Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Not a fun experience
Technical Project manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 19, 2018
Extremely old school.Only spend money on upper level management and disregard the mid level .Not a good culture to work.
Did not like the management .Not a good place to work as contractor.
Pros
Has a workout place
Cons
very negative environment and extremely disorganized
Learned Quite a Few New Skills
Communications Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 12, 2018
Dow Jones uses the Google collaborative suite (gmail, docs, slides, sheets, etc.), which allowed me an opportunity to learn how to work with new tools. Really enjoyed the team I had to work with!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Wasn't permitted to work from home which is often easier for someone who does a lot of writing
For a smaller help desk group, it was good
IT analyst (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJApril 19, 2018
35 hour work weeks, good amount of vacation days, relaxed but helpful team support.

However, not so much in career advancement as I would have liked, and the rotating shifts was also affecting motivation.
Very competitive, on th edge lving
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 16, 2018
Being a media company, very fast p0aced, cut throat competitive and exciting as always, Very demanding job life. Tend to lose work life balance depending on the job role.
Nice people, nice working environment, project direction is chaotic
Senior Business Systems Analyst & UX Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
I liked work here quite a bit. Learned a lot. Taught a lot. Project was pressured but the general atmosphere is collegial and relaxed. Project scope and methods kept changing.
Pros
Nice people, interesting projects, good place to learn
Cons
Management changes project direction daily
It's a god company but they are cheap
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 10, 2018
The benefits are great but the pay isn't. Since you're union, the raise isn't based off your performance. Once you hit all your tiers, you only get 3% each year after. They do play favorites at times. If you aren't a suck up, you may not advance
Pros
good benefits and PTO policy
Cons
scheduled breaks, no grace period to be on time, pay is not enough
Competitive Fast moving environment.
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2018
Projects broke most of the PM rules. Often moving targets caused projects to miss deadlines. Inter department communications was good but consensus on target goals were not always in alignment. Way to much of the "that's not the way we do things" in the conversations. Projects i started from scratch went fine. Had to rework the projects I inherited.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Goal conflicts
World-class
SOUTHWESTERN REGIONAL SALES MGR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Awesome experience working for a great brand. Enjoyed opportunities for growth surrounded by high quality individuals. Culture, and leadership were filled with passion, curiosity and a clear sense of objectives.
Draining place to work
Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2018
promotions are based on relationships/friendships.
the same people get promoted and its not because they are the most hardworking either.

management throws holiday parties for themselves and then give employees the leftovers by putting the food in the middle of the room.

sexist culture.
Pros
Pto
Cons
you dont matter.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Dow Jones is a great place to work, is flexible and has good benefits. Management is visible and work side-by-side with employees. I was able to take advantage of their flexible hours while raising my children.
Pros
Dow Jones works with their employees.
Collaborative environment with humor
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my six month internship here; the boss was hilarious but restpectful, and the coworkers were easy to get along with. I filed newspapers and books at Dow Jones, and I was deeply involved in teamwork.
This was an marketing experiment with The Wall Street Journal.
Southeast Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
This an interesting experiment. We were all senior sales managers and we introduced a specialized web-based version of the Journal to the Fortune 500.
Pros
It was an adventure
Cons
The experiment was not terribly successful.
N/a
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
no room for growth, alot of management changes and comp and benefits were not street standard. Few options to move into new roles and opportunities as well as little to no training.
Desktop Refresh
Desktop IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJanuary 2, 2018
Even though I was only there for a few months, it was a great experience to work for Dow Jones. It was a enterprise corporation and the work culture there was surreal. Its pretty amazing to work for a news media corp, and you get to see what really goes on there. I would gladly work for this company again if they hired me.
Pros
free coffee and tea, very relaxed workplace
Cons
it was a contract position
Know What You Want
Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 30, 2017
Push for what you want.. Many times opportunities will not be be handed to you and you will need to make an effort to have management know you are hungry for more. If you do not speak up then you will be overlooked.
Place had changed
Director, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2017
Global exposure, interesting product line up, technology drives business, management can be highly political. Great opportunities to create your own personal brand. Most enjoyable part of job is that as a contributor, you can really make an impact.
Pros
smart employees
Cons
Fickle senior management
Very nice place. Very friendly people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
Dow Jones was a great place to work. A day at work was always nice. The people were friendly. We had fun while working hard to accomplish goals. Managers were always on top of things and pushing you to work hard, but never micro managing. The hardest was at the end of the year getting out the mass mailing, but fun because we had so many partners that were satisfied with the service we were giving them. If not for the out sourcing of my duties, I'd still be there.
Pros
Working for a growing company.
Cons
None applicable
Good experience, but the supervisor did not help
News Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
Learned a lot and think I have become a better researcher and worker, but the supervisor was very difficult to work with, which is a shame since I wanted to do more for the company. Although it was ultimately not the best fit, working there was worthwhile since I was able to gain a stronger set of skills with respect to finding info and figuring out the facts.
Fast paced, but fun, lots of energy in an environment of intelligent people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 18, 2017
At Dow Jones Indexes, we started as a Domestic Business Unit, but eventually moved to become Dow Jones Global Indexes, that meant our sales team grew, as well as my knowledge of various cultures (England, France, Spain, China, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan). We created offices in each of these countries. This meant that I brought work home at night so I had a home office where I could work remotely, which was good for the company.
Pros
Learned to build a brand, A start-up, A new revenue unit within a large corporation
Cons
long hours, without overtime
Fantastic Corporate Structure
Executive Assistant/Profiles Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
The best experience ever! The executive officers are the best in the industry. Supportive management with an astounding employee staff. It is very surprising when an employee wants to leave the Dow Jones corporate structure. The company offers a great return policy for some employees.
Pros
Great for employees with families!
Cons
Sorry guys, I worked for a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.