Douglas Elliman

Have a say

4.0starWork-Life Balance

Showing all 101 reviews.

Great company and job

Company provided great hospitality and great benefits. Workers and employers were caring and provided a great atmosphere to work in. I would recommend this job to anyone.

Lack of communication and direction

Workplace culture is everyone for themselves, coworkers regularly throw each other under the bus. Lots of finger pointing and zero accountability. Information is scattered and communication non existent. Poor benefits/very little PTO.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

Health benefits, Pto

I would get to work and get ready and work doorman all day meeting new people and making connections with others. I worked as summer relief, so I had to work many days and many hours with no break. I enjoyed working as a doorman.

Productive, Solid Company

1 Real Estate Co in LI. Great company to work for especially if you have an interest in Real Estate. One can grow a great deal in this field by joining the longest-running real estate co in LI.

Stay to yourself do your job

Hired ay new site .wen I got my first day wasn’t welcomed .and not given good vibe by management.building was still under construction.and residents moving in a lot of problems with construction.and poor management.short staffed no security cameras.poor communication with with residents and staff

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Learn new skills and interact with many different people

I learned various skills across facility operations, customer service, security, and maintenance. The hardest part of the job is working with difficult residents, and maintaining the upkeep of the building.

Lacking in community

It was not a supportive environment, managment was never there and lacked knowledge to provide the kind of support needed. Must be very self motivated.

Short and Sweet

Although, my time at Douglas Elliman was short, I appreciate the business opportunity they offered me and would also recommend this company to other realtors.

a lot of support and systems in place for you

if you would like training and a lot of back office type support and systems they have it for you - and they offer classes for you to learn how to use all their resources.

Good and Bad

The good was you can work at your own steady pace and the bad is that there are a lot of boxes and it is not labeled. They also need to have a order to help find the correct labels.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Douglas Elliman?

Fancy place to work

Our meetings bring lots of good information for everyone, and it helps us on our daily bases. The culture of the company is what maintains the good spirit between co-workers.

The tenants were always amazing and friendly. The company over all though was horrible the managers didn’t care about anyone but themselves and money

The tenants were always amazing and friendly. The company over all though was horrible the managers didn’t care about anyone but themselves and their money.

Amazing managers

The management is supportive and helpful along with other agents' employees. Anytime there is a question to be answered or helpful suggestions, the management is right by your side.

Great Company

This job paid decently and was not super stressful. I would have stayed if I didn't have such a long commute at the time. I have nothing negative to say about it.

great offices

convenience of having the office virtually open 24/7, lots of support available, its a pretty big company so there are lots of resources available and people are nice

Awesome

Dependable real estate professional with 10 years comprehensive experience knowledge of property management, real estate and housing laws. Demonstrated skills to include budgeting, apartment sales and communication looking to transfer experience to dedicated property management.

Terrible Place to Work

Stay away. Management is terrible. They choose favorites and feed them leads. Maggie was the worst managing broker I've ever dealt with (didn't even speak Spanish in a VERY Spanish Miami Beach.

real estate agent

the company is amazing but unfortunately I had to leave due to commission cuts doesn't work for new agents other than that it was a great experience to work there.

Competitive Workplace

Working at Douglas Elliman was very competitive. Everyone I worked with was very nice and fun. We all became friends outside of the workplace as well.

Good Company for Starting to Mid Level Growth

Overall, Elliman is a great place to begin one's career and to grow. However, there are currently no places to move up from upper-middle management so at this point, transition is helpful. Management support is very strong, and often they are glad to help and give training on various skill sets.

Huge company with prestige

Douglas Elliman is one of the oldest and best real estate agencies in New York City. There is a culture of professionalism that trickles down from the managers to the agents.