DoorDash Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Extremely flexible and fun job!
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2019
Working for DoorDash is extremely relaxed and fun for the most part, simply driving around and delivering food orders to customers, most customers are very kind thankful.
I've learned more communication skills, with both customers and employees of various restaurants. Have also learned about different restaurants and different foods thanks to customers orders.
The hardest part of work can be dealing with waits on customers foods, and finding parking in different parts of the city.
The best part of working for DoorDash is the flexibility, being able to start and end work whenever you want and being able to work in any area of your choice.
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
no benefits or discounts to my knowledge at least
before working for doordash
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 17, 2019
its a ok job the sad part is you have you keep driving around to get more money and not a lot of people are ordering with door dash. and the gsp can get you turned around so you have to call the person who ordered to get the right directions
Pros
get to find new places to eat
Cons
doesn't pay for gas
Fun Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2019
Love the different people I meet delivering through door dash.
Orders come through quick, great pay plus they always have peak pay on top of your delivery amount for your order so there are great!
Divertido
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
Excelente, puedes hacer el trabajo y nadie te molesta
Very productive
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 15, 2019
I can honestly say DoorDash is something that fits any and everyone. They typical day/night with this company is fun due to the simple fact your going to different areas of the city.
Only if you are desperate for money.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2019
It’s okay. Sometimes you can make okay money, but it’s not worth the miles on a vehicle.
TERRIBLE management and support, quite often very low pay.

TONS of time and money consuming problems with the app, the restaurants, the company, AND with customers.

EVERYTHING is on the Dasher. Think about it,
-Time
-Lost time due to assorted issues
-Fuel cost
-Vehicle wear
-Vehicle maintenance
-Insurance/risk
Pros
Flexible, fast money
Cons
Almost anything you can think of
productive fun work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2019
A typical work day is rated between a 9/10meaning its fast and easy. I learned to move at a steady/fast pace. the hardest part of the job would be driving ALL OVER THE MAP, instead of one area. The most enjoyable part of the job is COMPLETING my schedule.
Pros
Tips
Cons
so miles on your car
For The Potential It Has, This Is NOT A Company To Work For
Contract Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2019
For the potential this company has, disorganization, childishness and vindictive people at the helm destroy this company's future.

Started thinking this would be such a wonderful opportunity. Wow, was I disappointed!

I liked the stated ability to drive when I wanted to, though I hated feeling like I was being penalized if I couldn't always drive during peak times. I have a FT job outside of Doordash and can't always sign up for peak times.

Liked that I could choose the areas that I wanted to be in, though I did not like the way the route was manipulated to deliver to, and cover areas, that I did not sign up for. When I drive, I want to drive in the area that I've chosen to drive in; not be routed to the areas that I specifically chose not to be in. If I decline an order because I recognize that the company is trying to send me into areas that I chose not to be in, you don't get to be vindictive in the assigning (or not assigning) of future orders. It's called CHOICE for a reason, a thing Doordash claims it promotes, and if you are not willing to pay a premium for gas to go into other areas (and $1 is NOT a premium), you don't get to complain and be witchy about the fact that drivers don't (and won't) choose those areas.

Then, when you do assign a delivery, actually calling the order in to the restaurant would be helpful! It's a waste of the driver's gas, time and money if we get there and the order hasn't even been called in, or there is confusion about whether or not another driver was supposed to be there for that order.

Moreover, the potential to deliver multiple
  more... orders in one run is huge, which only works successfully if orders are called in, APPROPRIATE TIME is allotted for the delivery of orders and the best possible routes to complete the deliveries are generated. While tech can do some of these things, the human ability to get it right is essential.

Finally, and I just have to say this, for myself and for any other drivers who have experienced this: USING YOUR PLATFORM TO MESS WITH THE TIME AND FINANCIAL LIVES OF DRIVERS YOU CHOSE TO PARTNER WITH IS CHILDISH AND UNPROFESSIONAL. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN BUSINESS IF YOU CANT HANDLE ISSUES THAT COME UP, THE RIGHT WAY, AND THAT IS WITHOUT BEING PUNITIVE AND PUNY. Your drivers are there to help you, not be harassed and disrespected when you're upset.
Pros
Contractors can be their own boss to an extent
Cons
Disorganized, orders not called in, manipulative on the routing of deliveries, lack of respect for drivers
Good job for starting work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIApril 13, 2019
Its a good job for people to dip their toes in the work life, but for living sake and career advancement. The job is not too good and leaves a lot to be desired. Very good stepping stone for work.
Its Okay for a little extra cash
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 10, 2019
I made about $12 an hour. I hard a hard time trying to schedule a time to work. Its sometimes only a half hour to an hour, but sometimes I would get days that are 3 hours long. It does put a strain on your car and i think if you do it make sure you have a decent car that gets good mileage and that has no issues. I did have an issue with accepting orders where I would be going to pick up food and then i would get another order at the same time which is outrageous and they would be in completely separate ends of the city.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
puts strain on car
Ok if you like to tear your car up fast
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 10, 2019
Let's do the math - The government figures it cost 58 cent a mile , on average, to a vehicle. That is for gas, oil, maintenance etc. If you go 100 miles and make $60 for 8 hours, that is .58 x 100 = $58 -- $60- $58 = $2. Hey you made 2 dollars for work 8 hours, Just Great!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay, driving can be dangerous especiaaly during rush hour, frustrating, very little driver support
Get to work on your own time and get out what you put in.
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVApril 9, 2019
It’s not hard to do and if you try hard you can earn more money than most jobs with the only downside being wear and tear on the vehicle being used and that you have to use your own gas.
Pros
Easy to schedule and decent wages
Cons
Wear and tear on car and gas
It's ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDApril 9, 2019
You drive around and deliver food. It sucks when they're aren't any shifts for the day. Sometimes the shifts are only a half hour long and that's no good either.
I love working with doordash
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 8, 2019
Its a good job for extra money if you need i love it it has helped me pay bills and just extra money would refer anyone you could work part time or full time
Pros
You keep food if person dont come out or you cant find them
Cons
Sometime cities are booked
Needs work still
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIApril 8, 2019
Still needs twerking. Should raise pay. Should allow you to work in specific cities only! The maps are to big for pay offered. I like the flexibility, best part and most needed!!
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Pay
Easy Going and Awesome Hours
DoorDash Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 6, 2019
If you're looking for a job that doesn't require a lot of commitment, this job is for you. This job is hard to get a lot of hours each week and personally, I need a job that allows more hours. No complaints towards this job besides not enough hours.
Worst company ever
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2019
The worst company iv ever worked for.
They blocked all of their drivers numbers, so you either have to wait in line to chat with them or call them on someone else phone to get ahold of them.
They litterly do not care about their drivers.
I called to see if I could get compensated for a 45min wait, the guy said that it was too late for them to cancel. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was told that she would call me back, because she was in a meeting. She never called me back.
And their HQ on market st in SF is ridiculous.
Spent 20 mins driving around trying to find parking then decided to go into a paying parking garage. I get to the office and was told that they don’t give red cards there and the only place that was close was closed today.... on a FRIDAY and would not open until SUNDAY!!
The app, most of all is garbage.
They sometimes send you the order 5-45mins before the order is even done, making you wait, without compensation.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Anyone can do it
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 5, 2019
I have been an employee for Doordash for 17 months now and I'll have to say it's been the easiest way to make as much money or as little money as you want every day. You just have to be smart and go where the cash is and you'll make more tips. I enjoy being able to be alone and be my own boss and then I have the pleasure of meeting new people and seeing new faces, It makes me happy to see the face of gratitude every time the customer opens the front door. I had red T-Shirts made up with the logo " I'm Delightful" printed in white on the front!!!! DELIGHTFUL DELIVERY
Pros
No boss
Cons
wear and tear on my poor car
Has it's pros and cons
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Millburn, NJApril 4, 2019
Lots of wear and tear on your car that you don't get compensated for. The pay system is a bit confusing and skewed in terms of peak pay, pay per delivery etc. If you work long enough per week you can make anywhere between $150-$500. It fluctuates a lot so I would recommend against making this your only job. If you're looking for a couple hundred extra a week then go for it but always have something else in your back pocket.
DD Sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2019
DD sucks...You make less than minimum wage..They steal your tips..If you want to make about $6- total,per delivery,after tips,and driving..This is the company for you..Theyll waste your time,sending you 40 miles(1 way) to make $6- total..REALLY!!!
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.

Powered by Comparably