Downer Group

• Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Inconsistentcy

Would be great if one knew how long the shut would really be, very often one is called up for a week and get sent home after 3 days (not good) hence all the good workers jump ship to other companies

Personal assistant

This is the best company I've work with. I'm going on my 6 year and I love my job. The feeling of helping others not for the money but to give back and appreciate is beyond amazing. The " clients " you'd work with become family and it's the best bond one can have while simply helping with kindness.

Good company to stay

Good company to stay, team leader and college very helpful, I am contractor based tradesman here, reason leave is because they lost Foxtel contract due to Foxtel business getting down.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Productive,there's a harmony working with everyone.

Working with my co-workers is very relaxed they are like a family and very helpful to everyone,management is they treat everybody very special,and if you need any equipment or tools for any job they will provide everything. Very concern for everyone health and safety.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

It was okay

A typical day at work was just fast paced, always on your feet. It wasn't bad. Its what i expected. i only had problems when it came to needing time off. they didn't allow the days i needed off. (and let me just say, i didn't ask for many days off at all)

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Fifo

I worked FIFO on a 2/1 roster, enjoyed the job and had a good crew with plenty of variety of machinery to work on. The hardest part of the job is being away from family but on your week off you can spend all the time with them.

Productive and fun

Great staff and work environment. Managing partner has very strong family values and christian beliefs. Fair work allocation.

Challenging, fun environment, really great pay

A typical day at work was never the same. This is what I loved about the job. Every morning we would have three to seven clients that would come in to pick up their settlement checks out of trust so I had to prepare the checks. After settlement I had to pay out the trust account. It was very important to be sure that the trust account balanced. I was also responsible for paying all the company bills like rent, utilities, insurance, etc.. Now it would be time to work up the new settlements that had come in. If there was Medicare, Medicaid or a Workers Comp lien special care had to be taken. Management was great as well as my co-workers. I guess the hardest part of the job would be the interruptions but I also loved the interruptions. It made every day go by really quickly!!

Pros

Provided us with drinks and snacks. Also lunch on Friday.

Cons

Wasn't crazy about the location.

Good workplace with BBQ every last day of nightshift

Enjoyable place to work. Commitment from all departments. Management encourage positive culture such as sense of ownership, open communication. Everyone enjoys working as a team. The hardest part of the day is when parts are not available to complete a job. Accomplishing what one has started

First rate attitude to safety

A typical day at work starts with a prestart meeting covering safety issues performance and job allocation's for the day.The jobs are then planned and completed in a timely safe manner.My co workers were very professional.The hardest part of the job when it was nessecary to work in full sun on the hottest days.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the plant in operation .

Pros

good co workers

Cons

bus travel to site everyday

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Downer Group?

productive and safe enviroment

;everyone socializing,beeing happy and always having a cofee;i learnt how to work with traffic in a safe way with traffic control;management was always there to look after the wokers on and off sites;all co workers got on well and never were any one putting eachother down.alot of respect;getting to operate heavy machinery

Pros

sometimes got shouted a barbecue

Cons

rained off alot and not enough work

Great production and work ethic

The company is great to work for. Production is great and team ethic is very good. Safety is a top priority.The roster is really very good. Seven days on and seven days off. This enables plenty of even time with work and family. There are oppotunities to better yourself within the industry. Camp and meals provided plus gym, bar etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downer Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Downer Group with

• Downer Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?