Doosan Bobcat Employee Reviews

Good job
Robotic Welder (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 17, 2018
Good leader and supervisors. But safety is a big issue among other employees. I don't blame the supervisor he can not be everything where. With the influx of new employees communication is also an issue some of witch is others do not speak English that well or refuse to .
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Safety.
HR is horrible
Welder (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNDecember 6, 2018
Is a decent place to work with good pay, if they would actually get your pay right and given to you on time. Multiple issues with paychecks that take weeks to get fixed.
Pros
Decent work
Cons
Human resources
Good company to work for, but often disappointing
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 8, 2018
The company is loyal to their employees and way too loyal to North Dakota. The field employees spend long hours on the road for pay that is less than competitive and are often spread too thin. The overall company culture is positive. Unfortunately their manufacturing side is a mess, which spills over into all other aspects of the business. There is little accountability for product quality, production goals, any sort of engineering deadlines, or launch dates. It is clearly difficult to find high quality talent to live in Fargo or the plant location in Gwinner, ND.
Pros
Lenient travel policy, good benefits, 3 weeks starting vacation, modern corporate headquarters facility
Cons
Long hours, manufacturing and engineering issues are often felt throughout the company
It was a easy but boring job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 7, 2018
It was a an easy yet hard working job it was relaxed at some points but it could be fast paced at the same time the money was good but the hours could get a little difficult some times
Cons
Short breaks, over worked you
American Sweat Shop
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 21, 2018
Mandatory 60 hour weeks but if you are late by 1 minute you can be fired regardless of how good of an employee you are.No training for new employees..
Well organized work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gwinner, NDJune 19, 2018
I worked on the Large assembly line which was a fast paced line. I enjoyed learning about the bobcats and how they were produced. Some positions were tight and hard to maneuver.
Pros
Paid through lunch, good money.
Cons
Tight spots to be able to assemble
Intern Experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 27, 2018
I interned here years ago. It gave me great experience in what to expect from my first big-kid job, and provided insight into office life. I learned a lot about organization and time management, as well as how to be a good employee.
No work life balance
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 26, 2018
Very stressful. Leadership is very numbers driven and safety is of absolute no concern. They do not follow core values they brag about from the Vice President down to the leads. Quality of workmanship doesnt matter as long as you get your quota for the day. We work mandatory 60 hour weeks which leaves no time for appointments, banking, shopping for needs, or spending time with family. If you have kids, dont work here. If you have special needs, dont work here, if you have kids with special needs, dont work here. You will not last with their sickness policies and they do not care about you or your family. Backlog of Bobcats is more important.
Pros
Half hour lunch break on a 10 hour day
Cons
Very little breaks, very thankless, and a lots of favortisim, backstabbing, and let downs
Management that dont care about their workers
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MNApril 8, 2018
Very bad management, that don't care about the employee's all they want to get there numbers. The steal is sitting in the all types of weather that rusts and they paint right over the rust. Night diff sucks. Days can get away with anything they want. Continuing to run out of parts every week then wait 1 month to get them in. Highly recommended to not work here.
Pros
Pay is ok, benefits
Cons
Management is poor, no company appreciation, work like a slave
It was a long time ago
Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 8, 2018
I co-oped here during college. I worked on the manufacturing side and did not require any technical engineering knowledge. I worked with engineers but the quality control department was mostly reactionary to issues caused by labors or vendor defective products. I did however gain a prospective into how vendors and subcontractors are integrated into new product manufacturing.
Pros
1.5x paid overtime
Cons
No paid vacation, insurance, or 401k option for temporary employees

Want to know more about Doosan Bobcat?

Ask a question
Relaxed Atmosphere
Maintenance Tech I (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 15, 2017
Typical relaxed atmosphere. Pretty much your own boss. There were assignments each day and you would complete the goals for the day. I really enjoyed working at BObcat.
Great Start
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Gwinner, NDSeptember 27, 2017
This was a great place to get some experience. I learned a lot about new product development and was able to make some lasting relationships here. Always had things to do but wasn't overwhelmed.
blah job
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gwinner, NDSeptember 26, 2017
If you can handle the people, you'll be ok there. Some folks appreciate the job and others are there to just bring you down. Most nights and days are ok, some are boring, others you need to work your butt off.
Good
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 25, 2017
Was hired immediately so I knew I was just there to fill a spot. Then I started to see how it was ran and I actually loved the job. Just was a little too far for me.
horrible work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Občina Trnovska vasSeptember 1, 2017
under paid and over worked. with no benefits and really poor management skills. they expect too much for little pay. had a lot of part outages but were forced to push the machines through unfinished.
Pros
I had some good friends.
Cons
not enough breaks, underpaid, worked 6 days a week over 10 hours a day, not family orientated.
I would like to do something different.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 16, 2017
Is a make-or-break environment depends on the individual is where they dough........................ the what cast I something else you have to figure it out I'm sorry I can help you with that
Pros
Good people good environments good neighborhood
Cons
No comment
Inovative evironment
HRIS Co-op (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJuly 19, 2017
Doosan Bobcat exemplified team work through innovation and freedom in your work. The company culture and environment allowed you to work freely and collaborate.
Work there if you want money
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gwinner, NDMay 23, 2017
Decent money for the job after a while the job makes you want to leave. If you can put up with it you make real good money for the area but it is draining
Pros
money
Cons
the work
PMy experince at Doosan has been good so far.
Sustaining Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 19, 2017
The company has gone through drastic changes in organizational structure and personnel. However, the core group I work with is exceptional and pleasant to work with.
Productive and fun work place!
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDApril 3, 2017
This is a fast paced industry, but the management provides an excellent environment to work and be productive. employees are compensated well and taken care of. This is a company I would gladly work for long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doosan Bobcat. Our community is ready to answer.