Don Pablo's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Money Hungry Failing Company
MANAGER, CERTIFIED TRAINER, BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 9, 2018
Company put too much effort into impressing corporate than it did to take care of its employees and customers. Lack of quality employees didn't help either.
Long Ago
Lunch Server and Closing Server (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 5, 2018
I have not worked this job in a very long tim nor did I like working there. I do not understand why I need to rate these jobs especially if I have not worked there in over ten years.
Very prductive
Host/busser (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MD 20707January 29, 2018
This is a great place to work before they had shut down the one in Laurel, MD. The managers and employees had gotten along great with one another. The job wasn't hard just very time consuming.
The other employees were nice and fun to talk to, but some of the management wasn't as good as others, and there was always a new problem.
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 14, 2018
Coworkers were Great

Some Managers better than others

Unfair treatment of employees

Constant Misfortunes

Never enough hours

Too many employees would come and go and mess everything up.
Pros
Nice Staff, Discount Food
Cons
Not enough hours, questionable management
fast paced work environment and helpful employees
Host (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 10, 2018
a Host/hostess job at don Pablos includes seating guests in an organized fashion and communicating with servers and other employees to make work more efficient. I learned time management and to stay on task in a fast paced environment. Management was helpful training in new comers but lacked in organization in making the schedule. The hardest part of the job was making sure to disperse customers in seating making sure each server had a fair amount of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and the people that worked there. Very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
hours, pay, work environment
Cons
fast paced, irritable customers
Awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Obviously this place is awful because it went bankrupt, but I literally only worked here because I made my own money as a server. The management was terrible, and every shift was a disaster.
fun work place
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 6, 2017
Loved working here, so unfortunate they closed down my store. Food was awesome. Employees were great. If they opened up a new one in Minnesota again I would definitely work there again.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
stressful
A Fast Paced Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 28, 2017
The Don Pablo's where I was employed closed down in February of 2016. In the months before closing, the restaurant was very slow, mostly due to changes in the area. Prior to this, however, I loved coming into work and we had customers coming in all day long. Nights were especially busy and there was always something to be done.
very productive , learned spanish
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2017
As a manager you had to learn Spanish to direct the staff. I given my first chance to run a high paced kitchen and was in charge of serving staff as well
Pros
was able to speak spanish
Cons
very long days
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 10, 2017
During my working time at don pueblos i had a blast learning a lot about the culture of restaurant work. I didn't like the fact that i went on vacation and came back to find out that i was laid off and the business had closed its doors.
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJune 15, 2017
This was a great environment for a workplace. All employee's treated each other as family and it helped create a great working experience for myself. Would recommend to anyone.
quick thinking
Server (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 13, 2017
Don Pablo's was a very popular resraraunt when I worked there mainly because of the awesome weekly entrée deals ( taco Tuesday, fajitas Wednesday, ayce enchiladas Thursdays) and I loved working those days mainly as a host but the money was perfect serving on those days too.
Pros
weekly deals
Cons
a lot of food wasted
The Don Pablo's experience
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
My time with Rita Restaurant Group was an education on how to make a store (and Group) more profitable. Rita had bought Don Pablo out of a double bankruptcy with the intent to flip the company and make a profit. Hours were long but pay and benefits were good.
I honed my finance skills with inventory and P n Ls due each week.
Rita succeded with their goal and sold the company in 2013.
Great Place to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Canton OhioMay 18, 2017
This has to be one of the best serving jobs I have ever had. Only reason why I left was due to not having a care and moving, and was able to find a job closer to home. Good thing since not to long later they closed down.
unprofessional and dirty
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2016
greet customers at the door
help them get seated and prep them on the menu and specials we had going on at the time
keep the resturtant clean
help out servers in any way possible
make sure the guest had a wonderful experinces and wants to return
very short
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 20, 2016
didn't work there very long and it was 20 years ago but a good management team to work for still good friends I also enjoyed the customer base there and a nice start.
Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 30, 2015
Fun, fast paced work environment. I enjoyed serving and getting to be around wonderful people everyday. There were great perks to the job an plenty of hours available.
Pros
Reduced prices for food, fast paced envrionment
Cons
Could get stressful
Customer Service
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 5, 2015
Typical day at work includes greeting customers taking food and drink orders. Using communication skills, money management, team work, step consolidation. Hardest part of my job is making sure that if training a new employee they are understanding and learning the steps of service that is used to be a great server. Management is understanding and acknowledges any issue when arises and promptly assists the customer making sure their dining experience is great. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I am making the customers dining expeirence exceptionally outstanding.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Not every co-worker thinks and acts at the same pace
server
server (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 21, 2015
Making sure your customers had a happy experience dining out. Ensuring your work area was clean and you stayed pleasant with customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay
Fun staff and friendly management team
Certified Trainer/Server/Host/Busser (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 15, 2015
A regular shift starts with the traditional clocking in. After that you take a walk around your designated section, make sure everything is clean and organized. After you do a run through of the kitchen make sure everything is stocked for the night. You get sat tables, then eventually get "cut". Which indicates that you no longer will be taking tables and are ready to begin doing side work and getting ready to leave for the day/night.
Pros
Free lunches on volume shifts
Cons
Not a steady income