Donatos Pizza Employee Reviews

Donatos is the worst place to work at
Server/trusted associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHDecember 4, 2018
Would never work their again poor management no one worked together as a team like they was supposed to do . Managers just didn’t care what you did . No one would ever do what they where supposed to do so it made it harder for those who where trying to do their job you have manager in the back messing around and play fighting with coworkers
Donatos is a great place and has great staff.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
I've worked and Donatos for the past 3 years. With those three years I can honestly say that I've enjoyed my time here. It's not really the pay that keeps me here but the staff themselves. They are what have kept me there so long because I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Pay could be better
doesnt really pay the bills
Make Ready (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2018
not ah very high paying job nut its relaxed .nit it is ah high paying job manager is very nice & respectful the team iwas working with was hard workers.
The Job Pays Well
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 20, 2018
The job paid well because of the tips. The most enjoyable part is communicating with the customers. The worst part was having to put up with the mean and disrespectful Manager, and the supervisor below him. Way too stressful than necessary working inside the pizza shop. Outside of there, it was pure heaven
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Disrespectful management
Not a very organized company to work for.
Kitchen Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2018
Not a very good place to work for. Very unorganized and a very stressful environment to be in. Managers are lazy and dont do their job. Worked there for over 2 years, no benefits and no raises other than what was mandatory. Had only 7 employees by the time I quit because of terrible management.
productive and fun workplace
Donatos Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 9, 2018
it was a great place to work. the co-workers were the best and everyone worked together as a team to accomplish our goal. we would joke around with each other or have a conversation but still got things done
Pros
great place to work
Donatos
Maker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 2, 2018
Atypical work day at Donatos can be fun, but also stressful. I learned that if you work hard, you'll get taken advantage of. There really isn't room for advancement because when you're asked to step up, they just bring in someone from another store who ends up quitting anyway. There is no raise in pay for insiders, even though they tell you you will get a raise when they hire you.
Great managers, difficult customers
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHOctober 30, 2018
Working is great but communication with customers is difficult at times, management is great especially the store I worked at. Amber is the best manager at the store that I was working.
Donatos
Maker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 26, 2018
A typical day at work at Donatos can be fun, but also stressful. Management doesn't always do their job, like making sure employees use the scales for weighing portions, and assigning equal work load between employees. If you're a hard worker, expect to be taken advantage of. The most enjoyable part of working at Donatos was working with certain people that actually work together as a team.
Daily Routine
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2018
I can not at this time keep emotions out of this review. Therefor I am not able to fill this portion of the survey out in a objective way. The description of how the typical day and hardest and most enjoyable part of this survey is not applicable at this time
Pros
Cons
Low pay long hours
Lack of employment
spec do to following a production guide (Current Employee) –  935 Taylor station rdOctober 24, 2018
There was people quiting every week so I was forced to do more than I can handle. Every time I got my body and feet was killing me. The job was ok but they need to pay the temps more for what there required to do.
Stay Corporate if you can
General Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 22, 2018
You are better off to stay at a corporately owned Donatos rather than a franchise. There are more benefits and room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was when you are told that your job has to come before your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with for the most part. I learned a lot about myself and how to get ahead in life. As much as the commercials show that every piece is important, not all of the franchises feel that way.
Typical Pizza Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2018
Management puts impossible to meet standards on you and hold you responsible for not meeting them. A delivery may be 20 minutes south and then 20 minutes north and they expect you to stay on 29 minute delivery times at all times, even when busy or short-handed.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Only left due to security concerns and personal safety
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2018
I was assigned to many dangerous neighbors and asked to be moved regularly. Robberies were too numerous. Otherwise, I loved this company. I just wish that I was working in a safer location.
Fun work place but poor pay
North Main St Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 21, 2018
It’s doesnt pay well but it’s a fun work environment and is great for a first job. Could use a little manager work. Most days are nice paced but Friday’s are extremely busy.
Pros
Meal plan, discounts, good team
Cons
Poor pay
Still trying to find itself
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Can't decide if wants to be family owned or franchise business. Staffing is an ongoing challenge. Corporate inspections based on how they feel that day, not what policy is.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Good place to work . Easy to do . Makes you life long good friends . And it was a food job but i had to move to a different city but i would go back to work there if i had to
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I was a good first part time job in high school. Didn’t stay long because I received a better job offer that I couldn’t pass up at the time. Would recommend the job.
Nice atmosphere
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 29, 2018
Almost the entire staff is teenagers, so be prepared for that. It’s a fun, fast-paced, and low-stress job. You will have the most fun working there, but like I said before... teenagers.
Pros
Pace
Cons
Teenagers
Good job for a teenager/college student
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 28, 2018
I worked here while in high school and in college. It was a great atmosphere and fun people to work with but I got yelled at for things out of my control by my manager because he was stressed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Donatos Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight