DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Its a fun place to work and I can put my expertise in action
airport, Hotel maintenance engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark New JerseySeptember 23, 2018
Co- workers are friendly and they make you feel happy. There’s a lot to learn in engineering department. It’s a good experience for me working at the Doubletree by Hilton at Newark NJ
Depends on the day and who you work with.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 23, 2018
A typical day started with taking care of whatever was left over form the person on the previous shift. Then from there more so just seeing where things went. Sometimes they went easy and could feel almost relaxing, or fast paced and more up on the go. A lot of how stressful of the say was based on the coworkers and how well they were did in cooperation of doing their own jobs accordingly.
Ok
Banquet/Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2018
Its ok working here. The building is very old which makes it difficult on the staff when a guest experiences maintenance issues which is often. Maintenance works hard but are not allowed enough staff to properly maintain the rooms.
this is a very good place to work and grow
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 22, 2018
I work in security dept. and we are like a family working together real close in our department and extended family outside the dept. this is the best job I have ever had but after 5 years here I need to move on to my retirement location with my wife who just retired.
Pros
everything
Cons
Firmly believe that if you can work at that particular property you will be ble to work an of the Hilton properties
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Fun workplace/ Communication could have been better between departments/ Salt surveys very vital in the development of property. Time given needs to be more realistic as per time given in order to comply with requirements
Terrible Work Experience
Guest Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CitySeptember 21, 2018
I do not recommend working here. Management is terrible. They do not give breaks. It's like working in a junior high with all the drama. Not all management is bad but most are. The general manager has his immediate family working there as well. I would rate this hotel as a 5.
Great place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 21, 2018
I work in the restaurant and I love it. Everything is clean and organized. Servers and hosts are very friendly. The manager is outgoing and does everything he can to help. The cooks are well educated with the menu and cook everything very well. There is so much organization that it isn’t stressful. I enjoy going to work!
Pros
Free lunch when working, great team, great management
Cons
On feet all day so they hurt but that’s it
I enjoy my co workers and staff. I come to work confident and ready for the day.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 20, 2018
I wish my commute was closer. I have been with this company for close to 3yrs. I have adjusted with different managers. I’d love to stay with my job but the cost of living is growing yearly and not getting raises on a regular basis is not what I set out for. I started as a housekeeper and within 4 month at this property I made inspector without a raise since going into my 3rd year. I have 2 daughters one currently graduating high school headed for college. I just would like to be able to maintain my home and bills without stressing.
Pros
Lunch is provided daily.
Cons
Benefits 401k life insurance and raises
If They Say Jump You Better Fly
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
During my time at Double Tree, I was treated unfairly from day one. The departments are not friendly amongst each other. The managers severely lacks communication and humility when conversing with employees. You would think that the guests would be the problem but they are not. Everyone is scared that you are there to replace them. Your general well being is no concern, just make the brand look good. The tips are good and so is the pay but keep your head on a swivel. You are subject to being lied to and on and they will snatch your job without confirming anything. You are not a person to them. Just a small fish on a very large food chain.
Wonderful famly oriented, fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked the night shift alone ,
My boss and coworkers in my department was always a call away if I had any questions.
I started learning electrical , I used to be afraid of it now I can fix allot.
On weekends we had allot of issues with HVAC sometimes I would run out of supplies so it would get frustrated but the guest where amazing about it made my night easier.
But at the end of it all doubletree was like home, I enjoyed going in every day.
Pros
Breakfast lunch and dinner was provided. And monthly parties and holiday parties.
Cons
Paied too much for helth care so my checks seemd low
Loved it
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I loved this job and the people I worked with made the job easier to want to go to everyday. The manager was always helpful and respectful. The customers was always happy
Pros
Every other Friday we had free lunch
Cons
Dirty rooms
Painful Experiment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
This job was stressful. I learned how to really scrub a good toilets. I learned the basics, but they didn't give me a proper schedule. I went to work every day like always until they didn't need me anymore.
Pros
Yes free lunches but the food was sometimes not my kind food
Cons
The Breaks was descend
Very busy hotel
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 18, 2018
Busy place to work. Occupancy stays high throughout the year. Breakfast is extremely busy doing from 200-400 covers a day. Banquets and catering stays busy as well with a lot of group business.
Maintaining a clean room for the quest
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
This is a great company to work for with great opportunity to move forward in what you can do great benefits in nice charming people to meet also the area is fantastic
Management Support and Leadership
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 18, 2018
I will not speak negatively about this location due to my current status. If you are looking for a challenge then this is the place to work. If you are looking for good management and leadership, then you should go somewhere else.
Not meant for someone my age and my condition, but it is an okay job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The start of the job was good, stress free for someone my age. It got a little harder as time passed. I learned to clean rooms under a limited time and clean it well. Manager was okay, not too bad , but not great either. The rest of the staff is very nice and welcoming, and they look out for each other. The hardest part was when I became pregnant and could not meet the same intense expectations as I use to because I started to be a little e slower and tired out easily with the amount of rooms given.
Pros
Buy good food from the restaurant lunch menu
Great job for cross-training.
Hotel Accountant/Income Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
Loved all the opportunities Doubletree Hilton gave me to cross train in many aspects of the hotel. Wonderful work culture where everyone respected each others
Pros
Cross-training
If you're a cook, just don't even try.
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2018
They promise you one thing at the interview, they end up prioritizing what the other 2 employees want. Management is not on top of thing and hygiene is POOR. No 10/15min breaks, only ONE 30min break if the kitchen is not too busy.
Materials ,management ,
Maintenance Engineer/PM (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TX CAMPBELL CENTRESeptember 16, 2018
Poor management meaning gm mike was not understanding worried about getting courses done more than buying materials needed for pm or mainly engineering department we had to fight each other for parts and materials engineers would hide materials due to lack of everything overall the employees were super and welcoming but they told you the truth about the way the hotel was being ran by the housekeeping manager running engineering department when I started the chief was going right out the door
Pros
Hours
Cons
No tools and no materials
hmmm
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 16, 2018
Not the best place, but it was a first time job. The pay is not that good for the amount of work that we were doing. I did not see myself being employed by this company for long.
Pros
I do not know
Cons
Pay

51.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight