DoorDash

DoorDash Employee Reviews

United States6,908 reviews

Found 6,908 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,141 reviews
dashdasherappdeliverydashersorderdashingcar

Great job for work life balance

Featured review

DoorDash selected this as a representative review
I love working for DoorDash, I can schedule whenever I need or want to work,Pros: great work/life balance, learn something new ever dayCons: Not a w2 employer with benefits and the such.

Easy

Quick easy money can go in on your own time and make some money also you can cancel orders if food is taking too long or if customers seem rude ez ez ez

Pros

Work on ur own time

Cons

Not paid by the hour

DoorDash insights

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

It's basic Delivery

I set my own hours, which I liked. But it wasn't really for me. With gas prices going up, the compensation wasn't worth it. In addition to that, there weren't many opportunities for extra pay.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Pay

Get in while you can

App is glitchy and can crash. Company as a whole is operating in the red and only a matter of time before they go belly up. Hours are good because you can set your own schedule, some pick up spots don't like drivers coming in but you can blacklist them for the future.

Flexible Schedule

I like the job and the flexible hours. I think pay incentives could be given more often. I started when gas prices were around $2 per gallon. The increase in gas prices has almost completely taken away my earnings.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Pay hasn't kept up with rising gas prices

Strictly number driven

Not bad pay at first then a year or so in it got horrible. Long waits and the customers is always right no matter what. No help really and a bit stressful.

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Wear and tear on car

flexible hours

i like doordash because it’s a good side hustle. you can work the hours you want however little or many you choose. i wish there were more bonuses and incentives but it is what it is.

Driver

I love the flexibility of working at Doordash as a driver and learning about restaurants in my neighborhood I wouldn't know otherwise I'd really exciting.

Pros

Listen to music, work your own hours

Cons

You have to set aside your tax money

Decent if you want 100% control of when and where you work

So DoorDash is not a career. It's a job you work while looking for a career. You can certainly make ends meet doing it, but I would not advise anyone to consider driving as a main source of income for longer than a few years.

Being self employed

I Honestly wish Doordash would have a 401k program and offer medical, dental and vision and maybe pay at least 12.00 for each delivery. Since the gas has gone up in price, it would be a positive move on their part.

Amazing flexibility within your work schedule

Amazing work schedule meaning the flexibility of it all literally depends on your availability! The more Order’s you accept, clearly, the more $$ you make!! It’s all up to you how much you’d like to work and how much you’d strive to make the most $$ available within that day, again, defines how many orders you accept! Followed by the freedom that lies within this job is unparalleled compared to anyyy other job out there!! Also, if your determination is there, then you strive even more to hit all the requirements in order to become “Top Dasher” each month, which in then you receive the benefits of not even having to make/ pick an available time frame to work… your able to work whenever you’d like the entire month without having to make/pick time frames that are only available after everyone else makes there’s!! Also, you’ll get 1st dibs on any order especially when there may be 2+ more dashers in that exact area…. Your 1st to receive that order!! I was top dasher 11 months in a row n it surely was the best advantage in this job type!!

An Honest Review

Working for DoorDash is similar in nature to playing the lottery or gambling. You gamble your gas money, your cars lifespan and your job on the whims and fancies of completely random people. Some days you get lucky and make a living wage, others, you make barely enough to work the next time you go out to Dash. The payment scale from the actually company is minimal if not non existent, and entirely relies on the kindness of customers tipping. Good days, you'll make between 8-10 an hour, on bad days, you'll not even break even with the expenditure of gas or maintenance on your vehicle. Overall, worst job experience I've ever been through. You get paid quickly if you apply for their separate program, but even then, you'd have to drive for days, and maybe just maybe, make any profit. Not to mention when tax season comes around, and since you're officially a "owner" of your little one person show, don't forget to save what little you can from your profits because you have to pay each taxed dollar you make. All in all; DoorDash is not worth the time, energy or money spent in an attempt to make money. Better off working minimum wage at the nearest fast food joint.

Good as side hustle

I think it’s good for a side hustle but terrible full time. It ruins your car slowly over time, you can make decent money in a big city, but nothing is consistent.

Flexible hours, pay is not always good (Delivery Driver)

I have delivered food for doordash for 2 years now and have enjoyed it for the most part. You can work whenever you want, which is great for a student like me, but at times it is not worth it especially with gas being so expensive. A great side-hustle for sure.

Cool gig to make a little extra money

Ok side money once you find a good area and if you get good gas mileage.Find area with casual dining restaurants . I stay under 5 miles and over $10 an order me do a few orders a day.

Pros

Work anytime

Cons

Not consistent

You get out what you put in.

The effort you put into the job will always be equal to the amount of money you take home every week. As long as you keep your nose to the grindstone, you can easily make $20 an hour.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

People don't know how to tip

Great Job for part time work

A really great company to work for if you have a car and just need a part time income. The jobs are always there, and the process is fairly simple. Signed up and starte3d dashing the same week.

allows for a flexible schedule and work freedom

One of my favorite parts about this job is being able to work when I have the time. or want to. I also appreciate that because the pay is given as an order to order basis, it makes it more worthwhile to complete orders efficiently. My one concern is the safety of the job. Because you’re not reporting to anyone else, nobody is there to assure that you return safely.

Good side job

It’s a good side hustle. I am a college student whenever I get free time I usually do Door dash to earn some extra money but now too many people are doing it so it’s not worth it during these gas prices

It's a delivery job..

DoorDash is a great option for a side hustle, college student or someone just looking to make a few extra bucks weekly. They pay weekly (or daily using instant cash out), they offer promotions where you can make up to $5 extra per order during busy hours or holidays, and you make your own schedule meaning you can work as much or as little as you please. The part about DoorDash I do not like is the fact that you can get a contract violation for things beyond your control such as arriving late to a pick-up location due to traffic. Too many violations can lead to deactivation meaning you won't be able to receive orders. Support is helpful when you have an issue. I wouldn't suggest doing this full time as it can get expensive keeping up with gas, car maintenance, and especially making sure you're putting aside some of your earnings to go towards taxes. Overall, it makes for a great side hustle allowing you flexibility and work-life balance.

Pros

Flexibile schedule, pay, support is helpful

Cons

No gas stipend, strict compared to other gig apps

Gig job

Not a bad gig when it’s busy but when slow definitely going to have to get more work I like working for them it’s extremely flexible left my full time job to go to school plus I’m a mom so it helps out a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.
Powered byComparably