DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,106 reviews matching the search See all 2,500 reviews
Fast passed, fun, cultured
Ventura St. - Waitress/Barista/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Double Tree. Especially my managers and employees. They crossed trained me in several areas of the hotel and I got to meet lots of different people. Never a dual minute.
Pros
Great work environment, lots of different people and events. Cross trained room to move up.
Cons
Had to tip out a lot. worked a lot of holidays
Very good place to work. Nice people, good pay, works with hours.
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2018
The Double Tree offered insurance, time off, discounts, and people who cared about there employers. Sometimes it gets a little busy but that's just more money in your pocket as a server. The hardest part of the job was getting all the orders together when you get crammed but I loved it, and when people see you working hard with a positive attitude they tip more.
Pros
pay, good food, good people, good work place.
Cons
A lot of running around.
Nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 20, 2018
Nice and productive place to sit and relax with the family. A nice place with good food servings and affordable prices. P.S. the chocolate chip cookies are awesome.
Stressful no team work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
I was asked to clean and inspect 5 halls in one work day thats when i knew it wasnt for me.I did enjoy my job but the executive made it harder than it should've been.
They need a lot help
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2018
Not enough anyone time. they don’t know how to talk to anyone. Always have something smart to say about your work when they not trying to help you out.
Productive and fun to work with
Buffet Coordinator/Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 20, 2018
We serve healthy and delicious breakfast buffet Bistro restaurant. We always have lots of customers everyday and that’s the part I enjoyed working in doubletree when we are busy because we work together as a team to make sure our customer have satisfaction of their breakfast with us.
Pros
Breakfast and lunch is free for all employees
Cons
We have lunch break
Good place to work at. Very good with giving time off when requested.
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 19, 2018
A typical day of work is an 8 hour shift either 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, or 11pm-7am. The management time here is very good at giving their employees time off when they request it.
very high paced place to work during the summer
Lead Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 19, 2018
A typical day at work would include setting up the bar, cutting fruit, making sure the bar and pool bar are stocked, and all opening duties. Taking alcohol, liquor and food orders from customers at the pool bar and the main bar.
Pros
half priced lunches, good money
Cons
slow winters
Great people to work for and with
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
With over 250 employees at the hotel, the people you work with makes it a great experience. Everyone seems to be on the same page by taking care of our guests in different ways and all are helping together to make the guest experience great.
Great work environment
2nd Level Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2018
Double tree is a great work environment and great work place. The company likes to reward the employee for their effort and accomplishments.
Well treated their employees
Pros
free dinner on ocassions
Great Company to work for
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2018
I absolutely loved working for the Doubletree Hotel, strong leadership, mission statement and benefits along with many other great opportunities and benefits
Pros
Free Lunch
Was at this job 5 months before I had surgery.
Line / Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2018
Fast paced, work. However, short staffed a lot of the time. Management tried to keep kitchen staff informed as to what was happening, which was much appreciated.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
short staffed
Competitive environment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CA 91711June 15, 2018
This job gave me skills that can be used in other work Fields. The management always worked hard to make sure everyone was representing the company correctly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Aprendizaje
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2018
Excelente equipo de trabajo y aprendizaje de housekeeper
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Ninguno
Not the place to work
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 13, 2018
I really liked working here at first. My F&B director was let go 3 months after I started and they gave position to me for 10,000 less a year. I didn't have the staff to run the place like it should have been.
easy place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2018
easy place to work had to wash dishes from the restaurant and the room service it was a laid back environment, at times too slow. expectations were clear
solid
Lead Bartender and New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 12, 2018
good place to find and work the schedule is flexible and the management is accomodating to whatever needs the staff might have. high standards for guest satisfaction
When i first started at the DoubleTree by hilton,it was a fun and helpful work place.
Housemen,Floor Tech,Lobby Personal,Hk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJune 11, 2018
Think about the employees and there feelings.The staff that shows improvement and that come in on time and on they off days,I feel that the management should pay close attention to those who put effect in to hard work.
Pros
They give the employees a 30minute lunch break
Cons
They give you a 15minute break
Had an Excellent Experience
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 8, 2018
Would arrive for my shift a few minutes early to assess my shift. Would complete the duties for my respective shift (AM, Mid, Morning, Night Audit). Emulate and personify brand standards.
Fast paced at times but constistently understaffed and therefore spread thin very often.
Server, Bartender, Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 8, 2018
Doubletree was very good at working with school and family scheduling issues and co-workers were fun to work with for the most part. Management seemed absent most of the time and there were days where managers were required but were never scheduled like Sundays and Mondays. Typically one can expect to work multiple roles in any given day or night and sometimes that can be stressful when customers view slow service as a problem with you when in reality it is the management trying to save on labor.
Pros
free meals
Cons
absent management and a negligently short staff evening crew.