DoorDash

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good depending on your area

Job can be feasible at least for part time, but highly depends on saturation of DoorDashers within your area. Also, base pay is not enough, need good tips to get by.

Pros

flexibility, decent pay if tips included

Cons

depends highly on your area, low base pay

Flexible hours

Good for supplement income, flexible hours and schedule offer bonuses peak pay too dasher benefitsEasy for students or anyone who wants to make extra on the side

Pros

Time management

Cons

No mileage reimbursement

Pretty good pay

Never had to deal with really bad customers. Everyone was always pretty okay. Time passes by fast. Pretty good pay on the weekends. Apartment suck to find thou!

You get what you put in

I make around 20/hr on the app, but gas for the week brings it to 15/hr.Add the fact that you're killing your car driving everywhere and the job isn't really worth doing unless you supplement it with something else.

Delivery driver simple

Okay pay, eats up your car. Great side gig job. But your alone all the time. Works best with a partner or roommate. Set aside tax money so you don't get screw at tax time.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Work on your own when you want

Honestly if you’re looking for a job to work to your schedule this is perfect. Can be a main or side job. Was perfect for me during the pandemic and when I j got out of school needing a job. You can work at any age just be aware of your surroundings as you can deliver to literally anyone at any place. If you get a bad feeling in your gut just decline the delivery. Some people don’t tip which can be stressful when u sometimes drive so many miles for just a couple dollars. Some days money is a hit or miss. Overall if you like to drive do it, can meet cool people good experience !

Pros

Work at your own desire, fun, easy

Cons

Puts miles and wear into your car, occasional low pay

Quick cash

The first few days I was surprised how much I was tipped and the amount I earned, as u get the hang of it you relize the types of areas that are most generous ,some don’t relize or value the drivers time . I guess I can deal with no tip if a good rating is summited it’s like it’s the less you can do to show consideration and appreciation. What I get most bothered by is when u go threw a area that is undercared for in other words neighborhoods which garbage in the streets and roads are bumpy not realizing glass ,screws ect. Delivering a 6 dollar order ended up with a thick screw threw my tire which were in like new shape , sadly costed me 200$ for that delivery along with the stress and gas n time it took for me to put the spare on all by myself. What door dash doesn’t consider is what your car goes threw how much of a strain the car faces weather it’s a flat tire , or suspension or oil change ect. So basically in all reality ur not really getting paid for ur services . It’s more like paying for gas mileage . I want to say so much more but my eyes are sleepy but will write more later

Pros

Quick pay

Cons

Strain on car

Work at your own pace

Great for people who have busy schedules your basically your own boss. If you have any issues customer service is always there. No set hours or number of deliveries.

Company doesn't care you can tell in how their app is setup

You will get ding after ding after ding for new orders with no chance to breathe. They usually have too many orders than drivers can actively deliver and offer you $2-4 per order with no thought on how much work it was to get and deliver that order and usually the clientele who orders with DoorDash gives no tip.

On your own time

I've been doing doordash for a while now and I honestly like it, it pays really good and it's literally whenever you decide to work so it's pretty flexible

Pros

On your own schedule

Cons

I guess gas but you make it back up plus some sooo

you work by yourself you do whatever you want

A typical day at work really just depends on you if you like driving all day then this has to be the job for you the pay is pretty good iff you work long tirless hours in your car sounds fun get boring very fast.

Pros

stop anytime no manager

Cons

nothing

Flexability

This job is very flexible. I work part time, whenever I want to. Its usually very busy at dinner and lunchtime. I would recommend driving for doordash.

Pros

Flexability

Cons

Wear and tear on car

No Compassion

No compassion for people who are working hard to rebuild their lives and move forward. But will hire some people that are in active and noticeably in addiction. I’ve heard many stories of people that are in active addiction in active criminal lifestyles working for doordash, lyft, Uber. I’m just surprised how they allow them to work and will not consider someone who is working to better their lives.

Cons

Inconsiderate

Great

I got to work my own hours so that was nice but the gas got a little much on my car. I feel like it is time to get a real job and not just do DoorDash. This would be a great opportunity.

Great for quick cash, but don't try and live off it.

Doordash is a very hit or miss kind of thing and whether it's worth your time depends strongly on your location. Speaking strictly from my own experience I would say that on a good day it's a very easy way to make some fast money for something you might not otherwise be able to afford. There are some ins and outs to learn but all and all its really not hard to pick up. I really only have two pieces of advice for anyone thinking of trying it out: 1, don't be afraid to decline jobs that aren't worth your time, there will be many occasions where you'll get a delivery asking you to drive 7-13 miles for $5 or so, don't accept them, the app will make it sound like you're doing something wrong and will lower your acceptance rate but there's no actual consequence for turning down an order and you are perfectly within your right to not want to do an order that won't even pay for it's own gas expenditure, decline it and wait for something better. In time you'll get a feel for the right balance between distance and pay. 2, keep your expectations realistic, this is a descent gig for quick cash, don't try and live off it. If you're despite and really don't have another way you can probably keep yourself fed for a little while, but it's a temporary solution at best, look for a real job, even if it seems like you're making more out of doordash than the other pay rates you see here the lack of consistency makes it not worth it, find real employment and keep doordash as a backup.

Pros

Work when you want. Get paid instantly (when you unlock that feature).

Cons

Extremely inconsistent. No way to advance. App can be buggy.

Self employed

This job works well with my schedule. I'm my boss. I get to work whenever I want. Consist of picking up customer orders and delivering to their homes. I would recommend this job to everyone looking to make money fast.

Good life and work balance

I like the job because i choose when to work so its a good balance between life and work for me and i like driving so that is another plus for me that pretty much sums it up.

You are independent so support levels are low, but there is support when truly needed.

It’s not rocket science and fills that gap in income I needed to fill. Some days are tough but mostly predictable. With Covid-19 I feel dashers are providing a much needed service to those who should not venture out during this time. It challenged me to do my best, be food safety and driver safety conscious, and it feels good to notice the appreciation that customers and restaurants convey. Witgood ratings, you can

Its worth it but very stressful alone.

I recommend working with a younger person preferably your child when they get out of school. It is more helpful to have someone in the passenger seat holding food, helping navigate, and find houses in the dark

Its okay for a part time

hard to get schedules to work especially in less than busy cities. be prepared for a lot of refreshing and waiting. Sometimes the pay doesnt add up right either

Set your own hours

It's flexible job that allows you to choose your hours & days. It's great as a part time job. Really wouldn't recommend this job as a full-time as the wages aren't guaranteed.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6
2.6
2.7

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.
Powered byComparably