Dominion Enterprises Employee Reviews

Benefits are the only good thing about this job.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2019
The hardest thing about the job is dealing with the weather, because you are outside in it all day, every day. People working here for over ten years as a rep have never received a raise. All you will ever get for a job well done is a "way to go!" What you earn varies depending on the dealer you service, and what kind of a deal the sales rep makes with them. You are on straight commission, and one dealer could be paying $10 for twelve photos and another could be paying $14 for nine photos. Then, if the dealer decides to complain about anything, your manager will swoop in and cut their prices or add more photos to the photo count. So you end up losing money. If you take a sick day, the managers want you to make it up on Saturday. If you have a paid holiday during the week, the managers want you to make it up on Saturday. There are no advancement opportunities. The turnover rate is extremely high. Rather than trying to keep the good employees, they treat you like you are easily replaceable.
Pros
Great health benefits, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave
Cons
Low pay, no raises, and no advancement opportunities
It's a job, not a career
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2019
Typical day is driving from dealership to dealership hoping they have vehicles ready for photographs. Some weeks are better then others.

Management was great in the beginning but as time went on, communication became less and almost non-existent, useless you did something wrong.

There are great benefits but for field reps they pay varies depending on what dealership you work at.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather. Field reps have to use vacation days to cover pay lost due to weather conditions. When there are more rainy.snowy days then vacation days, you go without pay and scramble to make up the difference.

Secondly, you are paid commission but get treated as an hourly employee. Your pay is based on your production, not how many hours you put in a day.
Pros
Great benefits, Vacation/sick time
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Productive, fun environment with some down sides
MARKETING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2019
Dominion Enterprises as a company is wonderful. I love how they treat there employees. depending on the company you work for inside of DE it can be quite demanding and you constantly feel like there is no job security.
Excellent job. Unlimited earning potential. Lots of sales training.
Senior Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
I loved working for this company. Had a lot of support from a few of my sales managers. Gave me enough experience to take my career to the next level. Great benefits. Good training.
Good company
Regional Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 25, 2018
My years with DE have been wonderful, I was treated with respect at all times and I felt valued. From lower to mid to executive management, they are fair to all employees regardless of job status.
Pros
for position, the freedom of working independently
Cons
On the road away from family
Its a job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 27, 2018
It can be a good job, in many ways it is pretty relaxed, but can also be very demanding, stressful, lots of work with little $ reward. It is a large company though, so I can only say on what I specifically do. They take care of the employees pretty well, but for commission based jobs there is no guarantee of a good paycheck or of not having ridiculous demands placed on you by customers.

I like the autonomy though, so that is nice.
Great workplace for the individually motivated
Key Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ME 04841July 29, 2018
Responsible for the advertising of national companies focusing on mail and email campaigns coast to coast for B2B and B2C clients. Partnering with many clients across multiple industries interested in communicating a marketing message to current and prospective consumers using printed or digital media. Applying database, demographic and psychographic tools to select those consumers most likely to purchase or take action on a message.
Acquisition
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2018
Acquired by CoStar Group Feb 2018- Converted print publication to digital in April- Layoff of entire division following the acquisition and conversion
Poor management
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
no area for promotion. all management was hired form outside with no experience relating to this field. job and extra work are generally threatened without the ability to be compensated. free work is a common expectation.
Loved and Miss my job here
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2018
I loved working for the company and I loved working with my fellow co-workers and manager. Its been my favorite job and even after a decade, I will say that it was still my favorite and I miss it.
Great company with great leadership
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2018
DE is a wonderful company with strong leadership. They are ethical and take care of their employees. There is never a dull moment and working there has been full of wonderful experiences.
The potential is there
Senior Marketing Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2018
I absolutely LOVE Dominion Enterprises. With a single owner, there are multiple, separate, businesses that were chosen as an investment. Due to being privately owned, the wages just aren't there. That's the most common complaint you'll ever see about them. They promote collaboration and creativity between all the businesses, in addition to multiple sponsored learning and networking events. Growth opportunities are also in a short supply, outside of the sales world.
DE is a very diverse company
Human Resources Supervisor/Safety and Security (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 26, 2018
They believe strongly in cross-training and ensuring their employees have the very best training possible.

Employee surveys are done regularly as they care about the feedback received from their employees.
Pros
Biometrics
Cons
Healthcare
review
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 24, 2018
Responsible for the quality and support of our eCommerce website by understanding how all elements of our website work together and develop QA approaches appropriate for our architecture.
Outstanding
Production Manager and collection specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala floridaApril 24, 2018
Outstanding work status and was able to work from home, great pay and benefits, received equipment on time, utilized phone and computer equipment to perform all duties
Pros
Work from home
Great Company Fair Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2018
Pros : This is a great company to work for.

Cons : Training is all over the place. Can be difficult for new hires to establish a routine thats consistent and effective.
Great company, depending on department
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 18, 2018
Dominion Enterprises has a lot of potential depending on division one is working for. Under different conditions, I wish things would have worked out. I respect the way I was treated once I resigned, and I left on good terms.
stressful
DBA The Employment Guide (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 7, 2018
management not play fair and was not based on hardwork but favortism and close due to newpaper dying era and went online only with most all accounts taken to corporate
Pros
unlimited sales
Cons
management
Section 8 apartment complex secretary.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 30, 2018
Worked with a manager to take applications and working to get housing for these people. Taking monthly rent payments and posting changes for circumstances.
Pros
Working with these people to find housing.
Cons
Was not able to attend management classes due to it going to a younger person
Changing Times
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 29, 2018
This is your typical print company trying to make the jump to digital. As print continued to shrink they keep moving from thing to thing to try to save it but it just didn't work.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Worked from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight