Dorchester Collection

Dorchester Collection Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews
Great company
Great company with benefits. This hotel is one of the most beautiful hotels I ever work for. Also the company feed the employees very well. Also you have the privilege to enjoy other properties as an employee with the Dorchester.
Manque de personnels
Face à une clientèle très exigeante et imprévisible , nous étions très limités en moyens humains .
De plus, l hôtel s est agrandi .
Pros
Ce, l équipe
Cons
Salaire
Long Hours for no pay
I worked 200 hours monthly and got payed 1750 (EUR). If you count that's 8 EUR an hour to be screamed at and not be appreciated.

I worked a two man station and my partner became sick for more than a week. I had to handle a two person workload by myself and had no help from the rest of the kitchen. The managers were ignorant that I was by myself and screamed at me 24/7 for not being fast enough. After having worked there for two months I quit. On my way out the chef was very unprofessional and cursed at me.

Only thing that was good was the food.
Friendly environment
Patrol the hotel to look for any suspicious activity. Monitor Closed circuit television monitors. Provide 5 star customer service to all guest and patrons visiting the hotel
Benefits
Cons
Decent place to work. Decent tips, demanding customers. Sometimes high volume.
It was a decent place to work. The hotel staff was generally courteous, if a bit condescending at times. Decent tips on certain nights, but highly inconsistent. Management of valet company "skims" tips from valets, far more than is fair, given work output. Customers can be...discerning. Culture is friendly enough, but can be strongly reserved given the context (luxury hotel).
Pros
Decent tips on nights where management does not schedule too many valets.
Cons
Management withholds more tips from valets than is fair, strict rules on customer interaction, hours on schedule determined subjectively by management. Shifty and inconsistent.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Fun place to work at, Learn something new everyday
I really enjoyed working at The Beverly Hills Hotel, It taught me a lot of new things and how to be detail oriented. It is definitely a place I would go back to. The schedule is pretty set time wise but the days off usually change depending on which department you are in. Overtime is worth it, check comes out bigger. You get to meet awesome people if you are working front of house.
Pros
free lunch with great food
Cons
can be stressful due to status of hotel and guests
Great company
We need to give 100% service to our guests
Avoid mistakes..our hotel have a great values.guests is our priorities.our co workers has a great respect to one another.
Pros
.great health insurance
Cons
Workinh rain or shine
You Should Never Work For Hotel Bel Air
You Should Never Work For Hotel Bel Air. The Assistant Director of Rooms relationship with employees and the day-to-day operation is far from glamorous. Managers fail to give their team personal independence. Managers, supervisors and employees are scared of him. Director of Rooms pick out certain team members as his favorite and not for their hard work. Staff feels really unmotivated and managers at the front desk worked an alongside internal reputed mafia figures. Managers doesn’t show appreciation or give recognition to employees, no matter how hard you work at the front desk.
Pros
Health insurance is good
Cons
The Assistant Director of Rooms
Manipulative managers use "official" paperwork, laws and by-laws, committees, and other bottlenecks to maintain their advantage over you .
Managers with manipulative tendencies may try to make you feel guilty. Manipulative managers use "official" paperwork, laws and by-laws, committees, and other bottlenecks to maintain their advantage over you while making life problematic at the office. They make sarcastic comments about your appearance, qualifications, or even something as silly as your older iPhone model, in the presence of other employees, to make you look or feel bad. Aside from the use of sarcasm, they may ridicule and always find fault with you to maintain a strong hold on you and your emotions. The trick is to constantly present you as inadequate no matter how hard you try. They constantly remind you of how he/she has helped you in the past. A crafty boss maintains psychological dominance by using the silent treatment. They intentionally ignore your text messages, emails, calls, etc. Crafty managers are never to be blamed when things go wrong at the workplace. It is always the fault of others. manipulative manager is a compulsive liar. They engage in outright lies, half-truths, limited disclosure or withholding of vital information, etc. to get some form of leverage over you. Terrible place to work. Everyone are scare of the managers, specially at the front desk.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Front desk Mangers are fake fake fake
Good
Good as working place, nice and organized kitchen Good mangers and coworkers. Not the best place but very overall and beginners can learn many things.
productive fun place
I enjoyed working at this particular place I feel that my manager wasn't the best person chosen as a manger but the staff and management and the guest were amazing
Pros
everything
Cons
growth
Ice Crean day, Cinco de Maio celebretion, Bowlling, Christmas.
Hotel Bel Air is a wonderful place to work. It is a happy environment, where everyone respect each other. Started from the head of the company. We can count in our manager, they always there for us.
Pros
You have everything you need to work properly.
Cons
Like any other place, there is always someone to take vantage and do not collaborat with the coworkers..
Historic Bel Air
this is a world famous hotel - all should enjoy working here, it is like adult Disneyland.
It is a special place. Lovely hotel and many movie stars enjoying staying here.
Productive and Caring Company
This is the best job I have ever had in the hospitality industry. The banqueting department managers and team are efficient, professional, friendly and copacetic. They work together as team players and a singular unit despite any differences in background. The hotel not only cares about their guests, they also treat their employees with respect and the same core values that they offer their guests, creating a genuine rapport within the entire company.
Pros
Meals provided, high tip pools, genuine management.
Cons
Lack of work hours.
For Hotels one of the best places to work at
Very competitive on the salary. Work long hours and departments can be short handed. The hotel is beautiful and you will get free food. The management team are friendly.
Pros
Free food, competitive salary
Cons
Hours
Fun work place
There is always something happening at The Beverly Hills Hotel keeps the job interesting. There is always opportunity to learn a new style or Technic.
Productive and Timeless Culture
Management is on top of all guest related incidents and interactions. Here there is no "its not my job," mentality. Everyone is willing to assist, no matter what department one works in. The Dorchester Collection allows employees to seek out growth within the company.

The hardest part about the job is finding support within yourself when you are unable to receive assistance elsewhere. Taking initiative is very important, and when it comes to a guest, one has to make decisions quickly - so as not to compromise the guest experience.

My favorite part is that everyone who works here genuinely enjoys what they do, because the company takes care of the employees the same way they care for the guests.
Pros
Employee Cafeteria, Great Benefits, Full Support of Staff
Cons
stressfull and not feeling appreciated
Busy all day long, not nice coworkers, lack of supervision, great relationship with guests and I could be myself. I learned new server skills and pay attention for little details
Pros
good cafeteria food
Cons
no benefits
quality of service was our priority
This is a 5 Stars Hotel where all the guesses are treated as a VIP,we were trained to probate that beyond service expectation.We were laid off when the Union contract expired and the Hotel went for renovation for about 2 years.
Pros
free
Cons
short brakes
Great fast paced environment
My experience here was amazing . They had days to value they're employees. Many interesting new people. Beautiful 5 star hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
no healthcare
Top notch
You cant beat the benefits and the out door work area no hotel like it. The mangement is really involved with all employees. Great people to work with in all departments.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dorchester Collection. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2