Dow Technologies

Dow Technologies Employee Reviews

Great culture in a family-owned, family-friendly company. Only a few high positions will ever change. If you're adaptable and happy doing what they hire you for, consistently, a great place.
You have to constantly worry about losing your job because they will fire you with no warning. Also they micro manage the heck out of you. Constantly watching you while on your tail.
to many constant changes it made you feel your job was not secure the co-workers where great and I enjoyed them very much ,but I feel they relied on a false culture to make it seem like a great place to work
Call on new and existing customers. Consisting reporting on daily activities. Some overnight and extended stay travel involved on a weekly basis. Trade show participation required.
It’s a good place to work if u want long hours. Management is ok with u and they don’t bother u at all. But during winter or summer while in the warehouse u will feel it all. But in the other hand, it’s a decent place to work.
This position was what you made it . It allowed me to learn the roles of a HR coordinator and be able to strive for a better career. The transparency in the company made getting to know each other a lot better . You have complete access to all VP’s and even the CEO of the company . This was a position that you seen everything that was promised.
I worked for this company for five years in there Data Entry Department. I learned about there different promotions for getting Dish Network. I worked on the computer all day processing Claims. I enjoyed what I did but they where changing there policy on how the claims would be processed. which left the department with no work.
Another great family owned business. Owners were a husband and wife that both worked in the home regional office which is where I worked. Very friendly always checking on their people to what they could do to help improve the working environment.
I call on my dealers that I have in my territory. I help my customers get activations. We go over changes in the industry, marketing and events how to being in my business. The hardest part of the job is to make the customer understand that that you can't sit still and expect people to walk in the door. You have to make them want to come in the door.
Pros
Cons
Travel
A typical day at work included inventory, and cleaning the showroom. On Wednesdays I would unload the truck along with my co-worker. After we unloaded the truck we would inventory the merchandise. In the evening we would pull or scan and inventory the orders for the following day that would be delivered. On mondays would be the typical inventory in which we would count all the items in the store. After which I would then count petty cash from time to time.
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, good work days
Cons
long hours occasionaly and small space
Pros
Centrally Located
Cons
Pay and Parking
Everyday was something new to learn from safety to doing your job from very good people like myself I was a big part of the leadership team also as an supervisor this place made sure everyone was happy everyday from pay even down to the benefits and also did something every friday to show how much they appreciated the employees.
Pros
Had big lunch events every friday.
Cons
None at all
This is great place to work. Management is very good and responsive. They pay the industry average. Co-workers are great to work with. Very interesting products.
A typical day at work was crazy busy but time went by fast. what I learned is how to be a leader an how not to let yourself get in the way of other. Management was very well. my co-worker was the best and very hard workers. the hardest part of the job was restocking but it got easier day by day most enjoyable part of the job is knowing someone else seeing the hard work that you put in the job everyday.
Pros
Cons
Closed down
Fun place to work with excellent upper Management. On the down side, job / work family life balance is not there. Lots of traveling and drive time to different company locations and different work/job sites
The manager at the 10709 Granite Street, Charlotte North Carolina location is horrible she cuss out people, unprofessional, nasty attitude, a lot of people have came and left. I don't see that location lasting.
Pros
Zero
Cons
I worked with great co-workers a long time. We would help each others with problems with customers. I was on the phone making call outs to around 70 dealers and also took calls in. I did a verity of jobs and was always moving up. I started out in purchasing than went to sales. I also started their first order control desk and trained others for it.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
No morning and afternoon breaks.
take care of customer order for pick up clean warehouse stock warehouse pull orders for delivery
Great co-workers. Good shift and schedule; no weekends and nights. Overall atmosphere is pretty good, but can be very stressful and make you want to leave at times. Difficult to advance or branch out. Some of the opportunities that become available are not always given to the people who deserve them or should get them. Micro-management is out of control. Some management decisions make you shake your head. Duties become repetitive and tedious.
Pros
Great co-workers! Work with good people. Good shift/schedule.
Cons
Too much micro-management. Repetitive and tedious work.
Over all, a great place to work; great hours, laid back atmosphere(low stress level), great working conditions, friendly people. Learned to work with customers well; learned how to manage a small facility(store manager was on the road three days per week), This required being a self starter, making proper decisions, opening and closing of facility, supervising two other employees. Responsible for all sales transactions, including credit cards, checks, cash, making cash deposits, and all daily sales records. Also responsible for keeping all customers satisfied(handling any complaints or questions customers might have), as well as setting up new customers.
Pros
Great hours, great atmosphere, great people
Cons
Poor communication between local store and headquarters, poor training programs
Great co-workers and customers are very nice. Company downsizing and terminated drivers position. Sales are low and no room for advancement.
Pros
Employee discounts on products
Cons
Healthcare
  1. Employee Reviews