Dovenmuehle Mortgage Employee Reviews

fast paced, metrics based call center, food days, some perks, great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I worked here for a long time, however the only thing that I did not like was if you are on fmla it actually gets held against you with annual reviews which then you do not receive an increase in pay. I never received a raise even thou I knew my job and met the requirements. this is why I am no longer there.
Pros
interesting work, co workers, build relationships, some perks from the company
Cons
pay raises
Plenty of work
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 16, 2018
DMI offers jobs to those suffering of the typical "sorry we are looking for a candidate with more experience" field.
There is always lots to do and employees are super friendly.
job load can get out of hand at times and there is no real structure on how things are handled in every position.
Pros
kind employees, no discrimination
Cons
overworked, needs better compensations
Negative Workplace Culture
Senior Default Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 9, 2018
There is a negative culture at Dovenmuehle. The management does not support their employees. The salaries are low and there is not much room for advancement unless someone leaves. In one department, four people left unexpectedly after starting because of treatment by one assistant manager.
Okay
Accounts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 8, 2018
You learn a lot and fast. Definitely can get promoted from within. Very poor management. Poor H.R. Poor benefits. Low pay for amount of work you do and for the amount of information you need to know.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Poor benefits/low pay
Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. is a very challenging place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. is a very challenging place to work. The pay is low and the expectations on the hours you work are very high. Workly remotely is not allowed and the professionalism is horrible.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Compensation, Not Flexible, Cannot Work Remotely, Benefits are not Offset by Company Contributions
Do not work here no matter how much you need a job!
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 13, 2018
Worst job in my 30+ years of employment. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Employees are not treated like human beings. Work load is insane. HR is non-existent.
Turnover is like a revolving door. Nobody really cares.
Pros
Cons
Managers are bullys! No leadership!
This nightmare of a company will strip you of all your happiness and mental well-being!
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILAugust 9, 2018
The Research Department VP yells and screams at the managers and supervisors in their daily meetings. He constantly berates and humiliates people and has no remorse for his actions. He refuses to give any assistance that could actually be helpful, but instead says he is a genius and the rest of us are too dumb to do our jobs. This company was great before he came along. Management used to support us and respect us and treat us like valued employees. Now, management and supervisors are too afraid to confront him and are terrified of what he will do should someone contact our HR department. We’re all told to just do what he says and NEVER go to HR to file a complaint or we will have to suffer his consequences and they will be bad. If he asks you a question and you don’t give the answer he wants, he will get visibly upset and just reword the question until you tell him what he wants to hear. Each time he will get louder and angrier. I’ve never worked for such an unprofessional company in my life!
Pros
Job security. People are constantly leaving.
Cons
Expensive benefits, pay is definitely not worth the stress
Stressful
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 6, 2018
As a part of DMI you realize that all that really matters is making call counts. You get trained to do so much but your pay rate is not adjusted.I appreciate the knowledge but its upsetting that you're thrown into roles with minimal knowledge and then get monitored.
Pros
Paid holiday's
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Don't let the hourly pay pull u in RUN!
Collections counselor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 4, 2018
Yes the hourly pay sounds great but it's not worth it for all the work you have to do here. Management sucks all the team leads know nothing about what they're doing but the coworkers are great. if you want to come work for a company where have to call the assist line and ask for help on your call and get someone that doesn't know what they're doing to answer, all the while you have a customer on the line holding for 6 Plus minutes for u to come back... go ahead and apply but I can tell you this much is definitely not worth it. You will be working the same position forever. pay increases is between $0. 05 and $0. 20... $0. 20 being high. they only promote people they like even if you're the best person suitable for the job. they will take percentages of your bonus check for your attendance if it's bad all the while they Mark you for occurrences for the dumbest things....say Your mother dies... your brother dies or your house catches on fire and you can't come to work they are not empathetic they do not care but they definitely will write you up and consider it a unpaid day and take part of the bonus check that you will be getting at the end of the month management sits in office secluded from the company you don't even see them that don't even speak to you as if they higher up CEOs or something I'm sure if you're the manager of this department you should be associated with your employees it's just ridiculous run away as soon as you can they say the starting pay is $16 an hour but that's the devil's money don't take it go somewhere else. Its employees that have worked at this  more... company for 5 plus years and still make $16 an hour so you do the math  less
Pros
Coworkers. Hour lunches.
Cons
High health care. U don't get time off until 6 months. Micro managing. Not family oriented.
Terrible managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 30, 2018
I left because my manager was bi-polar. Some days he was quiet, others he was a screaming vulgar jerk. I will not name him but in attorney oversight, beware.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Terrible managers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 18, 2018
This was a new office that opened in North Aurora. There were a few bumps in the road when the office first opened however as time passed the eventually were worked out. Immediate manager and customer service manager were great to work with. This office had a team of senior reps who were always willing to help..
Pros
Friendly place to work.
Run away!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 16, 2018
I would 1st like to say I really hope you read this all the way through. I am not a bitter, scorned, fired, ex employee. I am still currently there and looking for my way out. If you want an honest accurate depiction of what working in the customer service call center is this is it.

This place sounded like a good opportunity. A good chance to learn more about the mortgage industry. It was a chance to learn more but that was the only opportunity it offered. They hire new people monthly because there is such a high turn over rate. You will start on either an 11-8 or 10-7 shift (can be changed after 6 months) and be told you get an hour lunch. I have been there over 4 years and have had an hour lunch less than 50 times. They cut it down to 30 min pretty much every day with little or no warning. You get used to that and just expect the 1/2 hour lunch. Its overtime so at least its extra money. (But watch your paycheck! We just settled a lawsuit because we were not getting paid fully for it) They also have mandatory overtime quite frequently without warning And it doesn't matter if you have other plans it's mandatory. They have "critical" days which are the 1st and 2nd of the month the 15th and 16th of the month and the last 2 days of the month and also every Monday. If you miss these days for any reason you will be written up. If you try to schedule these days off you will most likely be denied. If you miss work even if you have available time off it counts against your attendance. There over a 100 call center operators but they only have spots for 2 people to have off per
  more... day. So if you put a request for a day off around a holiday less than a year in advance you most likely will not get off. You do get the opportunity to earn extra time off if you have perfect attendance. You're supposed to use that extra time off within 2 months so you usually don't get to use it unless it's on a Tuesday. you will not be able to use it on a Monday or a Friday or a "critical" day. You will be micromanaged every day that you are there. Along with your 30 minute lunch you get 1 paid 15 minute break and 15 minutes of aux time which you can use at your discretion. So if you have to get up to use the bathroom 3 times outside your normal brakes and each of those brakes are 5 minutes long you've used all of your 15 min aux time. If you go over your break, lunch or aux by seconds you will be notified. And can be written up if you're over too many times. You are also required to maintain a minimum call requirement 75 calls per day and management only cares about quantity. (No excuses for long calls) Daily emails "get them on get them off be available to take the next call." The manager is awful. Absolutely no compassion It doesn't matter if your house burned down or your mom died the only thing that matters is that you're at work. One of the only good qualities of this job is the co-workers there are some really wonderful people here. Some of the coworkers tried to make the work experience better by trying to start monthly pot lucks. Management gets upset with those workers because it distracts them from taking calls. You also have to maintain a 90% quality rating. The standards for quality are based on how the monitoring rep interprets the requirements. So if 2 different quality representatives listen to the same call there's a good chance you would be getting a different score. You can of course dispute your monitor scores. But they will be denied. By the way; the quality rating has almost nothing to do with your actual quality. You can be an absolutely wonderful representative and give them more help than anyone has. The customer can sing your praises that you have resolved a problem they have been dealing with for months that no one else had previously been able to resolve. but if you miss one of their bs requirements (as in you dont word something or notate something properly) your call will be marked down and you will miss quality. If by some miracle you have perfect attendance you EXCEED your call expectations and EXCEED your quality within the month you can qualify for bonus. I've qualified for bonus once. I have spoken to other representatives and it seems like I'm more of the norm than the exception. Some other awesome perks of this place include disgusting bathrooms that although they are cleaned twice a day are always covered in water, a bug infestation, and if you dare look at your phone while you are in that building (other than breakroom) you can be fired immediately. I doesn't matter if you have kids that need to get in contact with you or are having a family emergency. Your phone needs to be turned off and inside a purse or bag. The benefits are ok you get 10 paid vacation days. You also get insurance but is extremely expensive. Because of all the overtime and attendance requirements it leaves no room to look fo another position which is the only reason I've been there so long. I have finally given up and dedicated all of my vacation time this year and sacrificed my attendance to allow call offs for interviews and finding anything else.
