Donor Services Group

Donor Services Group Employee Reviews

Good but Hard Work
This is the best call center I have ever worked for, at least involved in fund-raising or anything involving money. The culture of nurturing relationships between client and donor makes a huge difference.
Pros
Flexible, good causes, good managers
Cons
stress
Not for everyone
There are chances to grow and move up but that's only if you can hit numbers consistently. This company has an environment that is relaxed as long as you hit your numbers. If you don't have an issue with asking old people for money, then you can be very successful here. This job is taxing emotionally. This company has a super high turnover rate.
Very kind and patient
I really enjoyed working at Donor Services Group :)

It’s a great atmosphere to work in with a great group of people :)

I learned so much :)

My bosses are so kind and patient :)

My bosses,

{Random note from me:

If you think about the Alphabet, there are 26 letters,

A =1, B=2 and so on. }

My bosses 3, 18 and 22

you always gave me positive encouragement, you are kind, patient, and you make work an enjoyable environment :)

The staff who also trained me on the phones you are also very patient, kind and always gave me positive encouragement :)

5, 1, 5 and 3

All of my coworkers, you are kind and a great group of people to work with :)

Each one of you always brought a smile to my face everyday :)

I miss everyone who works there :(
Pros
Patient bosses, great work environment, learn something new everyday
Cons
I honestly do not see any cons.
Decent part time job
This is a decent part time job for a call center caller. Pros are that this employment is flexible. Cons are that the pay is low and there are a lot of demands for the quality of calls made.
Terrible
Absolutely terrible place to work. The management is pushy and only cares about numbers and their own jobs. They also refused to work with a required military training schedule. The pay is horrible
Horrible.
They lure you in with bonuses, benefits etc that of which I never experienced then force you to do what no one else wants to. Telemarketing. Bugging people! You’re forced to agitate and annoy people until they see fit. Stay far away everyone! It’s misleading!
Quality Management
The people who run Donor Services Group are effective managers who care about their staff and the world around us. It's a pleasant work environment filled with people consciously working to make our planet better.
General donor service company.
Although a bit monotonous and old age, this company was very well structured. Associates made automated outbound calls, attempting to receive donations for mostly leftist politically and environmentally based campaigns. Leads were often warm and kind.
Productive fun work place
Donor Services is a good job to work at especially the work environment its a laid back easy job. You would call clients on the behalf of non profit organizations.
Pros
Calling on behalf of non profit organizations
Cons
the commute to work
It is a sink or swim enviromment, all outbound calling, managers tend to play favorites
I am just not a big fan of outbound calling, bugging people at home. I did good, however I was also in school full time and it became to be too much.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Short breaks, outbound fundraising, sink or swim
flexible hours & overtime offered
This firm is ok for a student looking for a temporary part time or for senior retired person. If u work full time thete are intense emotional challenges. It comes from donor refusals & lack of consistent workplace policies by the supervisory staff.
Cons
Productive and pleasant working establishment. Various instructions learning to communicate with the public via phone systems. There was no hard part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with people that wanted to help people in need.
Workplace Culture
This Company Unfortunately Does Not Reward The Associates Or Ambassadors As They Call Them. No Support And Very Racist As To How They Treat African Americans...
Hard work- GREAT team feeling and support structure
I've never worked anywhere that I've felt so supported personally and professionally by both management and colleagues. Wonderful diverse environment .
Pros
great management, great team, fun games and rewards
Cons
the work can be really really hard - you have to have a super thick skin
Great Work Environment
Fun but structured office, great people. The work is hard, but definitely fulfilling. You truly learn customer service and how to talk to people. Everyone really wants you to succeed there
outstanding
one of the better jobs ive had to be honest. i love the passion for the organizations they work for like peta and the humane society. callers are reluctant to give though, you have to be very persuasive to make sales. but other than that id recommend it.
Pros
very scenic area of mount lebanon, great people
Cons
hard to make sales
fast paced
I was very happy to work at donor services group, it was a great start off job in LA. competitive pay, and good co workers. Easy to apply, fun raising money for non profit organizations.
unpleastnt work, nasty people
its a call center where you pith to mostly very elderly donors. you'll pith for 2 hours at a time stuck at a desk with either very little breathing room between calls (2-10 seconds) or far to much (10-minutes) the management is extremely unhelpful and seems unable to give a straight answer to any question, rather they are so used to pithing them selves, that the will give yo a longwinded vague run around from which and wisdom you'll be on your own to figure out. there is a lot of money to be made if you can grit your teeth through the soul crushing work
Pros
potentially good pay
Cons
short breaks, poor managment, awful work
Lousy place to work.
Working in the PGh.PA office was a nightmare. Veteran employees harass beginners by making false charges of theft and racism. People go out of their way to make others fail, whine about the campaigns they work on, it was total favoritism. DSG is a seriously depressing place to work.
Pros
One or two nice people.
Cons
Management sucks, training sucks, mostly bad people.
Outbound calls
Hard sales, lots of work to be done. I gained call center experience here. There were a lot of people that came and went. This job is not for everyone. You must be really driven to get all your sales
Pros
experience
Cons
hard sales
A great place to work but not for me.
Start the day on the phone and I learned how to implement constructive feedback that way I may have an opportunity to grow. Hardest part was to consistently hear, "No's," that ranged from soft to aggressive. Most enjoyable part was some of the floor supervisors and their insight to possibly better oneself.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, great bonuses
Cons
Consistent NO'S.