DoorDash Employee Reviews

Only if you need something quick
driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
I started doing doordash a couple weeks ago because I moved to a new city and needed a side gig while I was working at an internship. The signup process was pretty quick, and from what I heard it paid well.

Unfortunately it isn't as good as it seemed. It can be really stressful in a larger city where you have to find parking, and the wait times can really cut into your hours. You're paid per delivery (I usually get ~$6.50) so if you can only get two deliveries per hour (because of traffic, parking, restaurant wait, etc.), you're barely making minimum wage. That, in addition to the wear and tear on your car makes it a pretty bad deal.

If you do decide to do this, know that you'll only be making money in a narrow window, and that you should aim to do it when there are bonuses available.
Pros
flexible, easy sign up, bonuses can make a better payout
Cons
wear and tear on car, stress, wait times in restaurants, pay lower than advertised
Very flexible for busy adults
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 15, 2018
I've worked for Doordash three years and still enjoy every day! You can work in any location, you set your own hours, you can get direct deposit daily. We are Independent contractors NOT employee's. Great job for working adults. Way easier than Uber or Lyft.
Great part time
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COOctober 14, 2018
This is a great part time job you can work whenever you want however you can not make this your only source of income you can not make enough money I know they say $25 an hour but I think that is impossible

However it’s a fun and easy job
Pros
Make your own schedule and work when you want
Cons
Pay and waiting for restaurants to make the food
Flexible job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2018
super nice because you create your own hours, however during rush times there aren't always shifts available, and there are technical issues with the app every now and then
Fraud alert!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 14, 2018
First of all the company is located in the phillipines so communication is poor.

They say you get paid 100% of the tips but you do not! I just had a customer tell me they tipped me $10 in the app but I didn’t even make $10 for the delivery. I’ve been suspicious in the past because I’d make $80 - $90 deliveries to companies and very nice areas and only make $8 for the delivery. So either they never tipped at all or DoorDash didn’t give it to me. After making over 500 deliveries for the company I’ve never made more then $11 for the whole delivery which they say includes the tip. They don’t break it down either. Postmates at least breaks down what you make for delivery, gas, and tip. Way better company if you ask me. Plus after only one week of deliveries I’ve had very nice tips $10 and over. People are generous but you will never know working with doordash.

Also, using the app myself for getting food I’ve tipped WELL but now not sure the driver got it. Beware and if you use doordash please tip your driver in cash.

I’ve also had someone get into my account and steal money with no help from management. Pretty much sorry that happened to you.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Tips aren’t given to drivers like the company claims.
Quickest cash you will ever make.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2018
Took four days to pass the background check and receive my delivery bag and red card. My first day I gave it a try and it was a lot easier than I thought. When you arrive the restaurant is very helpful and usually will already have the food ready. The only difficult part can be finding a customers address when they live in apartments but you will adjust over time. I only drove around for about 2.5 hours total my first day and made $55 despite the reviews about poor pay which leads me to believe it all depends on your area and the amount of drivers available. This is perfect for those that have bills right around the corner and need quick money or for a part time job. If you really hustle and pick your areas wisely you can make enough to pay the bills.
Pros
You control your schedule and paycheck. You are your own boss.
Cons
Miles on your car and gas.
I like the working hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 12, 2018
1 .Never had accident or made any mistake ever since started working.
2. I like hourly bonus figure.
3. Doordash's program and GPS works very well.
4. Weekly pay has been very quick and accurate.
Sometimes not busy enough for 12 mwm
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 12, 2018
I live on the east side of downtown Los Angeles and I just sit at home and wait for jobs to come in. If I am available from 8PM to 2AM I usually only get about 4 to 6 deliveries. Yet if I ever turn on the postmates app it always goes off within 2 .minutes of me waiting. DoorDash App is way easier to use plus you can choose the area you want to work. They claim to have guaranteed earning but to qualify you must do an avg of 3 deliveries an hour which they dont give you. Postmates is way busier but much more tedious and they have you driving everywhere. I avg 15 to 30 an hour with doordash while actually driving but not including wait time which is zero
Pros
Own hours. High pay but not enough work.
Cons
Too much wait time
Well managed workplace with room for advancement
driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2018
I think a great job is a a place that is managed well and were the people work as a team. I think you should go to work and do your job help out where you can so that everyone reaches your goals. Friendly staff and room for advancement is a plus. The most enjoyable part of a job is when you are able to do it correctly because of the way it is run.
Pros
well managed
Cons
bad management
Don’t do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 11, 2018
There are times it’s nice to do but it is not a great place to work for. You literally wait 40 min to an hour for food at a restaurant only to be told by support that they precalculate a fair price for delivery. So you are making $6-$7 for an hour to an hour and a half of work. That’s not even minimum wage and they say it’s fair pricing!!!
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
Pay is not good

Want to know more about DoorDash?

Ask a question
Flexible JOb
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAOctober 11, 2018
Good job if looking for flexible scheduling and good pay rates.
Customer service center is quick to respond and give dashers step by step trouble shooting help.
Customers and vendors are always very polite and giving when dashers arrive for pickups.
Better off working for Favor
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
You can work 12 hours a day and BARELY make $100. The amount of gas you waste and miles you put on your car working for Doordash is not worth it at all. Tips are poor, some as low as $4 and sometimes as much as $11. Terrible side hustle. Save your time and gas.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Horrible pay
Very poor Management
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 9, 2018
I am writing this review for my Husband. He worked last week many hours to find out a Hacker got into the system and changed the bank Information in the application; and he didn't received his earnings for this past week.

