DoorDash Employee Reviews

Fun flexible workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
This is a fun, relaxed job. I enjoy the flexibility of the job, it's perfect for a college student or for anyone who needs a side job to make extra money.
It's okay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2018
Best thing is that you can choose your own days and hours. Also, you can jump on and off shift at anytime without getting into trouble. Some deliveries they will send you far out your zone and not worth it.
Good for what it is
Food Delivery Door Dash (Current Employee) –  3807 Pasadena Way #100May 21, 2018
In my time working with this company I have found out that the flexible scheduling for hours is a massive benefit that in and of itself allows me to work the way I want to and need. I have made decent money doing this an it has gotten me through the days but would love an extra opportunity to pair with it.
Pros
Easy Work, occasional tips, and steady pay per delivery
Cons
Technical errors with the app
Great
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2018
Door dash is a great job to have the side to bring in a little more income. You work when you want to work, you don't have to clock in, and you're essentially your own boss. I recommend this occupation to people frequently.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Flexible Hours
COURIER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
It is an excellent job, you could create your own schedule to work.
You can do some deliveries whenever you'd like.In some cases and a designated times of per day, they increase the payments as 'peak pay' which means you are paid more than offered.
Fast paced but can also be slow. Very competitive.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
A typical day consists of picking up food for orders you receive and dropping it off as quickly and safely as possible. Sometimes a restaurant will not have the food ready or they will give you a hard time because they don't receive tips on these orders. The best part is getting to choose your hours and working when you're available to. Nothing I have ever done has been this helpful is the way they let you work.
Pros
Own hours. You get to use your personal vehicle.
Cons
It can be slow. It can also be uncomfortable sitting in a car for too long.
Poor treatment of Dashers
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
This company gives you impossible delivery windows, holds you accountable for late orders that aren't your fault, and jacks your ratings and refuses to fix them. They also treat their customers like garbage, keeping them in the dark if there is a problem at the restaurant, and putting all that communication on the Dasher to fix. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Their app also constantly malfunctions, and their support shrugs their shoulders and says it's "out of my control."
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor support, poor app
fun work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
the hardest part of the job is when we have a lot of orders at one time. working at this company is great. I worked at DoorDash (Less than a year)
Pros
None there are not pros related to this job unless you work to not get paidz
Cons
Poor pay, less than minimum wage
No guaranteed minimum pay as they said when hired.
No bonus as promised in email
No good management to seek help from
Management rude and unhelpful
Liars and frauds.
Advice to Management
Get a clue. Don’t lie employees, cough up $ due based on emails. Prepare to go out of businesss with your awful business model.
Own Boss
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2018
You start your day off by going to a starting point of your choice. You receive orders through the application, go to the restaurant and pick up the food. Once the food is picked up, you can route the directions to the customer and deliver it. The job is easy, but the hardest part is delivering in traffic and finding apartment/duplex numbers if there is no clear instruction. Sometimes the restaurants don't have the food ready at the time it is supposed to be picked up leading to a late delivery. It would also be great if we were paid for gas. Other than those negatives, it is a great way to earn extra income.
Pros
own boss and extra income
Cons
No gas pay, traffic, difficult deliveries sometimes
Working for DoorDash
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 12, 2018
It has it's perks, work whenever you want, learn about restaurants you never knew about, very laid back and low stress if you don't mind driving for hours.
Pros
low stress
Cons
sometimes it's hard to find some restaurants or peoples homes
Unprofessional
Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 12, 2018
I went to an orientation for door dash and I arrived 10 minutes early as indicated in the email sent to me. I waited 30 minutes for the lady to arrive. If I had to be early she could have at least been on time. The receptionist at the desk implied that the lady is sometimes late. How unprofessional! I decided to walk out. I took it as a indication of how the company is in general.
Cons
Lacking in professionalism
It's an ok job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 7, 2018
It has flexible hours good hours but the pay is just not enough you need a second job just to live I love working here but it's time for another job love door dash though
Fun and exciting
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Its awesome, work when you want and make little extra cash. I worked 3 n half hours and made 95 dollars. You do math 15 hours a week you hit almost 500. That's easy money. Also it is in denver. And it's loaded with deliveries. Of course you use your own gas, of course you use your own car, of course your on your own time. What more do you want. Ive talked to my brother, cousin, and friends to do it. Think if you get 500 a week working 15 hours. That's 2000 a month working 60 hours. Thats not even a part time job lol. But hey everyone likes what they like. And there will be people that will never be happy. For me I'm stocked. Its like a drug to get out there and see that dash money go up. And then after your done its even higher cause all the tips. You talk about pumped. Go get some
Pros
Money is poppin
Cons
Phone dies, and not enough time get more gas.
low pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 3, 2018
Door dash ad on inenternet implies that you can make a good money with flexible hours of work, but actually my experience shows that what you recieve is not even close to min wage, let's not talk about what their ad shows! My experience shows lack of coordination between the company and customer. It happens that the customer changes the address twice and they do not let you know or you get the text when you are at destination. Most of the time, order is not ready and you have to spend more time waiting for the order to be ready, but Door Dash does not pay for it. I compared it with other companies in Long Island NY and found out , Door Dash pays less than others, plus it does not pay for mileage like others. It is frustrating to see you waste time, gas, phone data as well as puting mileage on your car just to make less than min wage each hour of delivery.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, not paying for car mileage
Pay issues
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 3, 2018
Company is quick to supervise you while delivering and quick to rate your performance. But when there are issues on the field it's very slow to resolve via their chat line and if there are any payroll issues they are very slow to resolve it. I was shorted only 30 dollars and it's been a week trying to resolve it and still waiting. I am new to this and it was barely my first week working for door dash and will not continue because I dont have time to be chasing my money with these people.
Cons
They avoid you when your pay is incorrect
Just drive around delivering food
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 1, 2018
Sometimes the orders are inconsistent but in certain areas it's very busy and you will be busy for your whole shift. Unfortunately those areas are downtown Los Angeles and you will most likely get a parking ticket which will negate your days work.
Pros
Easy
Benefits
Ok
Delivery Service Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
It's ok sometimes slow but over all I enjoy it my pay was messed up 2 weeks in a row now I'm getting frustrated I think I'm going up to the main building today
Pros
Work when I want
Cons
Long days and noghtsy
Schedule of freedom
SELF EMPLOYED (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAApril 27, 2018
We choose our own hours as copay come first serve. Must work night and weekends to get paid best. I would love to now spend time with my son being very young.
Pros
Restrooms
Cons
No break
If you like driving and seeing different restaurants, great for part time, easy money.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2018
Doordash is easy and transparrent with the length of miles to travel and earnings. Unlike postmates, ubereats, they hide the destinations and many customers do not tip. With doordash, you can view how much earnings you'll get. Founders and developers of doordash thought about their contractors well, no greed, just clear partnership. I'm also glad to find out that they have partnered with a third party company, DAILYPAY where you can withdraw your $ instantly, direct deposit to your account right away: https://www.dailypay.com/signup/intro?ref=xd9b374
Pros
no boss, control your own schedule
Cons
some restaurants might take a long time for your order to be ready;but that's part of the job.
Easy cash but no long term benefit
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2018
Ive done 16 deliveries in the last 3 days, will be paid $160 and spent at least $30 on gas, and almost 200 miles on my car. The routing is horrible and if you decline, your acceptance rate goes down. Today I drove for 20 minutes to get a customer McDonald's, but there were 3 other Mcds closer. No way to talk to anyone, app freezes, no compensation for gas or mileage. I will start out in one area and be sent totally across town.
Pros
Fast cash
Cons
no benefits, wear & tear on car, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight