Dow Building Services Employee Reviews

Love my job!
Office assistant/day float (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 9, 2019
Management is awesome and so is our team. Everybody works together and it feels like a family environment! We competed in the Christmas parade last year and won first place commercial division! That would not have been possible without our team and families coming together and making it happen. We got to be celebrities for a night!
Pros
Paid vacations days, medical, dental, vision
Cons
Productive and fun a good place to work. All weekends you have off
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 1, 2019
You will just have to apply and have fun while you work we love it. We work with a lot of great customers, they love us. We love them as well. Can't wait to go to work the next day I really have fun on the job. The whole 6 years that I have been here. And it is room to move up the ladder.
Pros
Benefits are taken out of your paycheck
Cons
Healthcare is very exspensive
Been promised a raise, still no raise. Been here a year.
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Demascous, ar. Judsonia and Cleveland ArkansasJanuary 18, 2019
The manager lies, raises are just wishful thinking. The pay sucks and you are over worked. Don't get my supplies when I need it. Nothing good to say
Was ok at first.
Fraud
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2018
This company will promise you a raise but you will never see it.. The management is bad plus some of them have bad attitudes.. They are some cut throat people..

Don't waste your time here..
Pros
No raise lack of hours
Cons
Don't work here
It's a job
Assistant Manager/Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2018
Its a job. You really can't complaining to much due to job shortage now days. However, I would not recommend this job due to how stressful the environment was and they way your were treated by the nursing and medical staff.
Benefits
Cons
The medical staff of higher power was rude and very disrespectful.
Terrible management
Janitorial(Floater) (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2018
Could be a better place to work with the change of some management and supervisors. Dow is ok place to work but some rules are only for some employees.
Cons
Productive, and a good environment to work in, plus nice people to work with and for.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoy working there, and even though i work alone. If there's any time i need the help, someone is always there to help. Tips on the job, just try to stay focused and you'll do just fine.
Pros
Free toiletry and paper towels.
Cons
No health care, no insurance and no paid vacations.
Dow Building Services
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARNovember 30, 2017
Typical day would consist of fast paced work with an average of 8 miles walked per day. Management was poorly educated and ignored the supervisor and employee input. Often times duties were poorly scheduled and organized due to managements lack of willingness to work and take input from the supervisors and employees and their concerns. There was no to little benefits and job security and disiplinary actions were not carried out in accordance with the company policy as well as time spent at this company and job completion or dependability were not taken into account.
only good about this job was working by my self
Janitorial Staff (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 24, 2017
started out to be a good job first couple of months then had new management come in with no clue as to what was going on or what to do. was training new employees which of course was the supervisors job that he had no clue about any of the buildings that we had to clean. worked long hours with a promise of hiring additional help that never showed. worst company i have ever worked for. they praise the sorry workers and the ones that worked hard got crapped on. don't let them suck you in. the low pay is not worth the stress they make on an employee.
Pros
drove company vehicle
Cons
job sucks
physical walking and working
custodian (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARApril 9, 2017
we would start the day off with a meeting and continue with our day. I learned that my job could help save people and it made me feel really good. management was very good respectful and always gave people chances and motivated everyone to do better. the workplace culture was really good and the hardest part of the job was stripping and waxing the floors to make it perfect. my most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone and knowing I was saving peoples lives by cleaning production room that made hospital supplies and know that the cleaning I did would help other people not just myself but everyone including my co workers.
Pros
for our hard work through the year we would get free turkeys
Cons
really bad water leaks and resanitizing rooms
none (Former Employee) –  springdale arDecember 22, 2016
They say this is part time but then you waste your time to go in fill out the paperwork and they tell you they have no part time work
Shady buissness
N/A (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 8, 2016
Do not work for this company. You will never get a raise. You will get lied to. You will have to clean up after the lazy employees and supervisors. They don't know how to make schedules. They are very shady people.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No raises, no perks, nothing good
Fun and laid back
Building Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 6, 2015
This is a great part time job to work. Easy money and the management is awesome. I highly recommend this company for anyone looking for a good part time job.
A great company
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 1, 2015
Dow is an awesome company. I recommend anyone who's seeking for a full-time or part-time job. Dow's staff is friendly, trustworthy, and understandable.
it pays the bills
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Mtn Home, TNDecember 28, 2014
while employed with Dow Building Services I have worked in most capacities of the job. however, after 20yrs of service I have never truly satisfied certain aspects of the job. Fortunately I have maintained good rapport with management and most coworkers. I would have to the most satisfactory part of this job has been the consistent work schedule enjoying the same days off weekly.
Pros
consistent work schedule
Cons
only benefits being $100 bonus after 5yrs of service.
Paid for a picnic during the summer with drawings for gifts.
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 27, 2014
It was a great second job which kept me on my toes. In the six years that I worked for Dow I worked at different buildings and one building I was the lead person. I had to make sure not only my portion of the duties were done but the other co-workers duties were done also. I ordered the supplies that were needed and had to make sure that the supply closet was kept in neat order. The hardest part of the job was having to do the building myself. Still had the same time table and each building was different due to its size. In the last building I worked at was to be done by both of us in 2 hours and 45 minutes but for one person the time doubled.
Pros
Dow gave awards for employee of the month and clean closet award.
Cons
There were no breaks
Small chance for advancement
Area supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 9, 2014
I start my day by getting my workers together and assigning them their job duties. I then leave to check my other buildings I supervise.
I have any where between 15 to 20 buildings I am responsible for doing weekly inspections in each am also responsible for training all new workers and overseeing there work performance.
A great company too work for.
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  No. Little RockMay 4, 2012
It a good company to work for. The supervisors are nice. It a very laid back job. There was health benefit offer but I work part time .
Fun and Productive
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ArkansasMarch 16, 2012
I enjoyed working for this employer.The Management was overall good to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.