DONALDSON COMPANY, INC Employee Reviews

Very progressive company focused on Lean & Continuous Improvement
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 31, 2018
Stressful job with long hours. Expectations are very high, but management support is low. Future goals of the next level management is to focus on Engineering and new products, while moving existing manufacturing operations off site, and likely out of the country.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Poor work/family balance. Goal setting without basis/logic
I enjoyed my tenure at Donaldson
Manufacturing/Production/Operations – Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ivyland, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Checked production schedule, talked with previous shift supervisor and with operators about our plan. I learned a great deal about manufacturing, quality and how to make people successful. Most managers were really good but there was a couple who did things so they could justify their existence. The culture was pretty good since I had a good working relationship with the operators and most managers. The hardest part of the job was the amount of daily meetings we were required to attend (all day) along with being told to spend 60% of your time managing the floor. The operators were self sufficient so my job was easy and I enjoyed rolling my sleeves up and getting in the trenches to work with them
Pros
I had a good working relationship with operators and managers
Cons
Upper mangement thought conflict in a work place was good
A nice comfortable place to work
2nd Level System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 22, 2018
My experience was as a full time employee, it's my understanding that the I.T. department is moving to more outsourced employees, however when I was there it was more of a family feel. With the retirement of the more "Donaldson Raised" leadership the focus changed to more of a typical corporation environment.
Inefficiency
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 5, 2017
Let me just say, that I do not enjoy or feel comfortable bad mouthing an employer or former employer. It simply has ended up not to be a good fit for me for future employment. I recently realized that I do not fit into the current management ideology.
Pros
Decent pay and very good benefits
Cons
Tedious work and many weekends
Stuck in the 80's, but trying to catch up
Global Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2017
Company is stuck in the 80's & 90's in Culture and facilities. But, they are making strides to modernize the workplace and also benefits to attract the next generation of employees.
Very good company for starters,
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 8, 2017
Good work life balance, good work culture and ope door policy, flexi hours, paid vacation, 401K and insurance. My manager is very good and listens to me carefully and give his inputs accordingly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not think off
Steady company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 21, 2017
I've had several positions within this company and given small opportunities to grow. The development environment is lacking the necessary support from management. My current role has given me great exposure to our global regions so I would really like to visit, develop relationships, and train my coworkers/colleagues on their home turf.
The workplace culture is divided by groups; the group I call home is mostly upbeat and very busy. Daily I'm on email, jabber, phone, and WebEx with domestic and international personnel. This is the part I love (it doesn't hurt that I believe in the product development process and love what I do); the challenges faced are time zones, culture, and language barriers. Meeting with some of our global team members has helped strengthen working relationships, communication, and encourage a more sustainable training program.
Pros
Clean, good people, global exposure
Cons
Slow to advance; lack of trust in employees, pay is less than desireable
A day in the life of an engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 19, 2017
Constant fire fighting, with external and internal customers. Everyone is expected to do more than their job title requires to make management happy and leave visitors/customers impressed.
Good work life balance.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 10, 2017
Great place to work. Not flashy being that they sell filtration equipment, but even keeled and low pressure. Really good bunch of people. Great job security.
Pros
Low pressure environment.
Cons
Not a lot of new investment in I.T.
This is a secure company and has very good compensation and benifits.
Machinist, production (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 11, 2017
I spent 17 years here so it couldn't have been too bad. It has great benefits and good wages. There are times of no overtime and then times of a lot of overtime. They are Union and have advancement and time off guidelines set. Having time off between Christmas and New Years Day was always nice! Production is just what it is.
Pros
Good benifits and time off at the end of the year.
Cons
I felt that many supervisors were more interested in numbers that people or quality.
Diversified company with aggressive customers
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to develop a career. I learned lean six sigma concepts in action. I enjoyed traveling to suppliers' manufacturing sites. This helped during tough negotiations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Stressful at times
Productive, team-based work, plenty of overtime if needed.
Bodyline Operator (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAOctober 1, 2015
A typical eight hour day production job manufacturing products (air filters) on a rotational assembly line. Worked with other operators to insure a quality product is made and exceeds customer needs and satisfactions. Learned a lot about root cause analysis to identify and fix issues involving machinery and quality. Management was fairly easy to get along with most days and almost all other employees were great to work with. Had the best benefits of any job I'd ever had but was sometimes difficult to work at a fast pace during a hot/humid day.
Pros
Good wages, benefits including paid vacations and holidays, and overtime pay.
Fine place to work, not a place to advance
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 9, 2015
The people are great, but hard work and accomplishment are recognized with a pat on the back instead of advancement or additional compensation.
Pros
The people are great to work with. Good benefits.
Cons
Not much chance for advancement on the technical side.
Internship
Business Process Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 21, 2015
My experience at this company has been very valuable, especially in the change management realm. I've had exposure to domestic and internaltional teams and business functions. The company doesn't invest in employee development. It also doesn't take many risks within the industries it's compelled to lead in.
Overall good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2014
It depends on the department/division you work in.
Some divisions are great to work in.
Some departments have unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
HR doesn't respond to you
Loved the job
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOAugust 12, 2013
I knew when I arrived at work everyday that there would be a new challenge for me to deal with, in the manufacturing world it is a constant change with customer orders and plant expectations.
I know my shipping and inventory job very well and the management did not mess with me and let me do my job as it was required.

My advancements in the business over the 12 years i was there were based on my job performance and i was nicely compensated for what i did.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was making and meeting customer expectations on shipping their orders.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 3, 2013
Donaldson Company is a great place to work. They value their employees and also produce high quality products. No job is perfect, but I have usually felt very well supported my the management group.
A secure company that gives back to the community!
SR. CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 16, 2013
Donaldson is a well established company that is worldwide. I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the department I was a team member of.
Pros
cafeteria in building