Downtown Wholesalers Employee Reviews

Can be a lot better.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 10, 2019
This place sells water supplies. The owner/VP of sales is focused on making money. There is always a hectic last week of the month. They have potential to be a big company but being cheap will hinder their success. Closet world always bails them out and they are not financially successful. I wouldn’t waste my time applying or working here. You will get a old list of clients that have been called so much they don’t like DTW and question the business ethics of the company. Nice people but bad business sense.
Pros
8-5, sometimes they provided lunch. Nice people.
Cons
You get talked down too, you get questioned and ridiculed when you don’t log sales.
Run do not walk
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CASeptember 10, 2018
come to a smelly and dark office and they even got the ceiling falling in from water and mold

i left a while ago but still thank my stars everyday that im not theyre
Pros
Cons
mean boss and staff and no supplies or respect for the staff
International Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 16, 2018
If you are not a self starter, lack motivation, can't take directions, don't like to work, and have a negative attitude then DTW is not a place for you. I'm assuming that's why people would write negative reviews. This is a fast growing company with lots of potential to grow and make a career for yourself.

Fast pace environment where there is no room for office drama (I LOVE THIS) . The VP has an open door policy and is always willing to listen to suggestion and provide honest feedback, there is no sugar coating here, another great attribute about this company.
Pros
Not a micromanagement palace
Cons
Sometimes the drive
Great Company!!
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 15, 2018
The culture of this company is great, it is a positive work environment where people feel appreciated.
The difference when working for this company is that the management thinks big and is full of passion so it is always exciting and new things are always happening! Be ready for a fast-paced environment!
You will receive great training from the top, they will expect a lot, but when you work hard here you will be noticed!
Pros
Great company to work for, they treat you with respect, and there is room for other opportunities.
Cons
could also be a pro, it is face paced. Have to be able to keep up.
Great visions with a great future
Marketing department (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 15, 2018
At DTW there is always constant change. I come to work everyday facing new problems and new objectives. All the employees in my field are dedicated and focused. The company is led by a very smart CEO that has set a very good direction for the company. Overall, it’s a great company to come learn and develop your future to grow. There is A LOT of room to grow!
Pros
Good people, good opportunities
Great Company and Growing Fast
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAMay 15, 2018
Pros

Really great leadership.
Excellent opportunity to learn more and grow.
Great pay and benefits.
Best environment to work in
The company is growing at a very fast pace.There is so much room to grow and many opportunities to advance from within.

Cons

- Due to how fast the company is growing, some procedures are a little slow.

Overall it is a demanding job but if you work hard you will get rewarded with not only a job but a career.
Stay Away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 13, 2018
I was hired and told there would be 2 weeks training, then have the ability to have a book of business over 50 k having base plus paid on book of business. I was trained by assistants and not sales people. The so called book of business I was given was a list that was called on for my two weeks of training. They send out a catalog to companies every week,and want you to call your clients every week, companies in this business only order once a month at best, so what they do is scare off most companies,and they have lack of vision! Needless to say that list I was given did not produce many sales,as it was just called upon. The told me it was not working out,they called me on a Saturday to let me go! Do not waist your time on this place!
Pros
Cons
Many
Extremely Competitive and fast paced environment very fun.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Downtown wholesalers has been the best company i have worked for in my Carrier. The company is a very fast paced environment and extremely competitive. Most employees who work here are very friendly and we all get along. The only struggle is keeping up with the change.
Great place to develop your skills in the warehouse industry.
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Its a great place to learn how to work in the warehouse industry. The jobs there require employees to be pro active, and if your assertive enough you could learn a lot about the job.
Pros
Consisten hours, fair pay, and short commute.
Cons
The firtilizer fields around the warehouse could be unbareble sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Downtown Wholesalers. Our community is ready to answer.

Downtown Wholesalers Reviews by Location