Dover Artificial Lift Employee Reviews

Fun workplace because of the other employees, but bosses are go go go ! No down time , one of the worst managed facilities I have ever worked for .
Pump Tester (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 24, 2018
First of all my supervisor is a great , but there’s just way to much work and not enough people and the management team sucks they have no idea how to manage. They think just because they tell people to stay late and get it done that’s it , it will get done . It’s not like that if we work long hours we want to be compensated properly some departments get extra hours from the boss for working late and others it’s just like ok well u left here at 3 am , we need you here tomorrow by 8am like heck no why would anyone wanna work for a company like this . If our pay was based of of what we knew and not just what an HR person thinks we do , that would be great but if all you want to do is make lateral moves in the company and never move up . Well this is the place for you !!!!! Imagine getting paid 15.50 to start and some people that have about 6 year experience only get 20 when other companies are paying $2-$3 dollars more base salary. I am currently searching for a new esp company to work for I would recommend this job if u want to get divorced or have no kids and want to work long hours and make little money
Pros
Long lunches, flexible if need to take a day off suddenly
Cons
It’s all about the money for them work work work . They could care less about the employees
Boring and hot
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Verdigris, OKApril 17, 2018
If you like to stand on your feet 10-12 hours a day in a non climate controlled facility doing the same thing boring stuff day in day out with no opportunity of moving up than this is the company for you. I was told that I would get a $2 raise after I got hired on full time and only got quarter. Totally not worth my time.
Pros
Some good benefits, free fuit
Cons
Repetitive, long hours, no music allowed
Terrible place to work manager is a terrible person
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDFebruary 1, 2018
Don't waste your time. Horribly unorganized place to work. Stupid hours and management. Plan on things changing constantly and incredibly unreliable. Prepare to called in for stupid projects and minimal time. Don't plan on being promoted. Terrible
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Terrible boss stupid hours no guarantee of 40 on call all the time
Routine
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Routine with little movement in opportunities or salary, however, not a poor company to work for. If you don't mind going to work daily and being complacent, this is the place for you.
N/a
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 15, 2017
N/A They offered no formal training. Once I took the job I was left to fend for myself with very little guidance. There is a good amount of politics going on at Dover and I would not suggest taking a position there unless you are familiar with the industry.
pretty good job
Pump Tester (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 28, 2017
good benefits
great company
very good experiences work to this company, its about oilfield industry , here you make a good money and learn a lot of skills
Pros
great company
good
Pump Tester (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 24, 2016
very good company
this company its about manufacturing units going to oilfield
and my duty was tested units and make paper work about is good or bad units
No Communication.
HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 19, 2016
They hired me in January as a promising HSE Specialist and 3 months later laid me off due to "reconstructing their HSE program". How do you not know that the HSE Program is going to be changed 3 months prior?? Why hire me in the first place?
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Benefits, insurance, stability.
Good place to work.
Application Finance Lead (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 27, 2016
The work requires round the clock response, partly because of global presence. Responsibility is not confined to position. Need to reach out to business areas that are not part of the job. The company runs really lean, but values its employees. Management relies heavily on analysts ability to complete project and tasks. Co-workers are great - all self starters. Very cooperative, good team to work with. The hardest part of the job is re-engineering business process across all business unit. Most Managers and co workers values IT work.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Flexible work schedule - need constant monitoring.
One of the worst places anyone could work at
Field technician (Current Employee) –  Midland texasOctober 6, 2015
Management don't know what they are doing very lazy the pay sucks bad! They don't care about their employees and are very disrespectful and don't appreciate them not a very honest company to their customers nor their employees! Very sad!
Dover ALS
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2015
Great company, great support, great people, great pay, great benefits, great learning, great culture, great sales, great teamwork, bad oil/gas industry.
Different tasks everyday
OPERATIONS MANAGER SPIRIT ENERGY (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX - Minot, NDJuly 2, 2015
You never did the same thing from day to day and you met and worked with different people constantly.

Had to wear many different hats daily. Might go from sales, to service tech, to rig work running Downhole tools to the next day electrical work.

Learned to juggle several task at a time and project and time management, month to month operations with P&L, revenue forecast month to month, etc..
Pros
Managed my own schedule
Cons
Lack of man power
Irresponsible Top Mgmt in IT
IT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
They hire and fire people like they are changing clothes
Spend too much money on third party software and business partners. Projects take too much time to move and complete.

IT VP knows too little about ERP and software development, and makes big deal about small enhancements. Opaque decisions and communications. Bad leadership qualities and judgmental.

Company is very liberal on travel approvals.
HR Benefits are good.