DoorDash

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

On your own schedule rules

Sweet because you choose where you go and who you deliver to and pick up from. It is fun when you can easily find the addresses. I suggest not working at night if you have a hard time seeing. Many people do not turn on the porch light nor do many have home numbers that are visible to see. Sometimes there is no number at all. Do get familiar with your communities roads and such and you'll do well. Be sure to keep the orders warm and drinks cold. Do not eat the food, how gross would that be.

Pros

The choice is yours, it's easier than standing at a cash register for 8 hours and making half the money.

Cons

Not real good pay but I wont complain.

All ways busy and great. You can work your own hours And you get to meet lots of people . Also can get to know your city or state that you are working in. But also get to find out about all the local restaurants in your neighborhood

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Sometimes not enough pay per order

Unprofessional Management- Inconsistency

-Your role they hire you might not be the role they keep you in- no sufficient training- your role can change day in and out- they can make you work other departments when they are short staffed in other teams with little training - high volume calls, chats, and unobtainable goals - Management is burnt out and does not provide appropriate support - Hardest part is that they never really give straight forward answers and you are often left in limbo- PTO is often denied due to teams being understaffed - Horrible hours and they have schedule drafts so you are not guaranteed to work the hours you request

Pros

Free lunches, free insurance, off- site activities

Cons

understaffed, poor management

I love Dashing

1 of the fastest ways to put some cash in your pocket or on bills lol Getting paid daily is always a plus having the work when you choose option or scheduling a guaranteed time slot is also great also

Pros

Open road, friendly customers, work when you choose

Cons

Ppl don't always have their porch light on so you have to hunt to see the address carry a flashlight

Driving

It's a company that will ruin your vehicle and does not appreciate your work. It is not recommended because they get rich while you struggle to make a decent payday.

Pros

Cons

Many

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Flexible job

Overall, driving for DoorDash hasn’t been a bad gig. I like that I can pick and choose my own schedule. Love that I get to “manage” myself and I don’t have to answer to any managers or supervisors.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Base rates per delivery should be higher

Fun workplace

It was a great company to work with! Many opportunities to grow within the company and they try their best to train you. Just show up with a good attitude willing to work.

Pros

Good team

They listen to their employees

Great company. They take time to listen to us. Provide excellent benefits. The people are very genuine and open minded. The company also provides two meals to employees if working on-site.

It's Okay

Just okay. Managment is at most times highly incompetent and has no idea what they are doing. Honesty and transparency are lacking. Room for growth is limited unless you like corporate games.

Work hours

Work whenever you want. Work anywhere in the US. Make all the money you want. But will have to pay for Gass every day. Be also prepared to compete against 10 to 20 drivers in the area. Also in the beginning you are forced to deliver miles away from the restaurant.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Pay

Flexibility

Doordash is a great company to work for if you’re a student or in need of a flexible schedule. You can do it whenever you’d like which is the best part.

Fun pkace

Loved the pay and the benefits were amazing. I hate that I had to part ways because it was overall a great company and the schedules were lovely. I would recommend

Pros

Free lunch, great pay, free benefits

Cons

Horrible management

Great scheduling

It’s perfect for people with a busy schedule, great for students and parents. I would definitely recommend working for this company even just as a side job it’s a quick way to get cash.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Fast paced

Low pay

Miles should be compensated I feel like I spend so much time delivering a specific order to be compensated they need a better customer service portal

Everyone is positive, but

The environment is weird and full of miscommunications and disorganization. You're sometimes put into random roles, but aren't given enough information about how to properly complete those roles. Projects are sprung on you then dropped. Never had a clue what was going on.

Pros

good pay

Cons

unorganized

Use your Own Judgement

Before you venture off into the field, make sure you do your research. Remember that there will always be people talking bad about a company, but go with what you feel is best for you.

Pick up and drop off. Making sure orders are correct and delivered on time. Always keep customers informed on what’s going on during delivery process

Company can be a little iffy with app issues and solving problems. Sometimes pay is unfair compared to distance and order. Contact is often not available when errors are made on DoorDash behalf and ratings are effected.

flexible

You can work any time , full time or part time. the most joyable part of my job you can travel anywhere and start making money, especially if your out of town.

Its always busy and too many drivers

There are too many drivers in the city for the very limited amount of orders placed. Locations don't keep in touch with doordash clients to deliver food on time. Very few of them actually have food ready on time.

Pros

Remote and alone

Cons

There are no benefits offered.

Don't work for them.

Everything was going good until I was wrongfully terminated for something I didn't do. Thing is when something like this happens you can't talk to someone like representatives for the company. As a matter of fact even when your on the job it's hard to get answers to any questions you might have.

It's ok for students

You have to work like a dog for crumbs and most your money is gone on gas and your put your car under hundreds of dollars of stress it works if you work it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K
1.4K
1.2K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.
Powered byComparably

Compare DoorDash with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US

Explore similar careers
  • DoorDash
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?