Dominion National Employee Reviews

Long Hours, Intense Pace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 19, 2018
Working here you will learn a lot, but work very long hours and under intense pressure. Workplace culture is friendly and there are happy hours and lunches to help make up for all the work.
Don't work here!!
Cash Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 18, 2018
If you're not with the in crowd forget about advancement. No training at all!!! You do all this work for pennies. A lot of gossiping and the men act like women because they gossip as well.
Pros
Can wear jeans and be comfortable
Cons
Cliquish, no advancement
Unprofessional Upper management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 21, 2018
You will be stressed! You work for Member Services but handles claims, billing, providers and then members. Although all those have their own department; your salary is still the least of those departments? Just saying; don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
Cons
If you're not a family member; they don't like to see you move ahead
don't work here
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 24, 2018
no feedback or recognition for hard work, only promote favorites, HR open door policy is not true. really bad management, managers don't have college degrees but act like they are better than you. everyone gossips even men, hated going to work everyday
Pros
holiday party, no drug test prior to working there, paid holidays, never worked on MLK holiday or Black Friday
Cons
bad management, little pay for so much work
Fun workplace but lacks substantial work ethic among the majority
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAApril 4, 2018
Dominion has many Pros socially but professionally and the actual knowledge of the general population is severely lacking.Many get by pushing work onto others or half way doing projects.It is very frustrating to have a college degree and continuously work hard and see others with less credentials and work ethic get ahead.
Pros
Social morale is a pro
Cons
merit weighted on who you know versus what you know
Management sucks!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2018
At Dominion National, it was all about who can suck up the most to management. If you have an opinion about them then you are in jeopardy of losing your job but if you are a person that did and say what ever they want you to then you are good. Management is very unprofessional. So in a nutshell the company pays well if you can deal with the craziness that goes on in the member services department.
Pros
Holiday parites (free alcohol and food), weekends off, pay and benefits
Cons
Nice location, close to DC, workplace culture is neutral
Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Nice location, close to DC. The workplace culture is neutral. You are allowed to be business casual or business attire during the week. You are allowed to do some teleworking if approved. High workload. New policies and procedures are still being introduced your workday can change often, you have to be quick to adapt to new changes.
Pros
Free lunches for your department when performace goals are met.
Cons
Short breaks, parking is strict
IIt's not a bad place at all
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22202November 16, 2017
A typical day of work is answer call assist with customer needs, problem solving. Training is excellent. Fast paced but people are nice. Comfortable environment.
Nice work environment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 13, 2017
Nice environment to work, management was shaky, a lot of turnover at the time I was there. Overwhelmed with work when I was there. Went through a management change and I didn't work out.
Cons
inexperienced manager
The staff is awesome
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 7, 2017
At one time Dominion was an Awesome company, however since the company is growing the small family values they once held have dissipated. I have learned new facets of the job and enjoy my co-workers. Hardest part of the job is getting upper management to understand replacing the systems we work in wont help moral , if you aren't paying your staff competitively.
Unproductive, unprofessional and I wouldn't encourage anyone to seek employment..
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 22, 2017
Very cut throat... My time there was cut short due to personal differences...Wasn't handled professionally. Thank the powers that be, things worked out as they did..
Great place
PLAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2017
The whole company is one big family where each dept works together toward a common goal. There is always room for growth and way for your career to expand.
Great Place
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2017
This is a great place to work. I have learned a lot and grown my career. I am proud to continue to work here, and would like to see more internal movement quicker
The worst
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 11, 2017
I dreaded going into work each day. The repetition wasn't the reason for my stress but management in the department. Member Services had some great people working there but management made it unbearable most days. Management didn't make sure people were actually taking calls. The "favorites" were allowed to do what they want while everyone else had to work double time to keep up with the call volume sometimes.

My trainer was good and I was good at my job. However being thrust onto the phones with inadequate programs was always a pain. I would not recommend working here unless you are just passing through until another opportunity comes along.
Pros
They paid me albeit very little
Cons
Everything else
financial Services Manager
financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  alexandria, vaSeptember 1, 2015
I have managed 8 people. I learned that you have to communicate with everyone differently because everyone has a different personality and how they learn.
Worst place to work
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VAFebruary 3, 2015
I was hired as a temp 4 weeks ago. We had 1 1/2 weeks of training and was thrown on the phones. Team leads were told not to help us. We were left to get help from more experienced member service reps. Today was told my job would be over after my shift. They made up so elaborate lie to tell my temp agency. This is the worst place I ever worked. They did me a favor in letting me go, because I had plan to quit by the end of the week.
Pros
Cons
On Monday's we had to work 9 hours on phone with no lunch break
Keep your eyes closed to bulls*&^ and you'll be O.K.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 11, 2013
Management will not take responsibility for their inability to handle complex situations, they expect you to do it. IF...IF you are caught, don't look for help. They will throw you under the bus. MEMBER SERVICES AND PROVIDER SERVICES ARE THE SAME!! So a MSR may be helping your doctor, while helping you. This is impossible, but not to management.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Management is HORRIBLE
The worst place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 1, 2013
The only way a person can make it in this company is if they suck up to management. It does not matter how much you know, but who you know. The turnover rate is high. They expect you to do alot of work for little pay. The culture is horrible. You have some managers/directors that have no business being one. All they do is throw their work off on their staff. If you do get a job in this company, make sure you're working on getting another job, because no one's job is secured.
Pros
Free parking, near Old Town, Benefits
Cons
Little pay for a lot of work, Work Culture is Horrible
Small Business
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 19, 2012
My job was very enjoyable. I felt needed every morning I walked in. I was an ideal employee and was recognized by the president in a letter. The hardest part of my job was to blatantly lie to customers. Unfortunately, there was no Provider Services. So Memb. Serv. handled customer and provider services. My immediate supervisor left, her supervisor quit, and it was chaos until I was terminated shortly thereafter.
Pros
close to public transportation
Cons
management not familiar with own computer software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dominion National. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3