Zero support from Management, pretty much Sorry this happen to you; we have sent plenty of information about the situation and no solution....We both have worked for this company and we have both referral several people, but obviously this says a lot about a company. This is money that our family need; I am not even sure if the Business Bureau can do something about this; If it was an small about I can probably let it go but this is to me a significant amount of money to not do anything about it. My husband worked for other deliveries apps and NEVER happened before. They have no customer/employee support its literally just an app that takes people’s money and tunderpay their employees.
Mega Flexable
Dasher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 9, 2018
Great flexability. Helps when I have down time from my home based business, go to school and with my kids school sched.
I dont get in trouble for starting late or ending early or for not showing up. Luckily I worked for the Post Office before, so not only is it a walk in the park for me, I also know my way around the city, back houses etc. I recommend you deliver in a familiar area.
I make an average of 6.50 every 15 to 20 mins. Which averages out to 18 to 22.00 and hr. More than what the Post Office paid me and I dont have to work 9 days or 14 hrs straight with no ac in my truck & no regard to my personal safety. Dogs? You have food in your hand.
IRA? Go to your bank and talk to a banker about opening an investment portfolio. Its the samething except if you find a new job it goes with you as opposed to having to cash out and penalized.
The one thing thats an issue is you have to deal with Merchants that are not checking their online orders, mind you, this is all new most Mom & Pop spots, not grasping the concept of virtual foot-traffic. Make sure to stay in contact with the customer cuz the merchant will try to throw you under the bus to compensate for not being on top of orders. Some Merchants may be envious and intentionally delay orders cuz you're your own boss and probably make more than them, so just keep that in mind & dont let it get to you. Newer spots though like Blaze Pizza, are on top of it so get there at the specified time no earlier.
**Be on time. Merchants will be the main reason orders are delayed.**
(Once in a while there will be technical issue
  more... on Door Dashes side but Support is quick and helpful. Make sure to write note, this system is new so I sure they have alot of kinks to work out, be sure to let support know what they can improve on.)
Keep within speed limits no need to rush, save gas, brakes, tires and lives by driving safe, stay within 1000 to1200 rpms. Know yout area, cant stress that enough.
Pros
Flexability. Good pay. Be your own boss.
Cons
You're your own boss so there's more reposibility. Merchants are not up to date with online orders.
flexible driving
Independent Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2018
it pays much more than Uber but... it isn't 24 hours like uber, so find your balance. If your in school and need a part-time gig, this is definently good for ya! do it from 5-9pm
If you like deliveries few and far between......
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioOctober 2, 2018
I began working for Door Dash this last spring.The money was good there for awhile.Now,you're lucky to get one delivery every 2 or 3 hours.I used to get deliveries back to back.Seven or eight in a few short hours.It's feast or famine with them.They tell you they are "sorry for the inconvenience". Their app sucks!! They can tell you to troubleshoot or restart your phone,etc.They need to fix the glitches in their system.I also have been receiving all the cheap orders,like maybe 5.00 or 6.00 each.Not worth my time and efforts.Especially if I am not going to make any money!!
Pros
Once in a while, you will have a good day
Cons
The money made in the hours worked.More time sitting idle and making nothing!! Slow merchants, some nasty customers!
Started off nice then ended in confusion
Dasher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2018
I thought working for DoorDash would be fun. I only got to do 6 Dashes before my account was deactivated. There were no issues with 5 of the orders, the last Dash had an issue due to either Red Lobster's system not receiving the order from the customer. I stayed there and placed the order personally and got it all worked out. Then a few days later I'm told my account has been deactivated. I am still confused about what happened. The email said that my rating was too low yet in the app it said the rating wouldn't generate until after 100 deliveries. I was never late, I always got napkins, mints, etc for the customers and never got lost. I don't understand what happened and haven't been able to get in touch with customer service (it has been 24 hours since I emailed them.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Random account deactivation, Poor customer service
You work for yourself but the pay is low
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95821October 2, 2018
It's 5 dollars per delivery plus tip, no matter how far you drive or how much time you spend. It's good for a city area where everything close together but there are slow periods, and you have to schedule drive times a few days beforehand.
Pros
no uniform, no drug test, no set hours
Cons
not consistent/reliable, low pay
I love it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaOctober 1, 2018
I have to disagree with the people saying this cant be a full time job. Ive made $100 with 10 deliveries. Its actually really good, quick money. And you work on your own time which makes it a lot less stressful than other jobs. I actually really like it a lot.
Pros
Work on your own time, good pay
Cons
Not always busy, sometimes you only get $6 orders
fun to do when you are bored or need extra cash
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 29, 2018
This is not a job, this is a side thing to do to get more cash or have something to do. You cannot rely on it to pay your bills because you do not get paid enough. Sometimes it can be stressful if there is a mistake in the order but normally its pretty relaxed and you get to see a lot of nice houses and places that you normally wouldn't.
Pros
set your own schedule, see new places, good side gig.
Cons
pay, available hours, support team when you need help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight