Dovenmuehle Mortgage Employee Reviews

Work,and life balance
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 5, 2018
Good company for a entry level,training ground to learn new skills,retiree,disabled workers.People who are in the magement only get raised and benefits. Poor management, opinion for improvement or issues are ignored.Made friends here. Company keep getting lot of new clients and people can't handle anymore.It means additional work with no raise.People always quiting and company's hiring like a revolving door.
Pros
Company event and holidays
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
Research Support
Research Support (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILNovember 3, 2018
This is a entry level position We handled letters printed for the company and specifically Collection letters in my area. I would help with sorting letters, running certified labels for certified mail, then we fold the letters, stuff them into envelopes and mail.
Not so bad
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 30, 2018
Lots of room for improvement.
Managers are biased.
Co-workers are nice. HR is ineffective.
Management doesn't care.
Full time Employees eligible for holiday pay.
Pros
Holiday pay, treats on special days, customer service week you get 1 personal day extra
Cons
Favoritism, non professional attitude
no room for advancement
Senior Commercial Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 29, 2018
A revolving door, much employee turnover. Departments did not work together to solve customers problems. Overtime often mandatory.Long time employees resistant to change or trying new ways of doing things.
Nice place to work very high pace and not for the faint at heart. Stressful requirements to meet for quality and bonuses.
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 27, 2018
The call volume dictates how the day goes everyone is expected to make call count regardless if it;s busy or not. The employees are very nice to work with and most of the supervisors and some of management. The culture is very diverse,
Document analysis job
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 23, 2018
In general DMI was an acceptable place to work at. I enjoyed my job which involved reviewing docs for accuracy. Other than responding to questions within my knowledge range I was pretty much left alone to get my work done.

Over the years I was there I became familiar with the mortgage servicing/bankruptcy and foreclosure world from the creditor's POV.

While most of management was open to assisting all levels of employees the idea of appreciation was pretty much non-existent.

Culture and morale were pretty low. Turnover was high. New hires mostly had backgrounds that didn't mesh with the mortgage/servicing industry.

The hardest part of the position was dealing with legal firms who were working for us.

Most enjoyable part was digging into the details of an affidavit and pulling together all of the backup docs and figures.
Pros
Once trained and shown to be reliable I was left alone to do my job.
Cons
Merit raises and reviews were inconsistant.
Poor communication, poor mgmt, doesnt care about employees
Figures Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 18, 2018
This place is a joke! Do not work for this company. You will be hired for 1 thing, but won't even be doing that. They have you do everything else but. They don't care about their employees. You are not allowed to ask for a day off unless you have vacation or sick time built up. Even if you ask them to have this day off and not get paid for it they will tell you no. So that means you would have to call in on that day and then that marks against you because it was never approved. Their lack of communication sucks. You get in trouble for not knowing what you don't know because supervisors, team leads, and managers do not communicate anything. I love working with the other employees that I work with however it is the team leads, supervisors, assistant managers that suck and make your job not worth it. Your pay raise if you earn it is like 10 to 15%. Working at McDonald's or any other place you have more than that. Working in a corporate field, your raise should be a percentage like 1% 5% 10% and so on not some nonsense of $0.10 and $0.15 raises keep the $0.10 or $0.15 that's not helping me at all. Tell them to take that 10 $0.15 an hour raise and shove it. And rules change all the time depending on how the management is feeling that day. Rules change couple times a day and you're supposed to read their minds and know what's going on and then when you're not doing your stuff fast enough they want to have a meeting with you of why you're not getting anything done. Well if I wasn't in this meeting 6 times a week I would be getting more stuff done. All the supervisors know how to do  more... is micromanag. We are all adults we don't need to be micromanage. That is what is slowing us down. How about you guys decide to actually learn what we have to do instead of micro managing. Sit down and work on something instead of working on reports. What is reports going to do? Sit down and work stuff like we are so you know what the holdup is and what the issues are and actually understand our job and wondering why we're not working fast enough  less
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor mgmt
Good company
Project Team Lead of Specialty Audit (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 16, 2018
Good company to work for, lots of chances to learn a lot about loan processing. Lots of opportunities to transfer within the company. Promotes from within. Good work to life balance. Management was good.
it is an ok company to work for
Collections Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 13, 2018
There is not much room for advancement unless you go to other locations which are too far to drive. The pay is comparable and the people are ok. The bonus is not always easy to obtain and the bonus is horrible.
Pros
comparable pay
Cons
no advancement
Dovenmuehle is a corporate prison where they compel you to feel grateful.
Applied for Data Mapping Loan Boarding and Escrow (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 5, 2018
People like to say the job security is great here however that isn't so because their turn-over rate is one of the highest if not THE HIGHEST turnover machines I have ever witnessed.

The bad energy comes from the very top and trickles down to all the mid managers which finally come down the pipe toward the employees.

Every location has this problem. North Aurora, Elgin and Lake Zurich,

I worked at Lake Zurich for about a year and came back October of 2018 to apply again since my lay off from another company.

I couldn't even go through with the face to face interview after the initial phone interview with the recruiter.

The reviews here at Glassdoor and Indeed reminded me of what it was like.

Employees are treated like cattle or goyim and one will easily see they made a mistake.

Do yourself a favor. Avoid this company at all costs...truly this company has to be the worst top 50 to work for in Illinois.
Pros
The sense of job security because they are a servicer for other banks as their clients.
Cons
Pay, benefits flexibility, restrictions to go to the bathroom and breaks, Managers are not great at all, MICROMANAGING is the way it is and really is more of a career limbo.
Okay to work management needs helps
Tax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 2, 2018
Typical day here is boring and you do the same task over and over again. 17$ looks good but after expensive health insurance it’s not worth it at all, also hey have so many lawsuits they take from your pay check to pay there legal matters. They give you lunch every month but honestly that $8 plate doesn’t make up for the constent harassment you deal with here. Take a bathroom break to long plan to be interrogated. They want you at your desk 24/7 . Always get the run around and different answers to a question.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
Flexible hours and job security
Government Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Poor management, high job security, zero employee recognition, corrupted corporate politics, willing to hire anyone with no experience, extremely underpaid, etc.
Pros
Flexible work hours, and with high job security
Cons
Corrupted corporate politics, high turn over rate due to salary, etc.
Dmi
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Open to some applicants from other industries, can be easy to advance, but some members of upper management not open minded about 'alternative lifestyles'.
Cons
expensive healthcare
Horrible please dont apply
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 25, 2018
If you like getting screamed at by customers by all means apply. If you like mandatory overtime, horrible training, and no advancements go ahead and apply.
It really was the most stressful job I’ve ever had, I applied for the north aurora location and for training they sent me to the Elgin location, traning was ok (they pay for training) but after that it’s all on your own. They do have a number for you to call when you don’t know how to continue a call but then you have to wait and explain to a costumer why you’re waiting. Handling 90+ calls a day with one 1hr (sometimes cut short to 30min due to call volume) and a 15 min break is good in some acpect but you’re going to be mentally Exhausted
Pros
I started at 15$ an hour
Cons
Mandatory over time, no help from management, they have people quit on a regular basis
Fair and content work environment
Collection Counselor (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Was okay to be working in the department I was. Management was fair. I had difficulty trying to move up in the company or laterally moving to another position. Many other jobs were located far away from my residence.
Pros
Job was stable work for as long as you wished to work there
Cons
Medical benefits were too expensive
Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Very large company, alot of turn over, not really sure why as there are many different departments. The company is a growing company, therefore always hiring.
fast paced, metrics based call center, food days, some perks, great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I worked here for a long time, however the only thing that I did not like was if you are on fmla it actually gets held against you with annual reviews which then you do not receive an increase in pay. I never received a raise even thou I knew my job and met the requirements. this is why I am no longer there.
Pros
interesting work, co workers, build relationships, some perks from the company
Cons
pay raises
Plenty of work
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 16, 2018
DMI offers jobs to those suffering of the typical "sorry we are looking for a candidate with more experience" field.
There is always lots to do and employees are super friendly.
job load can get out of hand at times and there is no real structure on how things are handled in every position.
Pros
kind employees, no discrimination
Cons
overworked, needs better compensations
Negative Workplace Culture
Senior Default Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 9, 2018
There is a negative culture at Dovenmuehle. The management does not support their employees. The salaries are low and there is not much room for advancement unless someone leaves. In one department, four people left unexpectedly after starting because of treatment by one assistant manager.
Okay
Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 8, 2018
You learn a lot and fast. Definitely can get promoted from within. Very poor management. Poor H.R. Poor benefits. Low pay for amount of work you do and for the amount of information you need to know.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Poor benefits/low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovenmuehle Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight