Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Nice job,great benefits and great peoplr for management I liked the hours and the time off when needed,also flexability of the schedule of hours you wanted to work
Cons
Drive to and from work
Great place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Great company to work for good hours and good pay. Great benefits very family orientated company cares about its employees. Nothing bad to say about this company.
Great Family Company
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILJanuary 29, 2019
Family oriented company, that is very accommodating to different schedules. Pay and benefits are good for the area. Christmas Party will blow your mind.
Benefits
Cons
Lifting boxes
Lack of consistency
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILJanuary 21, 2019
There is no consistency throughout the sales department. They make up stories to get you out of there. I have seen it done to a warehouse employee and they did it to me.
Enjoyed but was only a temporary job for me
full-time warehouse order selector (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 17, 2019
Great environment and welcome a diverse group of people. Safety is number 1 on their list across all fields. Were very helpful with allowing me to be off for the birth of my son. Starting pay was good with the potential to make production for a bonus. Management tries their best to get you the answers or help you need to succeed in the company. Highly reccomend Dot Foods as an employer.
Stressful
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 5, 2019
Job wasn't to bad just worked you to death and really not family oriented they want you there all the time you'll never have time for your family didn't give enough sick time and doesn't take in consideration when you have an family emergency
Very stressful and very fast paced
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Dot Foods is a very good company in whole. Working at the Liverpool warehouse has a very negative attitude with all employees miserable due to the extremely high expectations of management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very negative enviroment
I left this job because I had to move to another state
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILJanuary 4, 2019
As an order selector, I used the forklit equipped with a scanner and furrowed different compartments in the floor to collect orders from customers and thus constituted pallets to be deposited at the door for deliveries. In a cold environment and very well protected by equipment provided by the employer. The work was very interesting
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Great pay insane work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Great paying job since I make 20 an hour as a new hire (I get paid differential due to working 3 12 hour shifts) Other then that though work is very hard, non stop and really takes a major toll on you. You must hit ur production rate and keep that percentage at 95% or higher otherwise you can get in trouble.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, short break, very hard on the boy and just stressfull
Great pay and good benefits
Regional truck driver (6x3) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 22, 2018
This company does offer a very good benefits package and very nice pay rate. Most of the time the company will work with you if you have any issues. However, if you have a family or like any type of consistency, this is not the company for you. Warehouse is lazy and uncoordinated, constantly messing up truck loads. Your home time is sporadic, if you get it at all. Be prepared to work whenever they need you...oh and say goodbye to almost every holiday.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Little home time, warehouse makes drivers jobs harder than needed
Cold and hot climate takes a toll on your body
Ammonia service texh (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 16, 2018
Cold I. The summer. No real breaks Cold in the winter and hot I. The summer. No real breaks. 12 hour days 2 15 min breaks and 30 min for lunch. Boring work but the people were great to work with \
good company
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 3, 2018
they are willing to train people for advancement, work environment changes day to day. I would recommend anyone who is starting off in life to work there
Deliver groceries
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 3, 2018
This job you deliver food products to bakeries, convenience stores, and institutional locations / warehouses using a cdl class a tractor trailer (53ft). all freight is delivered off tail of trailer using pallet jack, or hand carried into customer ficility
Pros
steady work
Cons
all hand touch freight. lifting and carring 100lb bags up and down stairs
Good place to work and good people
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNDecember 2, 2018
Everyone makes you feel welcome. The management is good to you and will help in anyway they can to get you wat you need. I love the place. I just physically can't work there anymore due to injuries.
Great place to work.
Order Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 22, 2018
I worked at DOT Foods for 2 years, I absolutely loved my coworkers and got along well with my managers. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking to learn some skills on fork trucks, pallet jacks and narrow isles... great place to learn.
Pros
The people
Cons
Really didn’t have any.
Can be a very stressful place to work. Some departments are understafffed for the work that is required
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Collector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILNovember 20, 2018
Typical day at work is busy from start to finish.
I learned a great deal about collections specifically how to contact customers.
Management leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of name game and sometimes treated like an outsider if you don't reside in the county or town where business is located.
Large turnover in some departments.
Pros
Free coffee, ice and new facility to work at.
Cons
Feeling like you're not part of the big picture.
Fun
Transfer Driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 19, 2018
Great work. Great people. Care for employees and family. Family oriented. Payroll sucks sometimes. Great for veterans of our armed forces. Flexible time off for important events
Stock Picker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INNovember 14, 2018
Decent place to work. They also have a lot of benefits. Great place and I would highly recommend it for someone else. They are flexible on shifts as well which makes it that much better.
Hard work
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, ILOctober 25, 2018
It is a good place to start or make a career they demand a lot with sometimes no reward back for what you have done or sacrificed for them the pay is good but always want more for free
Pros
Job security
Cons
Home time
Not a great place to be
Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDOctober 24, 2018
long hours and no support from Management at all. Place is like a circus if you are a man you will make it .. women are treated fairly. The Management needs a complete overhaul starting with the GM of the place he is a joke along with the HR person. The management nevers shows up for work-employee's are the ones who run the place
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours management is lazy no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dot Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss