DoorDash

Clear
2.5Pay & Benefits

Found 4,885 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,369 reviews
dashdasherappdeliverydashersorderdashingcar

Great job for work life balance

Featured review

DoorDash selected this as a representative review
I love working for DoorDash, I can schedule whenever I need or want to work,Pros: great work/life balance, learn something new ever dayCons: Not a w2 employer with benefits and the such.

Work whenever you want

I'm able to work when I can, I have children, there allowed to come along while I work. I enjoy helping people that are in need. Taxes are not taken out of pay so you have to file quarterly taxes.

Pros

Own boss

Cons

There's alot of dasher so it's been slow

DoorDash insights

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Ambiente divertido

Excelente trabajo para comenzar a generar dinero..

Good for a little bit of extra change, not for a primary job

They decreased the amount they pay out for each delivery with some being as low as $2.00 per delivery. They don't cover wear and tear on your car, and if someone cancels in the middle of your delivery, you only get $2.00 for the attempt, no matter how close you are to the customer, and that is even if your order was scheduled to pay out way more when the order was placed. Meanwhile, the company became rich off of its drivers, USING THEIR OWN CARS. That lousy compensation doesn't cover gas at all nor did it make up forcall of the extra repairs I incurred by using my own vehicle. They don't offer commercial insurance and if you don't have it, you're NOT COVERED FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INCIDENTS THAT OCCUR WHILE YOUR WORKING THE DOOR DASH PORTAL. In addition, the customer reps will be reasonable SOMETIMES and other times, they'll make you want to break your OWN PHONE. I HEAR UBEREATS PAYS BETTER AND TREATS ITS DRIVERS MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

Pros

Make money without the zealous, tyranny, managers that trend in the south

Cons

To be compensated well, you must put extreme wear and tear on your vehicle. There's nothing to cover that margin gap

Independent working

If you like to pick up orders on your time, then this is the best job for you. Other than spending your own money on gas, overall it’s a great independent job.

Good if you need a flexible schedule

Good job to have as a way to earn money on the side. Would be hard to do it full-time. Can be done effectively if you have a good knowledge of your area and where people enjoy eating.

Sucks

It sucks. They pay blows and if your not clicking on the schedule exactly at 3pm 6 days out, you won't get any shifts. They over saturated the market with drivers

It is something only to make extra money not a real career

It's is like a second job, but with less money. You can make enough to pay small bills, but please do not believe it can replace a typical job. It is too much wear and tear on your vehicle long term, even if you work enough hours. It would probably cost more to fix those issues, then it is worth.

Pros

Something to pay small bills

Cons

Not a long term solution for work

Good pay

Good pay and work is all on you. You can make up to 3 orders per hour. Which is about 20$ an hour. Some days it can be slow but when its busy its really worth it

Flexible hours, Horrible Pay

The only time it is at all worth your time is on the weekends. Sometimes you'll spend an hour trying to find an order that is over $5.00. They allow people to request 10+ mile deliveries for $3 and lower your acceptance rate if you decline to basically pay for someone's delivery. On the weekends with a little luck you can make $25-$35 an hour but you better have a car with good gas mileage if you plan to do it a lot.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Horrible pay, Wear and tear on vehicle

What is the best part of working at the company?You basically make your own schedule, that's the only good thing.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Can't make enough money, less than minimum wage after gas and wear and tear.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's easy with no boss, 50 percent of the customers are entitled or inconsiderate.What is a typical day like for you at the company?A lot of driving even on bad roads or waiting for orders and waisting time. You can make $120 in 8 hour's but half is sitting and waiting and the other half is hustling. You will spend more on gas than it's worth. If your car breaks down and you need a loan you are SOL.

Used to be good

Most people don't tip much anymore too many dashers to make good money. My acceptance rate is very low because for some reason people expect you to drive a long way for no tip.

good but not good enough

sometime we got order so far but pay not much I think this time gas so expensive not good pay for delivery and tip is so little some no tip at all ,some time it hard to find them apartment and house drive go and back many time to find that ,if winter time so terrible and No tip

Quick money

When you need money and like to drive and have a car then you have a job! Easily the most flexible job you could have. Keep in mind taxes are30% and not deducted. Wear and tear. $2 orders because people don’t tip are cheap or don’t realize that’s how you get paid.

Great!

Easy side gig. Pay on orders could be a lot better. But overall, good, I have been dashing a little over two years, in two different states. Make sure to keep track of tour mileage for tax purposes.

You are an independent contractor

You are an independent contractor. The App is about as good as you would expect for the number one delivery company. Just don’t expect timely help if you ever need to call in

Pros

Set your own schedule

Cons

Unstable income platform

Fun workplace

Work your own hours and you can get breaks as well when you want rush hour is great because you get tips and really good pay during the busy lunch or dinner hours would recommend super easy job!

If you love driving this is it for you

As long as you don’t mind driving and waiting this is a great opportunity to work your own hours and make your own income based on your personal fortitude. The more you drive the more you make. $20/ income is currently how things work in my area before expenses

Flexible, but not dependable

Great for extra cash, but not a good way to pay bills. I started in 2018 and at that point, it worked out to ten bucks a delivery on any given day. It's less and less as the years go by.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Compensation decreasing year by year

You never really know how the day will go

It was coo. Just eats up gas. Never know how busy it will get but when it is.. it’s pretty good money for a side hustle. Tips are good to when they come

Its okay while in between Jobs

Depending on your area you have the oppurtunity to make good money but you have to put wear and tear on your vehicle and buy your own gas. Nice to choose your own hours but pay is almost completely reliant on customer tips.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoorDash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoorDash.
Powered byComparably

Compare DoorDash with

• DoorDash
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?