DonorsChoose.org Employee Reviews

fun workplace
desk work (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working here. the environment was great, the people were nice and it was something I wanted to do. I had to manage 50-70 packages while being there, my days to come in were Tuesday, thursday, and Friday. the company offered a table of snacks, tea and coffee for the workers as well.
Pros
snacks
Relaxed atmosphere with friendly co-workers
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
I love volunteering at DonorsChoose.org. It is a nonprofit that provides crowdfunding for teachers and students' needs in public school settings. As a teacher, I can relate to the struggles we face when trying to provide materials for our classrooms. That is why I decided to get involved and I am very happy with my role there.
Pros
For volunteers: free snacks, drinks, a mini fridge and events, such as "Volunteer Appreciation Week"
Integrity Assurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Excellent place to work, but full time positions are very hard to come by in this very sought after organization!
All work, no play
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2013
I interned here for almost a year with my supervisor. As soon as I walked in, I would be handed work to accomplish. When I finished, she would find more tasks for me to do. I always successfully fulfilled all the tasks. It was never difficult. However, when I asked for a position a little higher, they completely refused.
Pros
Office Experience
Cons
No breaks, lots of work
Great Internship
Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2013
I started being the photo manager after my second year interning at Donorschoose.org. I was only taught the correct way to process, scan, and organize photos once. After I was given this responsibility, I found myself spending half my day on photos alone. This really improved my computer skills in terms of working with digital photos and having to store them into the system. It was enjoyable nonetheless since I had to see all the photos and see all the progress that Donorschoose.org has had on American classrooms.
Pros
comuter experience
Cons
time consuming
I loved working here
Clerical (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2012
Being that I was an intern at DonorsChoose, I only spent a few hours during the week with them. However, it was a very rewarding experience none the less. My co- workers were very friendly and I enjoyed working with them all. I learned more about project management and other functions of Microsoft Excel.