Dovenmuehle Mortgage Employee Reviews

Dovenmuehle was a generally nice place to work
Foreclosure Claims Lead (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2019
I worked for Dovenmuehle for a year prior to having my first child. We had moved up to Buffalo Grove, IL for my husband's job. I landed this job as a foreclosure specialist. My coworkers were very nice and I was promoted my first year of working there to a lead.
no room to grow, stressful
Loss mitigation spoc rep (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 30, 2019
you will be trained to do one thing and a couple days later you will get a coaching email advising you that it isn't right and the policy has changed and they don't inform you on anything. VERY micromanaged.
Pros
co workers are amazing
Cons
stressful, bad management
Training opportunities are vast
Bankruptcy Specialist/Foreclosure specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 25, 2019
I did not feel management took necessary steps to ensure work loads were evenly distributed. I found the better and harder you worked, the more work you were given without reward. Those who did not make effort were given less work, which causes a less teamwork and less positive work environment.
Pros
Training
Cons
Lack of promotions
Easy job
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Its easy, you show up, do your job and go home. As long as you do your job and do what is required of you you're left alone. The harder you work and the more work that you do you get compensated for through bonuses.
Depressing
MGC Default Analyst/Invoice Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Low pay, poor management, little recognition. Coworkers are great and make the day go by but the job itself I would not recommend it to anyone. Period.
helpful friendly co-workers
Loss mitigation Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILDecember 19, 2018
Co-workers are great, friendly and helpful, always willing to help teach. I enjoy working close to home. The hours are reasonable. The company does provide decent benefits.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 16, 2018
The manager was horrible. Our desk was setup like we were in school. I could literally touch my co worker. The manager sucked. The location was horrible due to the fact there was a possibility that the customer would come on site, we were in a remote location. I felt like we were deceiving the customers.
Pros
Agency would bring in treats
Cons
No work/life balance
Nice Company
Cash Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILDecember 5, 2018
If I could do my job from another state I would. Benefits are pretty good however the pay scale is low for the position.the work environment is pretty relaxed and plenty of training is available to everyone.
Benefits
A lot of Expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 7, 2018
Management is not the best and they expect so much yet provide so little to help reach the goals that they are requiring you to make. Although training for the position is at least 3 weeks, they don’t teach you nearly enough of what you need when you get on the floor to take calls.
Pros
Most coworkers are nice
Cons
A lot to list
Work,and life balance
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 5, 2018
Good company for a entry level,training ground to learn new skills,retiree,disabled workers.People who are in the magement only get raised and benefits. Poor management, opinion for improvement or issues are ignored.Made friends here. Company keep getting lot of new clients and people can't handle anymore.It means additional work with no raise.People always quiting and company's hiring like a revolving door.
Pros
Company event and holidays
Cons
Expensive Healthcare

Want to know more about Dovenmuehle Mortgage?

Ask a question
Research Support
Research Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 3, 2018
This is a entry level position We handled letters printed for the company and specifically Collection letters in my area. I would help with sorting letters, running certified labels for certified mail, then we fold the letters, stuff them into envelopes and mail.
Not so bad
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 30, 2018
Lots of room for improvement.
Managers are biased.
Co-workers are nice. HR is ineffective.
Management doesn't care.
Full time Employees eligible for holiday pay.
Pros
Holiday pay, treats on special days, customer service week you get 1 personal day extra
Cons
Favoritism, non professional attitude
no room for advancement
Senior Commercial Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 29, 2018
A revolving door, much employee turnover. Departments did not work together to solve customers problems. Overtime often mandatory.Long time employees resistant to change or trying new ways of doing things.
Nice place to work very high pace and not for the faint at heart. Stressful requirements to meet for quality and bonuses.
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 27, 2018
The call volume dictates how the day goes everyone is expected to make call count regardless if it;s busy or not. The employees are very nice to work with and most of the supervisors and some of management. The culture is very diverse,
Document analysis job
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 23, 2018
In general DMI was an acceptable place to work at. I enjoyed my job which involved reviewing docs for accuracy. Other than responding to questions within my knowledge range I was pretty much left alone to get my work done.

Over the years I was there I became familiar with the mortgage servicing/bankruptcy and foreclosure world from the creditor's POV.

