Dover Downs Hotel & Casino Employee Review

View all Dover Downs Hotel & Casino reviews

Bartending
Waitress/Intern (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 7, 2014
I am a bartender, we normally get 4 shifts a week. work either 10:30am-6 or 5pm-1am. It does get busy from time to time, my coworkers are can be a pain sometimes but i believe the only reason for that is because it is a bunch of females. i love meeting new people at my job the customers are hilarious and can hold a great conversation.
Pros
half of food
Cons
angry coworkers, not enough benefits

Other Dover Downs Hotel & Casino Employee Reviews

I would not recommend working for Dover Downs
Counter Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 13, 2018
I worked the 10pm-6am shift. I learned how to cook all the soups and hot sandwich foods needed on the line. When it comes to management, it was lacking. It was very difficult to talk to anyone on the management level no matter what time of day you are there, and even if you do get to talk to someone they seem nonchalant with what you are telling them. The hardest part of the job was having a difficulty and trying to contact any form of management or maintenance. The most enjoyable part was working with fellow employees to ensure they get the food the wanted for their breaks and the fact that I was able to work alone.
Good
Banquet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 3, 2018
Good place of employment
Provided room for advancement
Communication is key in the work environment and the managers made working there fun
Understanding people
Pros
occasional food pros