Doorstep Delivery Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The best company to grow with
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
Hands down the best place of employment I have ever had the opportunity to work for. Great owners and managers. The company was bought out and we all transferred over to BiteSquad.
Self-Employed Delivery Driver
Self-Employed Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2018
Self-Employed Delivery Drivers remained in vehicles until orders were received via text. Drivers drove to restaurants to pick up and deliver to residences and businesses locally and in surrounding areas.
Great business concept, poor business management
Driver/Dispatcher/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL/Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
They gave few incentives and if you wanted to earn adequate compensation you had to pay a manager a percentage of your daily intake. The management as a whole treated the independent contractors poorly (with the exception of one general manager in Jacksonville, FL
Pros
I eventually made lots of money, mainly through my own business concepts and marketing values.
Cons
Failure to communicate termination, I helped initiate the branch
Flexible job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2018
was flexible and easy to manage, good starting job for musicians, students, or anyone else seeking part time work with decent pay and flexible hours, discounts were good to.
was ok until company bought out
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2017
go to work and drive customers their deliveries.
learned nothing
worked over 50 hrs a week to survive
fairly dispatched
boss never there as he was working on other projects
growing business
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 31, 2017
i started working for this company like a week after it opened. there were lots of growing pains but it was also a great place to work, however, i believe they have changed their name now.
Everyday Work Life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2017
There will be a notification through my phone on where the next delivery is and where it is going. I would head to the restaurant, pick up the order, ensure it is precise to the very last detail and than I would head to the destination the customer desires. After the delivery is finished, the bag and equipment are than cleaned and ready for the next paycheck. The receipts and money are kept safely with me at all times until the end of my shift and than counted and calculated for reimbursement.
Pros
Free Lunches, travel, Meet new people
Cons
No fixed salary, used personal vehicle, variable tips
Not worth it.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
Long distances, low money, stay away from Doorstep unless you're interested in wasting your time. The only redeeming quality is the manager/owner. He's a very good hardworking guy, but the experience on the driver side isn't worth it.
Did not like
SELF-EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
Not very good pay and could end up sitting in your car for over an hour with no orders. They do not pay back gas spent and you might end up putting half your earnings back into your tank. Better if you can work full time.
Pros
Tips can be great!
Cons
Short shifts are a waste
Great place to work I enjoyed making deliveries and meeting new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2017
It was a wonderful job I met wonderful people. I was able to make my own hours with a flexible schedule although I worked seven days a week 12 hours a day I still enjoyed my days.
Pros
Flexible schedule able to make my own hours
Cons
Had to work many hours just to make ends meet
Budding Startup
Marketing Coordinator Downtown Orlando (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Doorstep Delivery, the active lifestyle and outdoor element especially. There were some challenges along the way related to the early stage the company was in, but a good lesson in marketing.
Horrible Management playing favoritism were only certain people make money.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasApril 5, 2017
One manager makes up routes plays favoritism manipulates your time and money so you cant get orders to make money. Wrecked my car into a wall speeding trying to keep up with a managers made up routes she decided to give you rather than the appropriate switching routes with the same driver in the area. In the end I have a metal pin in my neck from totaling my car know one ever explained to me I had inusrance they just let me pay for every medical bill take the loss of work in each job. All the this because one bad manager that needs to be fired immediately, I am taking legal action which is hard to make me do in this world but the actions of one manager just forces me to do it,. Stay away
Driver and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2017
Fast-paced. Difficult at times, but good for tips. Payment is weird and salary is random, purchase based. Really nice people working and Alabama residents are almost always nice.
Great people I worked with
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2017
Frankly the best part about working for doorstep was the people I worked with. It was stressful at times as with all Customer Service Jobs. But I enjoyed my time there and would still be working there if they didn't get so big my job stopped existing.
Productive and laid back workplace
Operations and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2017
I loved working for this company. Everybody was very laid back and nice. I would recommend anybody to work here. This job consists of telephone sales and customer service. On a typical day I was on the phone 90% of the time. If you are one that does not like to be on the phone this job is not for you.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Good starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Its not a job to base your main income off of but would make a great side job or starter job for someone. Overall it was a good place to work at
Great job if you have a reliable car.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Doorstep Delivery. Had to resign due to car difficulties. If someone is looking for a job to start off and get the feel for the work life. I would recommend them to Doorstep.
Pros
Work by yourself, Tips, and interaction between new customers.
Cons
Gas money
Terrible
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALSeptember 1, 2016
They were able to accommodate my school and family life as a single mom, but they wanted you to do the work of multiple people and not pay you any extra to do so.
Cons
not enough pay for the work required of you
Read the fine print before you start
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2016
I am not surprised at the treatment. I went for training and because hey were short, I started the same day. Each time i asked for an explanation of payouts i was told don't worry just signup with DDI?? DDI turns out is just a front for getting more money from every driver. Anyway I would find out the hard way. I worked Friday, Sunday and one delivery on Monday. Went to DDI and DISCOVERED, there is a fee for the shirt ( I was charged $11.30 even though I returned the shirt) There is a DDI admin fee f $.45 per transaction. There is a Marketing fee $$8.40/5 so $1.68, but they give you a credit for $1.00 per delivery, this must be creative accounting. Anyway after all that there was another fee of $2.00 per day for equipment leasing??? They have the equipment I used to deliver their food to their clients.
Then in the end they kept my money that the customer included as a tip on the last day.
Just don't join without a full disclosure
I remain very disappointed and many of my friends will no longer consider them as an option.
Pros
manage your time
Cons
Lots and Lots of fees that reduce earnings in their favor
Customer Service/Driver
Customer Service/Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 15, 2016
Worked for them for just about a year, most management was ok, mostly this one woman just made it a unbearable place to work that and the rising fuel costs made it no longer fun or profitable
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management