While most of management was open to assisting all levels of employees the idea of appreciation was pretty much non-existent.

Culture and morale were pretty low. Turnover was high. New hires mostly had backgrounds that didn't mesh with the mortgage/servicing industry.

The hardest part of the position was dealing with legal firms who were working for us.

Most enjoyable part was digging into the details of an affidavit and pulling together all of the backup docs and figures.
Pros
Once trained and shown to be reliable I was left alone to do my job.
Cons
Merit raises and reviews were inconsistant.
Poor communication, poor mgmt, doesnt care about employees
Figures Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 18, 2018
This place is a joke! Do not work for this company. You will be hired for 1 thing, but won't even be doing that. They have you do everything else but. They don't care about their employees. You are not allowed to ask for a day off unless you have vacation or sick time built up. Even if you ask them to have this day off and not get paid for it they will tell you no. So that means you would have to call in on that day and then that marks against you because it was never approved. Their lack of communication sucks. You get in trouble for not knowing what you don't know because supervisors, team leads, and managers do not communicate anything. I love working with the other employees that I work with however it is the team leads, supervisors, assistant managers that suck and make your job not worth it. Your pay raise if you earn it is like 10 to 15%. Working at McDonald's or any other place you have more than that. Working in a corporate field, your raise should be a percentage like 1% 5% 10% and so on not some nonsense of $0.10 and $0.15 raises keep the $0.10 or $0.15 that's not helping me at all. Tell them to take that 10 $0.15 an hour raise and shove it. And rules change all the time depending on how the management is feeling that day. Rules change couple times a day and you're supposed to read their minds and know what's going on and then when you're not doing your stuff fast enough they want to have a meeting with you of why you're not getting anything done. Well if I wasn't in this meeting 6 times a week I would be getting more stuff done. All the supervisors know how to do  more... is micromanag. We are all adults we don't need to be micromanage. That is what is slowing us down. How about you guys decide to actually learn what we have to do instead of micro managing. Sit down and work on something instead of working on reports. What is reports going to do? Sit down and work stuff like we are so you know what the holdup is and what the issues are and actually understand our job and wondering why we're not working fast enough  less
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor mgmt
Good company
Project Team Lead of Specialty Audit (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 16, 2018
Good company to work for, lots of chances to learn a lot about loan processing. Lots of opportunities to transfer within the company. Promotes from within. Good work to life balance. Management was good.
it is an ok company to work for
Collections Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 13, 2018
There is not much room for advancement unless you go to other locations which are too far to drive. The pay is comparable and the people are ok. The bonus is not always easy to obtain and the bonus is horrible.
Pros
comparable pay
Cons
no advancement
Dovenmuehle is a corporate prison where they compel you to feel grateful.
Applied for Data Mapping Loan Boarding and Escrow (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 5, 2018
People like to say the job security is great here however that isn't so because their turn-over rate is one of the highest if not THE HIGHEST turnover machines I have ever witnessed.

The bad energy comes from the very top and trickles down to all the mid managers which finally come down the pipe toward the employees.

Every location has this problem. North Aurora, Elgin and Lake Zurich,

I worked at Lake Zurich for about a year and came back October of 2018 to apply again since my lay off from another company.

I couldn't even go through with the face to face interview after the initial phone interview with the recruiter.

The reviews here at Glassdoor and Indeed reminded me of what it was like.

Employees are treated like cattle or goyim and one will easily see they made a mistake.

Do yourself a favor. Avoid this company at all costs...truly this company has to be the worst top 50 to work for in Illinois.
Pros
The sense of job security because they are a servicer for other banks as their clients.
Cons
Pay, benefits flexibility, restrictions to go to the bathroom and breaks, Managers are not great at all, MICROMANAGING is the way it is and really is more of a career limbo.
Okay to work management needs helps
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 2, 2018
Typical day here is boring and you do the same task over and over again. 17$ looks good but after expensive health insurance it’s not worth it at all, also hey have so many lawsuits they take from your pay check to pay there legal matters. They give you lunch every month but honestly that $8 plate doesn’t make up for the constent harassment you deal with here. Take a bathroom break to long plan to be interrogated. They want you at your desk 24/7 . Always get the run around and different answers to a question.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovenmuehle Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight