DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 2,718 reviews matching the search See all 3,320 reviews
Nice place to work
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2019
I enjoyed coming to work at the Double Tree Hotel. location near home, nice area to work. Steady work day. No complaints. They had the best cookies, when it came time for breaks.
decent place
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 25, 2019
decent place to work hours come and go management is ok sometimes they don't listen to the employees needs but overall its a job you show up to work you do the job and go home
Pros
free lunch
Do not work here
Sous Chef evening (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 24, 2019
The management is horrible childish and does not listen to any suggestions or solutions. Preferential treatment to certain workers. And the paid time off is a joke.
Very detailed and fast-paced at times
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 24, 2019
You must have amazing customer service skills when working the front desk at a hotel. Multitasking is also a great trait to have. Also calling out of work isn't like other jobs. When you call out in a hotel it hurts the team. So showing up for your shift is a must.
Working was okay most of the time
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2019
A typical day at work is to great your customers with a smile and say HELLO and HOW IS YOUR DAY GOING. It's a fun place to work when the management is in a good mood.
Pros
Great perks, Great Discounts
Cons
Low pay
love my guest and co workers
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 22, 2019
I love the audit so I mainly check guest in and answer phones with any guest questions or request I also have to balance all previous shifts as well and set up for the morning shift
Pros
guest and co workers
Cons
salary
Productive and encouraging place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 21, 2019
I am allowed flexible hours according to anything that may be happening in our family life. Can have open dialogue with upper management and believe that my concerned are heard.
Unprofessional place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 21, 2019
The management is terrible. The communication is terrible. The pay is terrible. You get room discounts. The housekeepers are ghetto. It is very slow and in the afternoons the management is slim so thats a bonus.
House keeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 21, 2019
Excellent place to work. Loved every minute of it. Wishing to get my job back bexause i liked it that much. They have early hours get work done during morning still have all day
Food serivices
Kitchen Attendant Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 21, 2019
A typiical day at work was smooth fast and moving. I learned the safety about the kitchen. the Management was god. The work place culture was good. the hardest part of the job was downtime
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 min
Productive and fun place
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work is high demand in customer service and team work oriented. I learned how to manage CRM, check in check out process, accounts payable and receivable, take requests upon and during guests stay. The management team does a great job at keeping everyones energy and dedication focused but entertaining. The work place culture feels like everyone is at home and family. The hardest part of the job is how much time consuming it is and having to deal with big issues that can affect hotel. The most enjoyable part are the employees, people you meet, and overall hospitality the work place brings.
Pros
Free lunches, Hilton Benefits, Team Oriented
Cons
Short breaks, Low Pay
Stressful environment with minimal supervision
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 18, 2019
I worked as a night auditor for almost a year at this beachfront property. I felt as if I had multiple jobs: Night Auditor/Front desk/housekeeping/F&B... Extremely stressful to work on the beach due to overnight schedule.
Productive and i liked the environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 18, 2019
If you love cleaning and being organized you would love working here. The pay isn't the greatest that's why I decided to leave I was offered a better paying job.
süper yaaa ...
MEYDANCI (Former Employee) –  ÖMER TAŞDEMİRMarch 18, 2019
Bir şirkette olabilecek her şey var yönetim harikasınız. ben sağlık problemimden dolayı işten ayrıldım ama hani derler ya aklım orda kaldı.bu şirkete iş için müracaat için kesinlikle ık bık demeyin yeterki alsın lar .....
Pros
Total +
Cons
Yok
double tree job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2019
My time at the double tree by Hilton has been stressful and overly competitive. I do not feel like there is any room for advancement and I would prefer to work for a company that appreciates hard work and rewards that hard work with advancement opportunities.
Pros
free lunch, tips, meating new people from all over the world
Cons
lack of comunication between mngt. and staff, lack of suplies, bad bugeting
fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2019
supervisor was okay than we got another she was not good working was okay then it was bad couldnot weight to go home and relax then they would supervior would backstab co workers and lie to management and that was not good they would make you do things that were not on your job plan I often wondered why they would lie to protect their jobs and it was getting worse the auditor stole money
Pros
good place
Cons
not enough pay
very productive , great pool area
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 15, 2019
i love working here , but i need more hours. i’d like to be on a set schedule where as here it’s how fast you work on each room. i love the people here and working with different people everyday. the managers and supervisors are really nice and work well with changing schedules and off days.
Pros
free cookies all day
Cons
short breaks
I liked the people I work with
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2019
But would never keep anybody and the pay was not right and the girls had to many rooms to do everyday and I got pregnant and I feel try to make me do a lot of rooms because we were short on people to do the ROOM
terrible management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 13, 2019
hotel quality was terrible. seeing how things worked behind the scenes really turned me off from hotel stays. the way management handled situations was poor. They couldn't pass an inspection in over 2 years. owners fired mgmt company and hired a new one but they still failed. Best advice for a hotel job is do ur review research bc u might not last long (by choice)
Pros
free food
Cons
fixed food menu
auditor
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 12, 2019
closed all open accounts for the day on a daily base, checked in guest, answered phoned and gave outstanding customers service when needed, deliver morning papers door to door, and did wake up calls every morning, and transfer information to the am workers. love the being busy always.

51.2K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight