros
Culture, compensation and benefits
Best employer in my life
Nuclear Power Plant Helper (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIMay 21, 2018
I look back with pride having had the privilege to work for Dominion Energy at the Kewaunee Nuclear Power Station. It was a unique experience. From the day I started I was always greeted by name and a smile from every one at the plant. Very positive safety dominated forward looking company and work environment. EVERY DAY! It was a serious potentially hazardous place to work for sure but every ones attitude was professional and confident. And you always felt part of a family, never alone! Dominion Energy itself as a company is one of the best places to be a part of and to own stock in. It is a very well managed company maintaining a forward thinking attitude to give back to it's investors. I recommend it as a company to invest in.
Pros
Positive. Friendly. Welcoming. Professional. Confident.
Cons
Continual commitment to safety often with delays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Energy. Our community is ready to answer.