DoorDash Employee Reviews

I enjoy it a lot
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2019
You basically get in your vehicle and go. It is a fun gig. Get to do it whenever I wish. Will continue to do it since I am having a blast doing it and meeting new people.
Pros
Get to work when I want to work.
Cons
Not a lot of people order in my area.
Dashing Discoveries
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2019
On average it is okay if you need quick cash in your local area, or if you want to discover an area. I will say this, plan ahead because of traffic (if you Dash in the afternoons), always take a flashlight with you if you are dashing at night, and don't let your customers intimidate you.

Also, big tip for people who loves accuracy: If ANYONE orders and lives in an apartment make sure you VERIFY the building number, apartment number, and if they have a code to tell you the code. Sometimes you can tell about building numbers by looking at the first digit but still.. customers can be hella lazy.
Pros
Dash when you want to, peek hours during certain times
Cons
You have to text/chat CS, apartment orders, occasional app freezes, slow merchant
You're self - employed so all the headaches that go with it. It is extremely hard on your vehicle, and you need one that gets good mileage.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 20, 2019
Lots of miles on your vehicle, lots of gas/oil changes. I learned my way around area. Management is totally absent. You only have help lines, local and San Francisco. Fast Pay is what I use, direct deposit takes 3-4 days, Fast Pay takes minutes, but you pay 1.99 each time. They have peak times, when you are paid more per delivery, but there's no hourly wage.
Pros
Make your own schedule, quick cash
Cons
Wear & tear on vehicle, gets lonely, driving in snow, bad weather.
Great side job
FOOD DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  PAApril 19, 2019
Great side job to get some extra cash. would love to see a gas compensation especially when you drive a certain number of miles. Customer service for Drivers needs improvement
I love this job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2019
I’ve loved this job everyday since the day I started. I just wished it paid more or had a to program that would reward you once you reach a certain amount of deliveries achieved like Uber does?
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
N/a
Hit or Miss
dasher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2019
Eh. What can I say? My experience was not good. I earned $36 in 6 hours one day and $100 in 4 hours a different day. The rules of peak pay are ridiculous and the service area is too big to warrant driving from one side of town to the other repeatedly for $6!!!! It is unfortunate, but our cities roads are far too awful to keep this up.
There is NO recall list so one time I accidentally marked an order as delivered with absolutely no way of pulling up the address or calling anyone.. Took me a half an hour of knocking on doors to find the customer. Oh and here's the kicker. You have no way of contacting anyone... I sent an email about the order and they didn't respond for 3 days.
I can see doing this is a better area of town, but the peak pay rules, as well as the app itself, needs some work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
distance, pay, app
They stole some money from me
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2019
They took 9.12$ from me and wouldn't give me an explanation why or try to resolve the problem. My actual pay was different from my balance but I did not take a cash payment on delivery. It is very unethical that they did not attempt to resolve it and that they appear to be so cheap that they wouldn't give me my money back. I am going to contact a lawyer and see if it is worth taking legal action.
Cons
They will take your money
Unproductive and is only fun if your area is largely populated
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 18, 2019
Lost for words. Do not know where to even begin. Poor management company, customer service treatment is very unfortunate and unprofessional, do not show much care for employees.
Pros
Pay if you make receive consistent orders
Cons
Lack of communication
Extremely flexible and fun job!
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2019
Working for DoorDash is extremely relaxed and fun for the most part, simply driving around and delivering food orders to customers, most customers are very kind thankful.
I've learned more communication skills, with both customers and employees of various restaurants. Have also learned about different restaurants and different foods thanks to customers orders.
The hardest part of work can be dealing with waits on customers foods, and finding parking in different parts of the city.
The best part of working for DoorDash is the flexibility, being able to start and end work whenever you want and being able to work in any area of your choice.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
no benefits or discounts to my knowledge at least
Dashing Away From Door Dash
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2019
Working for Door Dash is extremely complicated due to errors within the app, the inability to contact knowledgeable support agents and the availability of work hours. The app has many issues. It will cause you to drive unnecessarily, wasting gas and time, so you'll ultimately waste money. Whenever there is an error made on Door Dash's part, their only way of rectifying the situation is to pay you half of your guaranteed delivery amount. Which is usually a few bucks. I wouldn't recommend contracting through this company whatsoever.
Cons
No consistency, lack of hours, lack of communication, lack of support, poor app functionality
before working for doordash
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 17, 2019
its a ok job the sad part is you have you keep driving around to get more money and not a lot of people are ordering with door dash. and the gsp can get you turned around so you have to call the person who ordered to get the right directions
Pros
get to find new places to eat
Cons
doesn't pay for gas
This on demand app job is a joke like all too many others.
Driver/ brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2019
Endless amounts of miles for near-nothing pay. I used to deliver pizza when I was younger and figured “what too lose? it could be decent side money” haha what a laughable concept now. Doordash makes a mockery of delivery driving. Typically if you delivery a pizza with doordash it’s because it was too far for the actual employees, while you make about half (I’d that).
The app is set up with pre-paid tips (which most customers do not even use) which defeats the purpose of a tip for a delivery... if you pre-tip, does the time it takes to get your food effect it? Does the quality of service effect it? No. Which also demotivates anyone to go above and beyond because you probably will not be rewarded as such ( if doordash even wants to give your tip to you)

They advertise they cover minimum wage if it’s not met within the hour but on several occasions I have averaged about $3-4 per hour and there is absolutely no compensation from the company as promised.

Good luck bringing any issues up to doordash. For an “on demand” company, it is pretty funny that you cannot get a soul on the phone at any given time.

I worked doordash for SIDE MONEY to catch up after my ACTUAL job but at this point doordash is incredibly more stressful than my actual full time job while it only makes me chump change and destroys my car.

Don’t waste your time, all these app jobs will either fade away due to incompetence or be pushed out of the way by a more competent company, very soon.
And I say good riddance to doordash.

Side notes:
There is no mandatory tip added in for catering
  more... size orders.
They will keep nearly half your tips *have your friend order and tip and see how much you actually get*
Delivery range can be anywhere from a mile to over 30 miles for $5 in your pocket in a major metropolitan area.
Impractical scheduling system
Typically pay double if you want something ordered BEFORE TIP

App crashes nearly every other minute and will not alert you of a delivery unless the screen is left on and open in the app.
Pros
Little to none.
Cons
Too many to name Even half
Fun Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2019
Love the different people I meet delivering through door dash.
Orders come through quick, great pay plus they always have peak pay on top of your delivery amount for your order so there are great!
Dashing for Door Dash IS A JOKE!
Dasher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
Today I dashed for my 1st time ever! In 2hrs I made $6.77. That's a total of $3.38hr. The order was 19min from my location then another 8min to the customer. On the way to the restaurant I was stopped by a train. Then once I got to the restaurant, an order that should've been ready was missing an item. I was logged on to the door dash app that entire time. However, after delivering that order, a little while later I ended up getting a text from Door Dash stating that I was scheduled & it would automatically end if I didn't sign in. Not knowing that I couldn't.. I replied to that text saying that I am signed in & wanted to send the screenshot proving it. But then I got a response saying they didn't get my message & to go to the app to via chat. There was no chat option in the app. Then shortly after that I got another message saying that they ended my dash early, because I wasn't signed in. But I infact was & could prove it to them! It's an absolute lie that you make $25hr or at the very minimum $10hr. & I personally think those who claim you do are just trying to get their refer a driver bonus. My 1st day, & my last day!! This company is a joke!!!
Pros
Make my own hours
Cons
Faster wear & tear on vehicle, app sucks, poor communication, lies
Divertido
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
Excelente, puedes hacer el trabajo y nadie te molesta
Good for anyone that is bored
Drivee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 15, 2019
The pay is really not worth it, doing DoorDash is ideal for someone who lives right in the middle of city area and has nothing better to do. But if your intention is to make actual money, i dont recommend it.
Pros
Easy, not many qualifications needed to work
Cons
Very little pay, boring
Very productive
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 15, 2019
I can honestly say DoorDash is something that fits any and everyone. They typical day/night with this company is fun due to the simple fact your going to different areas of the city.
Worth it if you need quick cash
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 15, 2019
I wouldn't work here if its your primary source of income. I used this job to have fun on the side which is exactly how you should look at it. You could have slow days or weeks so it is reliable to have a steady paycheck.
Pretty Awesome with some flaws
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2019
Typical day: Whenever I get the urge to earn, I fill up my tank, make sure I have the insulated red bag & red card, then log into an active area, drive to said area (If I'm not already there) & start accepting orders, drive to pick up the order and deliver safely and quickly, Then whenever I want to log out I do so. I either cash-out or I wait til Monday's deposit.

What I learned: Freedom to make money when you want by just helping someone out in a small way Goes a long way!

Management: Self managed, So the best Management there is!

Workplace Culture: My vehicle; which is the bomb!

Hardest Part of Job: Having to pay for parking if you work a downtown area. So, I just avoid that.

Most Enjoyable part: Freedom to work when I want, for how long, and to cash-out when I want. Loves.
Pros
Freedom to work when I want, How long I want, and to Cash-out when I want & how much I want, potential earnings are good, Flexibility to deliver how I want like Bike, car, etc..
Cons
Paying for parking in downtown areas, Sometimes the slots are full and you have to drive to a further area to deliver, Adding Tons of Miles to your vehicle causing wear & tear
Only if you are desperate for money.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2019
It’s okay. Sometimes you can make okay money, but it’s not worth the miles on a vehicle.
TERRIBLE management and support, quite often very low pay.

TONS of time and money consuming problems with the app, the restaurants, the company, AND with customers.

EVERYTHING is on the Dasher. Think about it,
-Time
-Lost time due to assorted issues
-Fuel cost
-Vehicle wear
-Vehicle maintenance
-Insurance/risk
Pros
Flexible, fast money
Cons
Almost anything you can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.

Powered by Comparably