Donaldson Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

Too many hours
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INNovember 27, 2018
I’ve never worked so much overtime and seen so many employees walk in and walk out we started working ten hour shifts even my line cut out a second shift and then picked up every Saturday l
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Terrible management and has only gotten worse since i started
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, INOctober 12, 2018
Worst management ive ever worked for.employees are mostly fast food failures that get promoted by complaining and turning in other employees for petty and childish things
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Too many to list
Donaldson
Lead Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 3, 2018
I was working as a contractor and I also provide leads to other representative agent at the helpdesk. My contract ends so I have to go onto another contract work.
Safe working
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CASeptember 25, 2018
Welding cutting with a touch and other hand tools.
I learned how to use shear, press brake, iron worker.
Management had it ups and downs.
Culture was fun.
Welding in the heat and cold.
Learning new things along with the lean program. I am now bronze level cert
Donaldson company inc
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INSeptember 19, 2018
Was a very great place to work along with some very good people. I would recommend people who live near them to give it a shot. Alot of good ways to move up in the management system.
Pros
Always had work to be done
Cons
benefits package was pricey
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 12, 2018
Good job long hours lots of overtime good benefits oaud vacation oaud sucks days good plant heated and air opportunity to move up in the company good job
Cons
backstabbing and lying at its best
Maintenance Technician/molder (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INAugust 25, 2018
Too many clicks, too much favoritism, poor management. They will go out of their way to dig up any dirt on an employee to get them demoted or fired. Regardless of work performance.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no home life, management is based on who will kiss the most butt and fitting in their cliches.
Great place to start off in the safety world
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIAugust 8, 2018
Great staff, helpful. Needs support from upper management. Was a great place in order to learn the fundamentals of a working environment. This allows for growth to even the greenest of people
No rest/ work alot/ But good co workers
Powercore utility production (Current Employee) –  Cresco, IAJuly 28, 2018
Very friendly people work here . We all work on production lines as a team. Supervisors are very easy going if you do your job. Working 7 days a week right now. In all the years I've worked here, this happens and it's nice to save extra money.
Pros
Good team, workers.
Cons
Shortbreaks, very hot in summer, unfair upper management
Productive fast paced
Assembler/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 28, 2018
Good paying job but can’t hardly advance. Management isn’t good on communication I liked the hours for the most part. Easy job but very demanding on peak season
Excellent company to work for, BUT...
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 19, 2018
They need to figure out how to give people at least 2 weekends off each month - permanently.

I enjoyed the work atmosphere, the union involvement, the opportunity for job changes and advancement. However, being made to work 6 days a week for years with only an occasional surprise Saturday off (with not enough warning to make plans, anyway) is not easy for most people, so there is a very high turnover rate for new employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Work every Saturday
Donaldson is a great place for career minded people to advance their careers while still balancing family life.
US OEM Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 16, 2018
Management at Donaldson is very good and encouraging. There is no such thing as a typical day at work! The culture working at Donaldson is great and they really promote a team environment.
Fun workplace with professional engineers
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 10, 2018
Working at Donaldson Company was my most challenging experience and at the same time the best I could have been part of. Professional people surrounded by and helping me a lot on my projects and future plans. It was very special because of the atmosphere I was working on. Big projects were assign to me and I felt very important for my small part I could contribute. The information I provided with a different background and culture was listened and respected by all the employees on meetings and during projects.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Small Parking lot
Good company to work for if you can meet their high standards. Not the ideal place for shy people or intoverts.
International Trade Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 14, 2018
Face paced, time goes by quickly - never have nothing to do.
Workload is always high and often stressful.
Management is so, so - each does as they choose with their employees. There seems to be no set guidelines which is kind of nice because everyone's situation is different.
Able to work from home.
Very diverse company with many different cultures.
Individuals with a degree seem to be liked more
Pays well
Pros
Good pay, great benenfits, flexible policies, abilty to work from home
Cons
Workload is way to high and there are no streamlined processes
Decent pay, communication. Culture does have room for improvment
Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, INJune 3, 2018
Decent pay, communication. Culture does have room for improvement. The company does seem to be heading in a better direction. They have treated me well and helped me to become the strong leader I am today.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Culture, hours
terrible management
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 27, 2018
if you looking to advance in a company don't go there period. Management is below average. Human Resource is a joke. Supervision is par at best. Pay is the best thing this company can offer.
Pros
pay
Cons
advancement
Toxic place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 15, 2018
Horrible work culture both with Management and floor people. People are cut-throat and toxic and protected by friendships with promoted supervisors. If you dont fit in or go along with the toxic atmosphere you will be singled out and either leave or be terminated or threatened. Poor decision making by floor supervision who are "blocker" in the company, meaning: they do not have the skill or education to move up. They do recognize service to the company with awards.
Pros
Fair pay, Benefits.
Cons
Toxic work environment, no team work, bad management.
Competitive work environment
Military Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIMay 11, 2018
Typical day was spent spray painting military equipment. Learned to work with 100's of different types of paint. Management is willing to assure you are properly trained.
good place
Assembler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILMay 7, 2018
Good place to work. There is room for advancement if you put the effort in. Most management is hired from with in the company. Decent place to work.
Pros
decent people
Cons
i do not know
Wouldn't work there again if I could
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI 54481April 25, 2018
Worked long hours, on call 24/7, had to take work with me on vacation, roles that I was not trained for or qualified for were thrust upon me, given roles that amounted to basically several full time positions, and I could go on. I do not recommend working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Donaldson Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.