Douglas Companies Management reviews

Seriously lacking management
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 27, 2019
It is like a recess playground at a child day care. where the most obnoxious children that are seeking attention get that attention. along with the bullying that would also exist where such mentality is present
Pros
fast days can stay busy
Cons
if you work hard, you will be the only one left working, also don't expect breaks or reimbursement for being forced to work off the clock
Watch your back
Administrative, Warehouse, Sales, etc (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 3, 2018
I dedicated over 10 yrs to this company and thought of them as my family. Loved my job and built what i thought was lasting trustworthy relationships. I worked in different departments -warehouse managers are great, sales and merchandising managers are great, but office management and AP/AR beware. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE! If you do not suck up and get in with the "right crowd", you will be gone so quick. They will drive you to quit or try to get you fired. EVERYONE talks about EVERYONE. if 1 person knows your business, the whole company will know within minutes. And they WILL find out your business. I took on so many responsibilities and worked my booty off, but in the end its all about what booty you kiss!
Pros
Benifits, relationships, pay is decent in certain depts
Cons
Cannot trust anyone, office is full of drama and back stabbers, dont expect a raise or bonus
Official response from Douglas Companies
July 9, 2018

Unfortunately, this comment was posted from a former employee released from her duties for habitual tardiness, insubordination of duties and theft of company property. We have a staff of wonderful employees with an average tenure of 15 years. This fact is proof enough that our company is a positive environment.

over all great place to work. fun times and fun people.
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 19, 2016
good hours
fun people
great work
overall good places
management is great
steady work day, you know what you will be doing through out the day
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 8, 2016
I would drive between 250-350 miles a day. I would leave the office at 4:30 every morning. Some days I would finish my deliveries and be home by 12:00 pm and other days I wouldn't get home till around 6:00 pm depending on my route. I would average between 150- 700 pieces per day on my truck. I would pull my ramp and load the totes and bundles on a hand dolly. I would have to scan everything I delivered with a hand scanner. This I liked for the scanner would let me know if I was missing anything for that delivery. Management was great for I get along with everyone. My co-workers and I got along great. I had to leave due to my mom and dad. They are up in age and needed me there. I gave Douglas a 2 weeks notice and stayed the third week to train the new driver my route. Management said if I ever decide to return I would always have my job.