At the end of this review it asked me to rate the CEO I would love to but I've never met him in 4 years. Completely uninvolved. I can't even remember his name.
I hope the powers that be see this and make efforts to improve the current work environment, and until then I hope others looking for a position take my advice and run away.

Good luck!
Pros
You will learn a lot about mortgages, Awesome co-workers
Cons
Management, everything else
Very interesting and challenging position
Bankruptcy Billback Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 11, 2018
Prior knowledge I acquired from my previous position was a credit to the Dovenmuehle job . Dealing with attorneys , payments and legalities were my speciality.
I enjoyed the daily challenge of balance between A/R and A/P on our accounts.

People were outstanding and many friendships were made. These still hold true until today.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Non
Stressful, unrewarding, depressing, bad benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 10, 2018
DMI is my worst job ever. They sell you on working there with promises of making bonus, well I was there 3+ years and made bonus 3 times. You take calls non stop and forced overtime happens about every day. You are hired for 10-7 but end up only getting a 30 min lunch and they make you come in 30 min early so its a 10 hour day. Exhausting and you only get 1 15 min break and if you go over that 15 mins (take too long in the bathroom by a minute) you hear about it. Micromanaged every freaking second of your day and every call you take is recorded. You are marked off for policy changes you're informed about in emails that come in WHILE YOU ARE TAKING CALLS. Health insurance for you and spouse is over $700/mo, way too expensive and the plan is lousy. Training is minimal, you have to fly by the seat of your pants and mgrs don't have time or interest in assisting you to succeed. All absences are penalized including if you have a dr note. Customers don't understand that DMI services their loans and we are not their actual bank so you will talk to the dumbest, snottiest and rudest people non stop all day long. You can't hang up on them even if they call you racist names, or swear at you even calling reps the N and C words. Computer systems are outdated and work processes are illogical. Your rated on your call count which is the be-all and end all cause that's how DMI gets paid, so if you get high call counts that's great but you aren't helping those callers because issues take longer than 3 minutes if your really helping someone. The office is a dump, bathrooms are disgusting, work  more... spaces are bug infested. And raises don't happen every year and when you do get a raise it is .25/hour and that is the "high" amount. DMI has a new class in training for CSR jobs every single month and NO ONE stays. Its a revolving door of new employees who don't know what they're doing and the old timers have to fix their mistakes and get screamed at by rightfully angry homeowners. Other positions may be better but customer service and collections at DMI is a nightmare.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, a paycheck
Cons
Benefits too expensive, poor raises, unrealistic performance expectations
Dovenmuehle Experience
Payment Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 9, 2018
It is a okay place to work. Relax day. Can be busy environment. Casual work place. There are some very experience and knowledgeable people that work. The work culture it one that can take a moment to get used to, if is very different.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
micro managed and condescending attitiude by management
Mortgage Disposition (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 5, 2018
I feel I am not respected as an employee of DMI. I am replaceable even though I take my position so serious to do the best efficient job I can do .Management is pushing for 1 person to do the job of 3 and its a bit stressful and overwhelming everyday.
Awful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 5, 2018
You are notified of overtime last minute, if you need to leave early/come in late, they count it as an absence, even if you make up the time. There is no schedule flexibility. If you are sick and have a doctor's note you will still get written up (even with the flu epidemic this last winter). You will get written up for anything less than 90% on Quality and you find out what your quality scores were 2 months later, and if you get written up, you are told the next months scores(meaning the previous month since they are so far behind) have to be better or you will get written up again. How are you supposed to change/fix anything on a month that is already done?! For example we just got scores from April (in June)and if you were written up for April you are told May has to be 90% or you will get a second write up...you can't go back in time! HR will deny FMLA and IF they approve it, they will give you some made up reason for not giving you the full allowance of time.
Cons
Management, Hr
A very business oriented company
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 3, 2018
I left the company when they were laying off people . It was a good job but they started to lay people off. The location was a pretty far drive for me.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Far distance from where I lived
Good company to work for
Acquisitions Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 30, 2018
Daily assignments were stressful, but management was understanding and helpful. Everyone at the office was in a good mood most of the time. - Enjoy free lunch sometimes
Pros
Nice environment
has good and bad points
Service Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJune 20, 2018
It really depends what department and what management you work under. Under two managers I was not micromanaged and under two others I was. Some of the restrictions place on clothing and such do not make sense although they have softened recently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dovenmuehle Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight