Douglas County School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contract work was great.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 13, 2018
As a Substitute I was a contract employee. I only worked when I wanted to which for me was perfect for that season in my life. Very competitive when it came to finding and obtaining full time employment.
Pros
Worked when you wanted to.
Cons
No benefits
great
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 11, 2018
pay can be more, short days, good environment, jobs are only in the county. overall good jib just would be better if pay was more. flexible schedule since you make your own,
fun place to work
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 16, 2018
flexible on hours and fun, I love my co workers. the day always went by quickly and was different each time you came into work so you never got board.
Co-workers and environment
Preschool Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 16, 2018
I loved working with my co-workers and the class environment was great but the administration did not listen to us as a whole. I wish they would have taken our comments and asking for assistance seriously.
Worked at the school that my son attended
Technology Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 6, 2018
Worked at the school that my son attended. Teaching the students tech work at different levels. Learned a lot about MACs since I Had never worked with that system.
Pros
Worked at the school that my son attended
Cons
short breaks
Work Place
Teacher - Special Education (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Douglas County. The people I worked with with kind and caring. I became very close to the families I worked with. I really enjoyed my job.
Pros
A lot of time off
Cons
Salary should have been higher
Large IT Staff, Great peer group
IT TECHNICIAN, LEVEL 1 (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 4, 2018
My position was located in a quiet shop where work was delivered to me. Lots of time to focus to get the job done quickly and accurately. Peers in other sections of the IT department were friendly and always willing to be a resource for troubleshooting.
Pros
Great staff, very supportive supervisor
Cons
It was a long commute for me.
Laid back but professional
Campus Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parker, CO 80138July 1, 2018
I think the hardest part of the job was try to remember most of the 2300 students that were at the school. also knowing all the staff that worked in and for the school
Could be a good place to work
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 22, 2018
In my position, it seemed like we didn't receive a lot of support from our administration. Most of the admin didn't seem too concerned about discipline and this propagated undesirable behavior and attitude from some students. Very frustrating too much of the time.
Pros
Was provided with free lunch
Cons
Some students were allowed to get away with bad behavior
Typical Teacher Job
Math and Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVJune 15, 2018
The area is beautiful. I enjoyed living and working there. The schools are great. The pay could be better. Teachers don't earn what they should. There are many ways to move around the district if you want.
Friendly staff
School Social Worker/Counselor - License #4121-S (Former Employee) –  Douglas County, NVJune 15, 2018
Although there is minimal support you must be independent and proactive in knowing your scope of practice and engaging with families and students to advocate for them
Stressful long hours
7th Grade Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 13, 2018
I went into teaching thinking there would be a good work/life balance. Instead I found myself working every night and weekend during the school year in order to keep up with everything I had to do. I also purchased numerous supplies using my own money to keep my classroom running properly.
Very fun
Outdoor Education Program High School Leader (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COJune 2, 2018
So this job is great if you want to expand your horizons and grow as a person. They have you be a camp leader and it's empowering. The management is great and so are the people.
Average place to work with advancement opportunity in other outside facilities
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 31, 2018
Great part time if you already have health insurance and looking to supplement your income or looking for benefits only and like working with people.
Pros
summer time off including holidays, earned health care incentive
Cons
can be competitive, poor salary, unaffordable health insurance, co pays, medical procedures not covered, randomly chosen for extra work hours, management.
A lot of good people, some not so good.
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 22, 2018
Employment varies as it is a large organization. Like all places, it depends on the people you work with. Mostly I worked with really great people. There were others that were not good to work with. Either because of their work ethic (or lack there of) or just character.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
institutional red tape
Changing Culture
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 17, 2018
Different dynamics in IT. New leadership. Changed from Oracle environment to opensource "free" software. While Oracle is still used for some applications written with application, the Web site is driven by PHP and other opensource tools. A lot depends on the direct manager.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
Not much room for advancement. What you start with is where you will be for a long time.
isolated in a padded room
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMay 13, 2018
for two years I was the lead in my department of 1. I had was allowed to develop my program however I saw fit, within reason. Leadership did not show much interest in my program and did not provide any assistance. Felt alone. with I had a partner to work with.
Pros
parking spot close to building
Cons
unemployed over the summer months.
Rewarding career - school district needs improvement
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COApril 23, 2018
Great job to teach students and prepare them for what they want in their future.

Flexible and convenient work hours that aligned with an educational calendar.

Career advancement and job security were areas saw lacking.

It was also unfortunate how much politics was involved in the curriculum.
Pros
Schedule, flexibility, benefits
Cons
Hierarchy
Has a above average view to the west
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Minden, NVApril 22, 2018
The view to the west is pretty decent, and the facility is nearly new. Seems like people take themselves pretty serious here, though way more than I would recommend.
Supportive staff
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 19, 2018
Douglas County school district had a supportive occupational therapy staff when I worked there. The supervisor was very helpful and connected with the various staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Douglas County School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight