DoorDash
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

DoorDash Employee Reviews for Dasher

Dasher1,420 reviews

Found 1,420 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,478 reviews

Great job for work life balance

Featured review

DoorDash selected this as a representative review
I love working for DoorDash, I can schedule whenever I need or want to work,Pros: great work/life balance, learn something new ever dayCons: Not a w2 employer with benefits and the such.

Awful Cheap Company

Pay is $2.50 per delivery so unless you receive good tips you will not be making any money worth it.If you have to call support expect the most mediocre help ever.The app you use will glitch so often it becomes stressful.You pay all your own expenses for them go treat you with the bear minimum of respect & appreciation.Doordash only survives through its drivers so do yourself a favor & let them crash & burn without any.

DoorDash insights

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Flexible and fun

I love being able to choose when I work and when I stop each day. And driving around listening to music while delivering orders doesn't even feel like work.

Great job, low base pay

Raise the base pay tony wth. Relationship between merchants and dashers is important, but there is no incentive for either party involved to work together nicely. Merchants get upset when we show up early and ask how long we need to wait, so give us orders that are already completed, not ones that are just being sent out..

Doordash isn't half bad

Doordash would be great if the app wasn't always messing up. I like that I can work when I want, especially if you already have a job. If you're up for it you can make a decent living without a second job.

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

The app issues. When it messes up or goes down....you lose money and time

Good part time job

I’ve been dashing (part time)since August 2019 with over 5000 deliveries. This is a good part time job for extra money. Work when you want, get paid same day, no supervisor or angry customers to deal with. The dasher app and dasher support are horrible. The app is always acting up and dasher support keeps you on the phone way too long. Both cost me money . You can average $15-20/hr on a consistent basis though, you do have to pay attention and figure out to be efficient when you first start. The pay should be keeping up with inflation but it hasn’t… so higher prices has been eating into the profit margin but you can still make good part time money.

Never know where I'll be going that day.

This job is fine., works well for the time being. It's nice to be able to choose when I want to work. Sucks to not have an up front idea of what you'll make for a delivery.

Pros

Work when I want to.

Cons

Maps though the app aren't entirely reliable.

Great schedule not great pay.

As many others have said doordash is awesome for flexibility and gives you a taste of working for yourself. Still it's better as a side hustle. The pay is not great when you do the math per hour minus gas. Plus on top of that you're not text so you have to take out 30% of everything you make for taxes.

Easy but frustrating at times

Easy job, but not being shown full payout can be really frustrating. You have to be really selective on what orders you deliver or you could end up working for half of what minimum wage is with what gas prices are now.

Fun workplace to interact with other's

Cool an okay doordash need to step up they pay rate. Customer's need to tip more because we are making a living out of this. Also if you order 10mils away and you know that don't try to tip $2 because gas prices are high they need to TIP MORE ❗❗

Pros

Easy money, good site seeing, fast pay with the dasher card money go right on there as soon you finishing dashing.

Cons

Not enough Tips from the customers. Also doordash need to pay more.

good supplemental income

better have a good car. pay is fair. you never see a manager and its a good job if you like working alone. it takes a second to get the swing of things.

Pros

work whenever

Cons

no car no job

Great

I like it fun experience got to learn to level out sometimes you get sent way to far way out of your way they should fix that. Other then that no issues at all

Flexible and Enjoyable

I’ve done doordash for two years and it’s honestly a great interface and easy to pickup, and being self employed is very convenient, There is a lack of hours and lack of pay just simply because it must be busy, as well as you rack up a lot and i mean a lot of miles on your vehicle

Dasher

You can't get your money on the same day except if you pay money so they making money of you and they making of you transferring your money that's cheap management and after all that if you hit any button they will get promotion to hold your money for weekIt's company takes ur money and use it to make more money of you

No explanation when deactivated, even when trying to fight it.

I really enjoyed the freedom of being able to work whatever hours were convenient to me but found that there were too many Dashers working at any given time. Ended up being deactivated for something about the platform, tried to appeal the decision and didn't go anywhere. Never really even got a straightforward answer for why i was deactivated.

They don't pay great

This isn't really something that's super reliable, but you can make some decent cash on the side. All in all if you just need some spending money you can make it quick so that's nice.

This place sucks

You aren't fairly paid for time or mileage they constantly lie to you about what your making and I've had a couple instances where they are 100% taking my tips or lowering my base pay because of a tip. DON'T WORK HERE DO UBER EATS OR GRUB HUB

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Everything else

Good, quick money with a few inconveniences here and there

I have been dashing for a year and my experience has been mostly positive. I have never had issues with customers, and Doordash support is usually reliable. Doordashing may be a little tricky first starting out, but once you get to know the area and restaurants you can get a good rhythm going. If you Dash for a while, you can get approved for the DasherDirect card which allows you to get daily pay, which can be a godsend and makes the job all the more worth it. As for the annoying parts, the app can be very finicky and really mess up your progress/money making. Sometimes orders don't come up, the app will glitch or freeze and make you miss orders. If they improve the app I would be pleased. Unfortunately Doordash is no longer as viable as it once was due to the rise in gas prices, but I definitely recommend it at least on the side. I am hopeful for a drop in gas prices, and/or a rise in Doordash pay so Dashing can be a more sustainable job for people.

Pretty free!

I feel as if DoorDash is just a handy platform to be able to be whatever you want or make however much you want, it’s honestly a cheat code if you have an excellent work ethic.

Great pay if you pay attention

I do this as a side gig if I need extra cash. A lot of the offers are below $8 dollars a trip, but just deny those and you'll be fine. It is fairly easy to make $100 in around 5 hours of work.

Great for making own hours

Employment verification was very confusing to get. And apart of the reason i couldn't continue working how i wanted to. making your own hours a plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight