DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 2,639 reviews matching the search See all 3,207 reviews
i dont like it
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJanuary 15, 2019
I learned to navigate the system. Manangement was poor. The hardest part of my job was getting the employees to come to work on their scheduled shifts.
Pros
free lunch
Very sressful work place a lot of favorites
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 14, 2019
When I first started I really liked the manager of my department and general manager as time went they left the Company if started.being a lot of favorites and stressul too many rooms daily
Pros
Lunches are 3 dollars you get a lot of hours
Cons
Too many rooms given to housekeeper daily
Productive and Fun workplace
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 13, 2019
It's a really fun company to work for and the management and staff are very welcoming and they treat everyone like family.
You get to meet a ton of new people from all over the world.
and as an added bonus you can have endless amounts of the famous DoubleTree chocolate chip walnut cookies.
Pros
Free Cookies
Cons
No Overtime
Great place to work just at the time poor upper management
Night operations/Food and Beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 11, 2019
Really great Co workers and guests were amazing. Great place to start in hospitality and guest services. Teaches you how to deal with the public and people of all backgrounds. Also, trains you to be alert and quick with decision making.
Pros
Provided lunch and dinner.
Cons
Could use better management that cared for employees.
satisfactory
Senior Catering Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2019
satisfactory; there will not be specific observations or opinions about this particular hospitality management corporation, during the current working tenure
Fun and high-paced work environment
Front Desk Agent-Driver-Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 10, 2019
Working at the doubletree was either very high-paced or very low-paced as most large hotels are. It would go from zero to one hundred which helped me hone down my crisis management skills.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms
Cons
chaotic situations
great benefits
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 9, 2019
great hotel deals you can stay almost anywhere for a deal but job is too stressful for what you're getting paid. and with whiny diamond members mad that they don get free parking is not worth it in my mind
Hard job with decent pay and great benefits
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Lots of physical labor involved and very demanding schedules. I was a listed at a part-time worker but averaged 30+ hours a week and regularly eclipsed 40 hours. Hotel staying benefits are great.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, long/late hours
Terrible place to work if you're in housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 9, 2019
Terrible place to work for in housekeeping. Terrible pay. They managers truly do not care about you. I would not recommend to anyone ever. Take your chances elsewhere.
Cons
Management, pay
Laundry
allowing for housekeeping to complete room (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 9, 2019
A lot of linen and towels. Have to wash and fold all dirty laundry before you leave.This means staying over some days and leaving early others. Coworkers were great people.
Pros
Nice folks and not really hard work.
Cons
hot in laundry room.
older hotel with pros and cons
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJanuary 8, 2019
I work for a hotel that has both pros and cons. We provide a shuttle service to NYC that people enjoy for the most part. Unfortunately, the hotel is located in an area where if ou don't have a car, ou can feel isolated. As an older hotel, it has problems. It is drab in the rooms, which are smallish, has AC challenges,

I like many of the people I work with, some, not so much. The current GM is great, a wonderful mentor. If it weren't for him, I don't know if I would be there.
Pros
cookies, Gm
Cons
owner is horrible, older hotel with problems
Not a great place to work.
Coffee Shop Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 7, 2019
There are many responsibilities I had to take working here. Management is very poor and more than half the time I got in trouble for things I was not trained to do in the first place.
Pros
The coworkers and travel benefits
Cons
Management.
Very stressful and drama
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 6, 2019
This was a job that I liked before the company got sold, once it was sold everything went down hill,
no coverage, for spouse, family , self or life. No short term or long term disability protection if something happens.
I was so stress to not be able to have the protection for my family that I used to have
Pros
Free lunch & family environment
Cons
Low insurance benifits and high costs for coverage
Great sales experience
Catering & Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 6, 2019
If you are looking to learn big company sales and how they operate, this was the perfect job for me. I learned not only from the company but form the vast network of their employees knowledge and experience.
Easy job, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
Management lacks structure, trust in their employees and pick favorites. Some employees get away with everything while some get constantly written up. Guests were wonderful and so was every hourly associate (with some exceptions). They need a whole new management team.
Pros
Free lunch
great job
NIGHT AUDIT/ NIGHT MANAGER ON DUTY (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 6, 2019
great job, nice employees, lack of communication. no one is really held accountable for anything. gm says its an open door policy but I didn't feel that. brought in new manager who is changing everything that worked and implanting new methods that may work at smaller hotel but not this one. suggestions for anything go in one ear and out the other.
This place was modern day slavery
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Idek where to began. I’m not a negative person I tried my best. The job itself is cool and you can get alot of hours but management were just mean.

Most of the employees weren’t allowed to even go home. They would go to sleep two hours at the job and then hop right back up and do another 12.

I think they wanted me to quit because I wasn’t willing to slave.

They had a guy there for a year who was sexually harassing a whole staff of women and if I hadn’t come in and reported him for bothering me and been so vigilant about it he would have still been there. I think they wanted him there more than they wanted me.

They have roaches in the cafe but act like it’s your fault because you aren’t cleaning up properly ?
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, Available hours, Free Hotel stays after 3 months full time
Cons
Everything else
Ok
Banquet Server/Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2019
You might think that trying to cultivate a happy workforce as an elusive, time-consuming waste of important resources, but studies show that the opposite is true. Creating a positive company culture begins with fostering happy employees.
Happy employees are 85 percent more efficient, experience a 60 percent drop in absenteeism and stay twice as long in their jobs as their less happy colleagues, creating a measurable impact on engagement, retention, safety, wellness, employer brand and even cost control goals, according to the study
Didn't treat everyone equally
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Some managers were better than others most of them sites they don't listen to the things that are going on they blame each other for things that are going on big unorganized hotel.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Some of the people
Beverage Server
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Doubletree by Hilton Ontario,CaJanuary 4, 2019
I’m very disappointed with the way this Doubletree’s care and concern for their employees have gone down. I worked there 11 years and was happy for 9 of the years. New management came in and took what I once knew to be the best in hospitality to now the worst. Management does not care for their employees. Even if the customers spit in your face, they will apologize to them and not care for you. Human Resources has no care for the little guys. They will take managements word over yours.
Pros
Free food and beverages

51.2K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight