DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Nice place to work
I enjoyed coming to work at the Double Tree Hotel. location near home, nice area to work. Steady work day. No complaints. They had the best cookies, when it came time for breaks.
Working there was a nightmare , lack of communication
Don’t care about employees , just more so about the hotel and being there to work and do what thay needed you for . Would call on days off for employees to work . Crazy work hours and would give you a write up quick just because . Have at it but I’ll rather work for a motel then the doubletree hotel ever
I enjoy working for double tree I am Just ready for something more demanding and I enjoy driving would love to work as a paid driver I heard a lot of great things about federal express
Pros
Company perks
Hard job with decent pay and great benefits
Lots of physical labor involved and very demanding schedules. I was a listed at a part-time worker but averaged 30+ hours a week and regularly eclipsed 40 hours. Hotel staying benefits are great.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, long/late hours
Doubletree
After working at the Doubletree for nearly 3 years, I learned a lot about the different departments that are held in the hospitality industry. It helped me realize what other opportunities are out there for me and I am very happy with the knowledge and experience I gained while employed there.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Excelente ambiente laboral
Excelente ambiente laboral. oportunidades de crecimiento.
fast paced
loves their employees! great place to work! awesome management! they gave me a chance when no one else would and i have really grown into my positions!
Pros
free lunches, hotel discounts
If you're a cook, just don't even try.
They promise you one thing at the interview, they end up prioritizing what the other 2 employees want. Management is not on top of thing and hygiene is POOR. No 10/15min breaks, only ONE 30min break if the kitchen is not too busy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Work team
the company real professional, good management , relation between employer and employee real like family, they are gain hired family, we are real good team work, creative in menu, employee good pretention will had promotion
Pros
free lunch/ dinner
Cons
busies when had catering or event
Great Team
This was an enjoyable place to work with great team spirit. Hilton in general has great benefits and discounts for employees ... I do believe they do not offer enough PTO to account for holidays, vacation and sick time, though. Also, compared to colleagues around San Diego, I was paid less - probably due to the area (Mission Valley as opposed to downtown).
•Responsibilities: As Lead Cook I was responsible for preparing for breakfast and lunch to the highest standards, while performing pantry cooking, grilling, special events catering. Ensured proper storage and inventory of all perishable foods, while keeping a clean environment.
Unfair employees rate
For two years I was not given a raised yet only I was given when I complaint as new employee has the same rate with me, then they gave an increased which there is some condition.
Awesome Company
Absolutely love working for this company. Health benefits and insurance and everything is included and it's fun. There's room to grow personally and professionally with this company. Love it.
Excellent Guys.
I,ve Work at double tree hotel and the guys are great there,and if I my add that they make me feel like family.these guys know how to treat their clients,Thank you.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great breaks
A very Manage Hotel
A very busy and productive property with large banquet and catering facility. Very organized with all line team members and management team including sales team. Very diverse team and well enjoyed working with including management team and various departments.
Orchestrating multiple task for individual for a large volume was a big learning factor.

Doing large volume was challenging but rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Great environment and great team to be with on a daily bases
Cons
Not enough storage spaces for a large banquet events
Good place to work easy to move up,good people, people take pride in what they do. Good place to start your career and eat to transfer to other hotels.great benifts
Pros
Corp owned
Cons
Union
Unequal, Hard work
Alot of favoritism, and or drama between management, co- workers or customersi hated it it was the worst place i ever worked at they treated me like i wasnt a part of the team
Productive. Everyday is something different.
Easy hiring process.
Learning to have a tough skin is key.

Awesome co-workers.

Every guest is different and every situation has to be handled promptly.
Pros
Free Lunch and Parking
Cons
No breaks/short breaks
I enjoy working here
I am a current employee, I really enjoying working in a hotel like this one. It allows me to keep growing as an employee ; as well as a person.
Pros
growing, good co workers
Barbara Lyons
Dynamic, challenging, interesting, rewarding, personal, and filled with passion to excel, to excellence and customers satisfaction
Pros
Provisions of the tools to succeed
Cons
Additional staffing required
Flexible schedules, great opportunity to learn, great co workers and Management relationship
Hiring, interviewing, counseling, follow with work work injuries, employee benefits, payroll, filing, disciplinary actions, investigating problems with employees, terminations, laid off, compliance with DOT and ADA files.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and life insurance
1.5K
1.2K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DoubleTree by Hilton.