Dominion Energy
75Above average

Dominion Energy Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Don't trust management
I loved my job/work with I did for over 20 years. Management has no backbone and despite raving about your work all the time, they will not say anything or have your back when you make an error... Different rules/punishments for different people. Just depends who you are.
Pros
Good pay, good leave policy
Cons
Management wont have your back
Great Company.
I came in without a college degree and worked my way up. They recognized my potential and gave me opportunities to grow that I may not have had elsewhere.
Pros
Great leadership, steady work, a lot of opportunity.
Cons
Being a regulated utility brings some frustrations.
Poor Management
Management turn over constant, hired people for management who didn't know how to do their job or what to do. Schedule was rotation which could work out beautifully.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Management in the department that I work is extremely poor and constantly brought drama into the work environment. Additionally, they were not receptive to suggestions from those doing the job, and spent most of the time having discussions behind closed doors or playing on cell phones.
The position was face paced but not extremely stressful.
It was part time through a temporary agency so I didn't have benefits. I learned a lot about the power business encompassing what happens when a grid goes down and the long hours workers have to put in in inclement weather.

My immediate manager was very good to work for and the workplace culture good.

The hardest part of the job was straightening the supply room. It was dusty and very unorganized.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and learning a new business.
Pros
Good people to work with, learning culture, and patience from my manager.
Cons
Not enough hours, no benefits
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Contract Employee
I worked as a contractor for Dominion Power. I liked the job but the position I held didn't have a latter for advancement. You would have to take another position. This was my goal. It's a know the right person kind of job, which I didn't know anyone, so I couldn't advance upward based on my skills alone. Overall a good experience.
Pros
know the right people
Cons
no advancement in some positions
The closer , trains agent while getting the INK
The #1 closer on project, streamlined process from courthouse research to , dealing with landowners and getting the INK,, efficiency expert ability to trim the fat out of a project
good company to work for
go out in the field do your job could be over work or under ground work. something new every day[ ok ] like a family a team. working long hours after a storm. customers after a storm. working with a good group of people
Pros
good work
Cons
sometime long hours