Donatos Pizza Employee Reviews

This job will keep you on your feet. It keeps you very busy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2019
I loved Donatos Pizza and I wish I could’ve stayed there are days when it’s a little stressful but other than that I recommend you give it a go it also depends on who your associates are
Like working at Donatos
Sub Maker (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHFebruary 28, 2019
At first it was rough, the store manager liked to yell at the employees a lot. But now since they got a new manager...it is a lot quieter and less stressful. Love the people that I work with. Working together as a team makes all the difference in the world. Part time people is mainly for the busy hours only and scheduled that way.
Pros
Love people I work with
Cons
No benefits and only 15 hours a week
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 21, 2019
This was a horrible place to work, no opportunity for growth. In either salary or management positions. All of my coworkers were extremely rude. I would not recommend working or eating there. You get paid minimum wage, and the food is over priced.
Terrible management, hours, and pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2019
Terrible management, hours, and pay. I worked there for 4 months and they would take me of the clock and I’d still be working. They had an issue if you called off in advance, put you on schedule at different stores without telling or asking you first.They are just overall a bad company
Pros
Nons
Cons
Short breaks, no free lunch, pay
If you have the right manager makes all the difference.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 2, 2019
I enjoyed my first year at donato's, there was great management, and great co-workers. But Donato's is a temporary job for most people, so a lot of people quit and left. Our GM quit and it was all downhill from there. They will hire anyone off the street to be a manager and don't care for their employees. Bad pay and only a 25% discount on food.
Pros
25% discount. Wasn't too busy, get breaks whenever slow.
Cons
Low pay.
Good food, Poor managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHFebruary 1, 2019
Aside from busy weekends, a typical day consisted of fast paced working at any given station or moment, or the environment would be slow/dead.
What I learned primarily, was to stay strong and not to be afraid of communicating with others, especially if you have any type of issue.
The management at my location, business wise, was good; with its workers though, it could be very poor, relationship wise.
Many of the managers show favortism in certain associates, enough so that I have witnessed other associates allowed a break or on their phones at the workstation, while I did all the work. It is because of this that gossip is spread around in a supposedly professional environment, which could personally make you feel quite unsafe; rumors could be spread, tension could be created, you could even be bullied.
By far, the hardest part of the job, was dealing with the overall culture of the workplace. I felt unsafe and disrespected despite working so hard. There were only a few people I felt I could trust with even simple complaints. Otherwise, any legitimate problem I had, would be ignored.
The most enjoyable part, ironically, was the customers. Many of them were easy to talk to, and were understanding.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Associate favortism from managers
Worst company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46227January 28, 2019
The absolute most horrible company I have ever worked for. No leadership or guidance. Upper management was severely lacking. Treat employees like they dont matter.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2019
Donatos is a great company to work for. It is family run, so you have that family feeling. If there was a downfall, it would be the compensation. They are behind the ball in that field. I would recommend.
Chill vibes
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Nice place to work, the people are nice and the co-workers are chill, busy days are when you gotta make sure you're on top of everything cause it'll get hectic.
Good temp place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 18, 2019
Wasn't impressed or anything... Didn't really get involved with the owners or management. Great food, most of the crew was kind and worked hard. All in all not a bad place to work.

Want to know more about Donatos Pizza?

Ask a question
Honestly the best job ive ever had
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Fun, friendly environment. Lots of company events. Management is very relaxed and understanding. My co-workers were like my second family. I would highly recomend working at donatos pizza
Pros
Free lunch, tips, exciting work environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Very clean and by the book
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Very nice people and very fair this place is very clean and I had an amazing general manager that would help anyone and was truly friendly to everyone that came thru the door and he taught me a lot in my time being there
Pros
Fairness, family oriented, pizza was good and amazing pizza
Cons
Drama as in every workplace
You can be working your butt off one minute and sitting on it the next.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 4, 2019
Minimum wage job. Easy work but very boring. Some days we'd be swamped, others we twiddled our thumbs waiting for something to do. Then again that's consistent with the restaurant business.
The Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2019
A typical work day at Donato's was coming into work, taking out trash, doing dishes, and folding boxes. I would not recommend working here because of pay.
It was a fun workplace, I’m glad I got to experience this.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 30, 2018
This place has really good people, I’ve met some that I cherish with my whole heart. The job was good, good job to learn how to work with food. Everyone loves pizza.
Very laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2018
I love working at Donatos it was one of my favorite work places in the fast food industry it was my first job and I loved it my boss was cool my co-workers was cool you know it was very family-oriented
Pros
Free lunch
This is an ok semi fast paced work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 28, 2018
I liked my job at Donatos. I liked the pace we worked at and the people I worked with. I just wished they paid a little more considering I'm an adult with bills and kids to raise.
Pros
Discount on food, nothing there is hard to do, just have to be ready to work.
Cons
The money isn't the greatest, had a problem with keeping employees.
Great Starting Job or Just a Great Job in General!
Cashier/Cleaning Crew/Cook (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 26, 2018
The staff and fellow co workers where fun and friendly, the managers cared about their employees and would often assist when things got busy. They where understanding of disabilities. Overall very fun and positive place to work.
Pros
Free Pizza, Free Refreshments, Great Managers and Co Workers.
Cons
Only got paid minimum wage.
Bad
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 21, 2018
I hated going to work there, the people were nasty and lacked productivity. The managers lacked good judgement and had an over all bad work ethic. I would not recommend this job.
Good Starter Job
Marketing, Sales, Service, Food Prep, et al. (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 17, 2018
They teach you how to make a pizza with good, measurable standards. The pay isn't great, but there is an opportunity to learn about ever aspect of business, including the life cycle of a product.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Donatos Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight