DownEast Basics Management reviews

Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sugarhouse SlcApril 24, 2018
It was a great job. I loved the management. They couldn’t offer a lot of hours. It was a fun work environment and laidback. I recommend working there.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Few hours
Great first job, easy going and productive.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I've definitely grown, personality wise, since I started working here. Management always sees potential in their employees and encourages them to progress throughout the time working there.
Pros
Snacks, easy going environment.
Cons
No paid lunch break
Easy and rewarding job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 12, 2016
I am a seasonal employee at Downeast Roseville and I love it here! Everyone is super nice and helpful. The managers are very organized and nice. It can get boring when no one is in the store but other than that its a great job. Would definitely recommend its easy, fun and rewarding.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours, fun, nice girls, organized management
Cons
The music
Relaxed and Flexible
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 9, 2016
With all of the horror stories I have heard about retail, I was pleasantly surprised by this job. The company we work under encourages a relaxed, family-oriented, and friendly environment for the customers, which translates well over to the work environment. It is a pretty laid-back place to work, with lots of flexibility in hours and task assignments.

The store takes pride in its presentation, so we have gotten a lot of training and how to be effective in customer service. Even in the tasks that take more training, we have clear instructional aides how to complete them without issues, and management is always on call.

Both management and employees are empathetic to personal issues and are flexible in covering shifts where needed. The employees have never created a hostile work environment, and I look forward to working with them when I come in.

Sometimes communication with corporate takes longer than expected, but managers are always aware of the issues employees have and are working to solve problems quickly and thoroughly.

All in all, I am grateful to have found this job. It's very laid-back, rewards hard work, and gives opportunities for advancement. As far as retail goes, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly and efficient work environment
Cons
Some cheezy music
I liked it until...
Sales Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 13, 2016
I loved my job when i first started working here. A typical day of work would be helping customers (opening dressing rooms, using the register, helping pick out outfits). I learned a lot from this job. I became better at customer service and got really good at handling money and learning how to work alone.
However, after getting new management the job was not as enjoyable because of the constant micro managing and favoritism. There was a full month where I didn't see my manager at all. She left early every day and always blew up our phones (which i didn't like). Not very understanding either. I would say the hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant negativity from management, and the enjoyable part was the cute boutique vibes and my amazingly kind coworkers.
Pros
Flexible with your schedule
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2013
A typical day at work would be making sure everything stays nice and neat, greeting the customers as they come in and as they leave. I've learned a lot from working here.. I have learned how to be much more of a team player, I have also learned how to communicate better. The management is great and my co workers are all so outgoing and fun to work with and be around. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is when it is not so busy because I'm so ready to talk to people and sell stuff and when nobody comes in I just make things neat that are already neat. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer comes in asking for a specific item and I am able to help them. Especially when it is for an occasion and I am able to help them put together an entire outfit. It makes me feel really great.
Productive work place, with lots of fun people!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 11, 2013
A typical day at work would be coming in and jumping right to it! Fixing up the clothes, putting the shipment away and making sure customers are satisfied. I learned how to work better as a team and cope under a lot of stress. Management was excellent. I really enjoyed the co workers I had, it was nice having people wanting to work as hard as I did. The hardest part of the job would be, when you're there alone and it gets super busy and the line gets long. The most enjoyable was being with my awesome co workers, laughing and just having a good time.