DoTERRA Essential oils

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

DoTERRA Essential oils Employee Reviews

Great Work Life Balance
Director (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 14, 2019
It is What YOU make it!! They provide plenty of training. My Coach is Great! Working with doTerra provides the opportunity to manage your own time schedule, work around your family, and grow your business at your own pace!! They have great incentives like earning FREEE products. It's Fun! It's a great opportunity to meet new people and build new relationships!!
Pros
Time Freedom
Cons
you always have to have a certain $ order every month to get commission checks.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTJanuary 9, 2019
You clock in and out on the computers or on your phone. You have to be there 15 minutes before you are supposed to be in the phones otherwise you are late, which is understandable. Most customers that called in were ready to ask their questions and were very nice to the workers. My management was great and I got along with all my supervisors very well.
Pros
Fixed hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Angry customers
Love of a natural, non toxic life
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, LAJanuary 2, 2019
I am absolutely in love with this company! I have been given so many opportunities to meet new people and to come out of my comfort zone! doTERRA has been an incredible blessing for me, my family, and many people that I come in contact with on a daily basis.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
doterra essential oils
Doterra Essential Oils Wellness Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHDecember 26, 2018
great part time gig, worked my own hours. I have learned many new things on how to use essential oils for my family and I. The best part of the job is helping people out what oils would suit them best.
not a bad place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTDecember 13, 2018
I loved it there but there was not that many job advancements. the management was great. sometimes a little to laid back but not bad at all. they pay you what you are worth. the only dress code is dont ware something that will get cought in the rotary
Pros
2 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch.
Cons
not alot of job advancements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTDecember 12, 2018
It was fun while it lasted. It wasn't a fit for me and I got a better offer but it is definitely a great company. They treat you well and make sure you are in a good environment.
Pros
Lunches, flexible, friends, products, incentives
Cons
call center
people person is a must
Doterra Wellness Advocate (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTDecember 8, 2018
in order to truly thrive in this world you gotta be a people person because you are in constant contact with people and it can get a bit much ........
Great intro to independent sales
INDEPENDENT SALES (Former Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 26, 2018
As I had never dabbled in independent sales I found DoTerra to be a wonderful introduction.There was no pressure to meet a certain quota as well as the ability to literally work from wherever you are.
Poor culture and Leadership
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 9, 2018
This company was founded on great principals that don't exist anymore because the owners don't know what's going on. Poor leadership, culture, pay and benefits. The company takes pride in hiring within, although that leads to under-qualified employees willing to work for low pay in poor conditions with unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Employee Parties, and between $100-200 in free "returned" product every month.
Cons
Leadership, Benefits, Culture, Pay, Middle-Management, Employee Appreciation.
Great Self Employment
Wellness Advocate (Current Employee) –  Flatwoods, KYNovember 2, 2018
Takes personal growth to be a leader. Network marketing is not for everyone,, however, when you discover how to work network marketing, in this company you can be unstoppable.
Pros
Positive engery
Commission only
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 31, 2018
I learned a lot from working in this position. How to self motivate, and how to motivate others. It takes a long time to get where I am in this position.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
No base salary
Great place to work while attending school
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTOctober 15, 2018
I have really liked working here, I have been able to work here for two years while attending school and it is an easy job that you are able to do while working part time. I think that for me it is just not working out to be more than part time. The only reason I am leaving is to find another full time job..
Pros
Free products
Cons
hard to work with Scheduling wise.
Fantastic workplace for young adults looking for a long term job
Production Line Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTOctober 6, 2018
Working in the warehouse is a challenge, the hours are not the best but the job pays very well. Exposure to strong smells and loud machines. A typical manufacturing warehouse experience. The people at the workplace are very friendly,
Pros
Substantial benefits
Cons
Minimal raises, poor hours
doterra wellness advocate
Wellness Advocate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 1, 2018
The culture of the company is amazing and you have the blessing of being able to teach and educate people about natural healthcare options vs streamlined medical versions.
Great Company
Wellness Advocate (Former Employee) –  At homeSeptember 21, 2018
great multilevel marketing company, home based and sales based. Great for Stay at home moms. Must have a passion for health and wellness with lots of sales and networking lines. Commissions are good and products are legit AMAZING.
Productive and fun workplace that has a relaxing enviorment.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTSeptember 18, 2018
Working at doTERRA was a wonderful experience. I got to meet so many different kinds of people in the Call Center. The management takes care of its agents very well. On busy days they would provide snacks to keep our spirits up while taking calls. The only reason I left was because I have been wanting a job that I can make a difference in people life and I felt like I wasn't doing that at doTERRA.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts, Free Snacks, great co workers.
Cons
Difficult to advance in work place
My day at doTERRA
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTSeptember 4, 2018
I loved working in the Latin America email team, and Mexico. It was a great work environment meeting people from different cultures. Doing potlocks, building great customer service, conventions were always fun.
Productive and fun place to work, great products and great people
Call Center / Phone / Chat & Email Agent (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTSeptember 3, 2018
Working at doTERRA is amazing. The people are so kind, and willing to help you in anything that comes up. There is always chance of advancement. I would have stayed with doTERRA but with my husband getting a job in another state it makes it a little bit of a commute. I have learned time management, further determination of what I want out of life, that doTERRA TRULY CARES about their members and employees. They do all they can to help them and us succeed. Something other call centers should try. At doTERRA the culture is awesome, it is unlike any other call center I have worked for. Every Manager that I have worked under has been so willing to help with anything needed.
Pros
Great culture, people, and products. They work with you and your schedule.
Cons
There are times when it comes down to who you know rather than what you know when advancing.
Great place to get started in the business world
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTAugust 31, 2018
Doterra prides itself on customer service and that all starts with treating their employees with respect. Although I did feel that my advancement in the company was slower than it ought to have been, I usually looked forward to coming into work. They often have cool prizes and bonuses for upselling, which was highly motivating for me.
Pros
Creative incentives to upsell
Cons
Can be very busy with few breaks, chances to breathe
Fun and Positive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTAugust 24, 2018
The employees and managers there are so nice and welcoming. It is easy to make friends and there is a positive work environment there. Everyone is willing to help you learn and give you positive feedback.