Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Hated it
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick, NJOctober 2, 2018
Can I please take a moment to underscore how much I hated this place? The people, culture, everything Dow. After Newscorp acquired, it was like the British Invasion! The Brits are coming, the Brits were fawking here 😩 until I, American, couldn’t take it anymore!
Pros
Nada
Typical Corporate Gig
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Lots of cubicles. Typical corporate structure where one is rewarded with advancement if they went to the same school as a department head. If not, you will be stuck in your position forever or until you leave, because the HR emails that come around trying to rah-rah you for open internal job openings are all bogus because a person has already been pegged for the role and the job description taking up kilobytes in your inbox was only prepared and sent out so the company could meet it's EOE requirements. Other than that it's okay.
Pros
Good culture with a ton of Asians and West Indians to work with
Cons
Typical corporate gig.
Excellent Experience
Delivery Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Dow Jones provides lots of experience and lots of in House training. They provide training for you current Job and even training in CPR and other courses.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Dow Jones
Senior Director - Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 29, 2018
Nice offices in New Jersey. Good people geared towards wanting to make a difference and making their work count. Super smart engineers driving innovation.
Contractor
Paralegal, Due Diligence Research Editor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJAugust 24, 2018
I worked as a contractor for Due Diligence. When the contract ended I was given no notice as promised to me by management. Not sure what they can do to change that.
Management uniformed - lack of movement
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 21, 2018
People seem to get promoted on who they know instead of what they know. Performance is not even considered. They tend to underpay for jobs and most technology departments are being outsourced.
Dow Jones is a print/online publisher focusing on business and financial news.
Digital Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2018
Dow Jones is a publishing company that has existed for over a 100 years and has managed to increase its print subscriptions while adding its publications to the online format.
It is a fast-paced environment as its employees cover breaking news and in-depth analysis of the financial markets.
Management tends to be forward thinking by being to maintain its solid reputation while expanding into new areas and formats to attract new readers and subscribers.
Pros
Benefits are very good. Hours are flexible.
Cons
There can be pressure when working on deadline and certain days the hours can be long.
Exciting fast paced work place environment
Chemical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJuly 21, 2018
Really enjoyed this experience and knowledge gained in this position. Enjoyed entire working crew always worked as strong team members. Took pride in accuracy of production.
Pros
Additional knowledge and advancement
Cons
Contract
Decent place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at dow jones for a while, it was a good way to start out but eventually the work in the mailroom office became too much for me to really handle after a while, basically, it took its total on my back so I have to venture out and find something new
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
If injured on the job no benefits
Not a fun experience
Technical Project manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 19, 2018
Extremely old school.Only spend money on upper level management and disregard the mid level .Not a good culture to work.
Did not like the management .Not a good place to work as contractor.
Pros
Has a workout place
Cons
very negative environment and extremely disorganized
Learned Quite a Few New Skills
Communications Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 12, 2018
Dow Jones uses the Google collaborative suite (gmail, docs, slides, sheets, etc.), which allowed me an opportunity to learn how to work with new tools. Really enjoyed the team I had to work with!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Wasn't permitted to work from home which is often easier for someone who does a lot of writing
For a smaller help desk group, it was good
IT analyst (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJApril 19, 2018
35 hour work weeks, good amount of vacation days, relaxed but helpful team support.

However, not so much in career advancement as I would have liked, and the rotating shifts was also affecting motivation.
Very competitive, on th edge lving
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 16, 2018
Being a media company, very fast p0aced, cut throat competitive and exciting as always, Very demanding job life. Tend to lose work life balance depending on the job role.
Nice people, nice working environment, project direction is chaotic
Senior Business Systems Analyst & UX Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
I liked work here quite a bit. Learned a lot. Taught a lot. Project was pressured but the general atmosphere is collegial and relaxed. Project scope and methods kept changing.
Pros
Nice people, interesting projects, good place to learn
Cons
Management changes project direction daily
It's a god company but they are cheap
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 10, 2018
The benefits are great but the pay isn't. Since you're union, the raise isn't based off your performance. Once you hit all your tiers, you only get 3% each year after. They do play favorites at times. If you aren't a suck up, you may not advance
Pros
good benefits and PTO policy
Cons
scheduled breaks, no grace period to be on time, pay is not enough
Competitive Fast moving environment.
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 1, 2018
Projects broke most of the PM rules. Often moving targets caused projects to miss deadlines. Inter department communications was good but consensus on target goals were not always in alignment. Way to much of the "that's not the way we do things" in the conversations. Projects i started from scratch went fine. Had to rework the projects I inherited.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Goal conflicts
World-class
SOUTHWESTERN REGIONAL SALES MGR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Awesome experience working for a great brand. Enjoyed opportunities for growth surrounded by high quality individuals. Culture, and leadership were filled with passion, curiosity and a clear sense of objectives.
Draining place to work
Assoicate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2018
promotions are based on relationships/friendships.
the same people get promoted and its not because they are the most hardworking either.

management throws holiday parties for themselves and then give employees the leftovers by putting the food in the middle of the room.

sexist culture.
Pros
Pto
Cons
you dont matter.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Dow Jones is a great place to work, is flexible and has good benefits. Management is visible and work side-by-side with employees. I was able to take advantage of their flexible hours while raising my children.
Pros
Dow Jones works with their employees.
Collaborative environment with humor
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my six month internship here; the boss was hilarious but restpectful, and the coworkers were easy to get along with. I filed newspapers and books at Dow Jones, and I was deeply involved in teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

49%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss