DoorDash Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Side Job
Dash Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
You will receive fast and easy money with perfect customers. Easy to understand and I never have issues with orders unless I try taking multiple orders at one time. Customers appreciate things like free water and candy. Tips are usually great.
Pros
Travle, own hours
Cons
Red Card may not work properly if not fixed.
Flexible Schedule but inconsistent
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 13, 2018
Working for DoorDash is a mixed bag. On one hand, making your own schedule is great and allows for much more convenient time off. However, in my experience, you can go out of a dinner dash and end up with 20$ in three hours one night and the next night it could be 60.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Inconsistent
No orders
dasher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 11, 2018
Bad company to work with unless you're a new driver. orders are given out based on ratings and the longer you drive for doordash your ratings will go down, no fault of driver
Pros
work when you want and how long you want
Cons
poor support and bad app
This is a great side hustle as a CONTRACTOR
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
I have been doing DD for a few months over 400 deliveries. I enjoy it a great deal. I do this as a side hustle only, I would do it as a main hustle because I like it that much. The issue other dashers seem to have all boils down to their own bitterness and feeling they are owed something. Look you are picking up food and delivering it as a contractor. You see what you will get paid each order before you accept it. Sure there are times you have to wait, just find something to occupy your time during the wait. I recommend this for anyone looking to make some easy cash. Get a mileage tracking app from the get go and be professional ALWAYS and don't the that driver complaining at the merchant no one wants to stand by.
Pros
Make your own hours and quick pay
Cons
other drivers are negative
easy breezy
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 7, 2018
I love this job! I only work part time at door dash but I really enjoy it. Its easy to do and it helps pay the bills. Its very rare that there is any kind of issue and if there is one it is resolved quickly. I wouldn't do this full time but its perfect for what I need it for.
Do not work for this company
Dasher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 6, 2018
This job is a scam. You sit in the parking lot and wait 25-30 minutes for orders to come in and even at peak hours (5-7 pm) NOTHING. Today I waited for a half hour and still not one order came in. Also, you are not paid enough for the distance they ask you to drive. I can’t pay for my own gas with the earnings I make (which is 0) even if you got a few orders in it’s still not enough to pay for gas. Do not fall for this joke of a company, I’m deleting the app today.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Great Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 6, 2018
Working with Door Dash was great . Excellent company and great job . Only issue I ran into was that anybody who has a rating of 4.5/5 or lower may get deactivated . Incredibly frustrating . That is a incredibly frustrating . A more realistic deactivation rating would be 3/5 or lower . Thank you! That is all!
Worst Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 6, 2018
DoorDash hires any and everyone who applies so it's completely over crowded working there. I will turn on my DoorDash app and be waiting for one delivery for an hour!! There's never any work to be done because there's so many people working for them, there's not enough orders being placed for you to get deliveries!!
Flexible and Fun
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2018
It's nice to decide when and where you work. The only downside is depending on the area you're working, you might not get a lot of jobs. I sometimes went over an hour without receiving any work. It does give you the flexibility to choose how often you work, which is both good and bad. It is nice that they show you how much you're guaranteed to make before you agree to a job. Being your own boss within a larger company does give you time to work on your time management.
Pros
flexible work weeks, ability to change up where you work
Cons
no healthcare, miles added to your car, lack of gaurunteed work
Avoid doordash it's a joke
Dasher, driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA. Providence, RIAugust 5, 2018
Avoid doordash at all cost it's a joke. Any of the five star ratings are probably fake ratings put out by the company itself. They simply don't have enough customers to give you the money you need in the end as an independent contractor you make much less than minimum wage. They flooded their areas with Dashers. Drivers and they don't have enough customers to make that Dashers time profitable I would sit for hours without getting a delivery. Even when it's a busy time and they have a boost in pay it still doesn't bring you up to minimum wage. On their Maps they would show an area as deep red which means very busy yet when I'm dashing in that area I still sit for hours without getting a delivery it's just a means to get drivers active in case they're busy
Pros
Cons
See review. Too many !!
love working as a driver on the sode for 2 to 3 days a week.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2018
so I work 2 to 3 days a week in one specific LOCATION that I choose. it's always the same one. with that said I work 8 to 10 hours a day and maybe at most, I get 5 mins where I'm not receiving a dash. I get up to 3 orders at a time and I manage my time well and know my area. yes I have to travel an hour to get to my desired location but it's totally worth it. on an average I make about low end 16.50 to 30 dollars an hour, but usually about 20-25 on a regular day. it's all about location and there is a science to this. you need to be smart about all the aspects that go into what you are doing as a dasher. I can bring home daily 117 to 270 a day. and I only work Friday sat and Sunday and make sure I work during peak hpurs. yes, I travel an hour to get to my location which I wish I would get reimbursed for by the company, or at least have a timed part at the beginning of our dash where we can use our Red card to fill our car with gas. one tank per shift of 6 hours or more would be nice. but hey, maybe I'll pitch that and see where it goes. lol I love being a dasher. I can work when I need the extra cash and since I work on the weekend, I know my money for that weekend is deposited Monday which means it's available that tuesday after I dashed....just days after I worked. and I also have a part time job working in the ER and go to school 5 days a week for 6 hours a day and a single mom, so if I can do it and make it work for me, then u can too. don't be someone who works for doordash, make door dash be Someone who works for you!! lol wow that sounded cheesy. but I love it.
Pros
good extra money
Cons
wosh we could use, the red card to fill our gas tank, for a ahift of 6 hours or more in the same location.
Quoting Corporate Policy
Dasher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2018
DoorDash Support Center is worthless. All they do is quote policy, not help or fix the issue!

So I sent them my own corporate policies:
- Who not to work for:
- Companies that do not fulfill promises - DoorDash has that nailed down - never made anywhere close to $20/hour
- Companies who do not value employee input and opinion - DoorDash for the win! Every time I contacted support I was quoted policies. That is not support.
- Companies who make ridiculous requests of their employees - Calling DoorDash support due to the “Red Card” (credit card) not working and before even offering to fix the issue asking if I can pay out of pocket…
Worst company to work for avoid at all cost
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 3, 2018
They cater to the customer even if the customer is wrong, if the customer does not show up to receive the food, the dasher is responsible and will get a negating rating.

The reps on the phone don not speak english, or is broken english so its hard to tell them about your order problem and being able to understand them.

Rating system is flawed.....If restaurants are late with the food, the dashers gets a negative rating. If the restaurant don't have the order, the dasher is at fault and gets a negative rating. If you have to wait 20-45 minutes for an order, the customer will rate the dashers poorly, even if its not the dashers fault.

Customer ratings are a joke, if you fall below a 4.5 in Chandler Arizona, you do get deactivated. The reps states you will not get deactivated if you are a bit below the 4.5 rating....That is a lie, they deactivate you with no explanation, they just tell you to refer to the deactivation policy.

Once you are deactivated, they will not work with you to fix any problem that caused you to be deactivated in the first place. If it was your fault in the first place. They will not let you appeal any deactivation regards to any customer ratings. So Don't even try! you will not get anywhere.

Wear and tear on your automobile, is far more then you make with this company. You will pay more than half of your earnings on gas because they will expect you to drive 30 miles away for only $5

They will take your tips for their fees, even though they say you get to keep 100% of the tips....Yeah Right!

They do not give a break down of all the tips
  more... and earning, what are they hiding? I wonder!

After working for this company for a year, the pay has decreased, and they will treat you like a new driver. There is no seniority with this company.

They deactivate all older drivers to accommodate the new drivers, as they are paying the new drivers less then the older drivers.
Pros
Pay is every week - Own Boss
Cons
Too many to list, I listed in the description
Do not work in the photo department
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2018
I worked for DoorDash as a food photographer in the Denver area from December 2017 to June 2018. For the first three months things were going good and we were paid a week after we would invoice them for the restaurants we had shot photos for. Then the company hired a third party "creative agency" and everything went downhill. The pay was immediately cut by a third and on top of that Door Dash and this other agency stop paying sometimes altogether or whenever they felt like it sometimes months later.

Do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
You get paid whenever they feel like it or never.
Very fun job
Driver (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 1, 2018
This job is cool if you have a busy schedule because it allows you to work at your own pace while working whenever you want to work. Very good company.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Horrible support team
good place for fast money
Door Dash Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 1, 2018
ITs nice to be able to work your own desired hours. Sometime customers and mean, and your ratings will drop for no reason. But its usually an enjoyable job with decent pay.
Horrible rochester ny dashers listen up....
Druver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2018
Awful for dashing in the Rochester, ny area too many drivers hired and no orders sometimes all day and even for days on end. I can't believe they already over hired and not enough customers in my city for the drivers to all get a single delivery in a day. Don't listen to the hype $25+ per hour YEA uh nope. Aha! Doordash pays you close to $5 per delivery maybe $6 on a large order after gas. That's with tips. And also who's going to order large orders when they are Paying $10 for a big mac. Do you think the tip which is based on a percentage of the final total is going to be alot when people order small orders just 1 or 2 thing due to cost factor and doordash charging extra to same customer. Well no you are not going to make good tip because mad customer feels its a rip off in the 1st place. Then they do make u think before u accept order restaurant is only 5 mile away 10 min. Drive okay? You hit accept button then u notice restaurant is really 9 mile away and 15 min. Drive. Like make sure to look up restaurant address on google maps app and not through doordash app before u click accept. I feel so deceived they taking people gas and using their resources at least just be honest doordash. Wow.
Pros
Cons
Many
horrible, glitchy app, poor pay
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2018
extremely low pay for how far you drive and time it takes to deliver food. Very poor app that is extremely glitchy, with terrible customer service. Not worth it!
Fun and flexible hours
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2018
It is easy to learn and the hours were flexible which was great for my schedule as a student. I enjoyed the freedom of picking my own schedule and the area I worked in.
Good for young adults
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 30, 2018
This job is also good for young adults that are going to school and partake in other similar activities. Doordash helps you learn new restaurants and places (street knowlege).
Pros
Sometimes free food and exercise
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight