DoorDash Employee Reviews for Driver

They stole some money from me
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2019
They took 9.12$ from me and wouldn't give me an explanation why or try to resolve the problem. My actual pay was different from my balance but I did not take a cash payment on delivery. It is very unethical that they did not attempt to resolve it and that they appear to be so cheap that they wouldn't give me my money back. I am going to contact a lawyer and see if it is worth taking legal action.
Cons
They will take your money
Dashing Away From Door Dash
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2019
Working for Door Dash is extremely complicated due to errors within the app, the inability to contact knowledgeable support agents and the availability of work hours. The app has many issues. It will cause you to drive unnecessarily, wasting gas and time, so you'll ultimately waste money. Whenever there is an error made on Door Dash's part, their only way of rectifying the situation is to pay you half of your guaranteed delivery amount. Which is usually a few bucks. I wouldn't recommend contracting through this company whatsoever.
Cons
No consistency, lack of hours, lack of communication, lack of support, poor app functionality
Good for anyone that is bored
Drivee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 15, 2019
The pay is really not worth it, doing DoorDash is ideal for someone who lives right in the middle of city area and has nothing better to do. But if your intention is to make actual money, i dont recommend it.
Pros
Easy, not many qualifications needed to work
Cons
Very little pay, boring
Worth it if you need quick cash
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 15, 2019
I wouldn't work here if its your primary source of income. I used this job to have fun on the side which is exactly how you should look at it. You could have slow days or weeks so it is reliable to have a steady paycheck.
Easy
Doordash Driver (Current Employee) –  Hudson County, NJApril 15, 2019
You are your own boss with doordash. I’ve been driving with them for 6 months and it’s a cool and easy experience. Just drive listen to music and drop off food. So easy
Pros
Flexible, work when you want, easy
Cons
Wear and tear of your car, gas
It’s a fun thing to do overall.
Doodash Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2019
It’s a fun thing to do overall. I would recommend friends to doordash. I am just looking to get another job to complete my finances at a standard time .
Pros
Free food if the Customer isn’t available
Cons
Finding time slots to work
Great Part Time Gig
DELIVER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2019
I recently took on Door Dash as a part-time job to supplement my lack of income after moving to a new state. It's very easy and straight forward, the only issue lies within little glitches in the application from time to time; other than that - the job is a cake walk.
If your just bored this is the job for you!
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAApril 13, 2019
I did this twice and it sucked. All I got back was barely enough to cover the gas I used to get around(Thank God I have a regular full time job) A Lot of the food establishments are WAY out of the way from where you deliver. I picked up food in Auburn,WA and drove all the way over to the other side of Federal way,WA. The stressful part is the fact that a lot of times there is no place to park when you go to pick up food and if you are like I am and get frustrated easily with TRAFFIC and trying to find a place to park in a busy shopping area then this job s is NOT for you. It wears your car down quickly with all the stops,shutting off starting up etc... If you have an older car it will make that car wear down even faster. Luckily I have a new car so it wasn't that bad.but I tell you what though, Shortly after all this I had a battery problem from the off and on kept draining my battery more and more and the ignition gets wear and tear as well. Took it to the dealer and had it replace,but still it just is not worth it AT ALL.
Pros
If the customer isnt there you get to keep the food
Cons
See review
Horrible.. Do not apply to work here!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 11, 2019
Doordash guarantees up to $25 an hr.. well that is not so .. At times, you could schedule yourself for a 3 hr block, and only make $7.81 for the entire 3 hrs. There is no guaranteed hr pay Also, the market is oversaturated with drivers...TOO MANY DRIVERS AND THEY KEEP HIRING DRIVERS- not to mention that the useless hotspot places are worthless.. They will list one place to post up for an offer, then you get there, and then the hot zone changes back to where you were originally waiting. A word of advice-DO NOT APPLY.. TRY UBEREATS, OR GRUBHUB.. TRUST ME, YOU'LL BE BETTER OFF
Pros
being able to have control over when you work
Cons
terrible pay, not enough shifts, everything else.
Not so good pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mscomb miApril 8, 2019
They suck u in for the first few offers then give u low pay then when I try to end your dash they quickly send u another order that's really far.in its peak pay they also like to try and send u far so I reject and lose your peak pay..........................................................
Pros
Work when u want.no boss
Cons
They offer you peak pay but send u on drives 20 plus miles away
Doordash is terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2019
Waste of time send you miles away for little money. Took all big bonuses away now that winter is over. Half of my shifts with doordash I’ve made less than 10$ hr
Pros
Cons
The entire job
Productive and boss of yourself.
Door dash driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2019
It's a good job but less paid because it depends on the customers order,if no order from the customers then we get less pay.secondly I need to get something better.
Pros
Free
Cons
Long break
not enough orders in an hour to make hourly wage worth it
Driver (Former Employee) –  New HampshireApril 4, 2019
I've door dashed in different areas, and I've noticed that the first call comes in quick, almost as soon as you log in to dash, after that the rate significantly drops. and you're stuck waiting in the "hotspot" for awhile untill the hour passed, its upsetting when youve onl dashed one hour and only get paid 9-10 hour. Especially because no one is paying for your time wasted or gas.
Pros
own schedule
Cons
not enough orders for a fair wage.
Want more orders
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAApril 4, 2019
Need more hours in my area but you cannot do that if they hiring people all the time and terrible on connecting to the operators . It started off great in my area tilmor Dashers came that don't stay in my area and now it's very hard to receive orders
Cons
No healthcare too many dashers in one area not enough orders to receives
good job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 3, 2019
-the most fun in this job is that you can choose hours work that suit with you
-the bad thing when facing some problems you need along time to solve and you are the loser after solving problem
Complete Self-Supervision
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 1, 2019
Doordash is a company worth working for if you have the drive to manage your workday. You only work when you want to, and you get paid weekly. Can be rough when in a suburb, rather than in a city.
Pros
weekly pay, work when you want
Cons
not always work to be done in some towns.
Your calificación is gonna be down every day
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2019
This jobs it's stressful, you try to made your deliverys on time, ok but it's ridiculous because 70% of this delivery you never be on time because doordash doesn't said anything to the restaurant when they did the food late. This situation it's happening every day and you see your calification is gonna be down every day.. it's ridiculous !
Pros
Just made a little extra money
Cons
Stressful, accidents, traffic, and waiting alot in one restaurant
Don't work for doordash.
delevery driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 29, 2019
Don't work for doordash. If you don't get tipped from every delivery you won't make good money, and only about %50 of the people tip and when they do only expect about $1-$3. Not to mention people are very very rude if you are running late, or stuck in traffic. The wear and tear on your car and the amount of time it takes out of your day is NOT worth it.
Pros
occasional tip
Cons
Rude customers, stress full environment, buggy app, low low wage.
Stay away from douchedash!!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2019
This company floods its markets with drivers promising good pay (which they get for about two weeks). After about two weeks your orders pretty much end leaving you with almost no orders and what you get are less than it costs you in gas. These people should be prosecuted for their labor law offenses. STAY AWAY FROM DOUCHEDASH!!!!!!
Cons
Flexible job hours at the cost of low income
Doordash Driver (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 28, 2019
Not the best job a person could have, consumer demand in certain areas is very low and thus makes it impossible to work full time. Wages vary by day, but is generally low after accounting for the cost of gas and vehicle maintenance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.

Powered by Comparably