Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews

Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Profesional admistfere, dybti work with staff, everyone is healthful and works tries to accomated prairie staffbthe steph vest they can. Recommend this facility.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Room for growth
Extremely well run and great environment to be in
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 24, 2018
Working at Doylestown Hospital in the transport department was really great and I learned a lot from the people that I worked with. I look forward to doing more work like this in the future.
As A Phlebotomist This Company Gave Me A Mass Amount Of Experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 20, 2018
Working here was a great experience! The people are hard working and great! I learned so much and got a lot of Lab experience. Sadly the pay should be increased due to the lack of under staffing. Management does not have any empathy for the staff or how hard they work. Apply here at your own risk!
Pros
Great Employee's, Great Hospital!
Cons
Management Should Pay Employees What They Are Worth!
excellent place to work
ANESTHESIA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 17, 2018
hard working caring people, excellent care to patient. Surgeons with great skills and years of experience. New invasive procedures performed with great outcomes.
Pros
excellent healthcare
Cons
wishning employees health plans did not decrease
Nothing done ever good enough for laboratory management.
Lead Technologist, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 3, 2018
Compensation/benefits commensurate with market. Good attempts at guiding employees towards more healthful lifestyles: healthy alternatives in cafeteria given employee discount, gym reimbursements.
Pros
Good hours, holiday rotations not required.
Cons
Extremely confusing as to what management wanted, far too many hairs split.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 15, 2018
I really loved working there except for the management. I prefer working for someone who takes responsibility for running a dept. seriously, not as a bother. Plenty of problems in the dept that she can't be bothered with and It deteriorated quickly. Co-workers picked and chose what jobs they felt like doing and they left the rest to others to pick up and finish.

I have very high work ethics and working for a narcissist who had no idea what our jobs were, I decided to leave.
Don't for one minute think that you are valued
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 7, 2018
Laid off after 20 years of service. No severance. Treat their employees horribly. Was told that the CMO states that NP/PA's are second class citizens.
General Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 4, 2018
The environment at Doylestown Hospital is warm and friendly, while the employees are cohesive and attentive to patient care. It is a well kept hospital, appealing in a nuteral color palette. Benifits are adequate but could be better for employees. The computer process used for yearly insurance maintance and discounts can be confusing to accomplish.
My particular department lacks organizational skills, and at times can seem a little chaotic. However, everyone is friendly and patient care is provided in a timely and efficient manner. We all lean on each other functioning as a team to do the best for our healthcare clients.
Pros
ample openings for extra work hours
Cons
lunch or meal breaks lack structure
Flexibklity with On'Call hours, weekend program and PRN status.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 14, 2018
Spent 33 years at Doylestown Hospital. The last 20 year were enjoyed in Maternal-child services. Worked with post partum mothers and infants. Some experience in Special care Nursery and Lactation assistance.
Cons
No advancement for LPN to increase work status, Unable to increase my status from weemends and On-Call hours, Would have liked to change status to full time.
A Cleaning day
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 4, 2018
I loved this hospital. They didn't pay enough money but this is a very nice place. Worked in maternity and cleaned up after several surgeries. Hardest part was when several people were being discharged I would clean up to 20 rooms a night. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to witness lots of different surgeries.
Pros
very teachable
Cons
N/a
typical hospital atmosphere
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 17, 2018
could improve customer service and medical staff attitudes. health insurance cost and responsibilities is too high. focus should be more on patients instead of having staff have paperwork and additional work outside their job duties.
Pros
raises
Cons
high cost for benefits
Dh
Acute Care/Telemetry Unit, Staff RN/Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work! I work with a great team and I feel the culture is really focused on the patients. It is an honor to be able to work in my own community.
Community Based Hospital
Accounts Receivable Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 31, 2018
Doylestown Hospital is a great place to work. It is very community based and most of the staff, administration, volunteers and physicians live locally. The hospital is focused on helping our patients from the moment they walk into the door until the final bill is paid. Doylestown hospital wants to make each step of the process from scheduling an appointment to verifying costs of services to speaking with financial counselors and making the financial responsibility less of a burden and work for each individuals needs and situations. Doylestown hospital tries to provide staff with every opportunity of educating or providing additional programs around the clock to work for each associates schedule. Doylestown invests themselves in each associate to keep a long future for them at Doylestown Hospital.
Pros
educational class and seminars, discounts on health insurance
Cons
n/a
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 24, 2018
Great job! I really enjoyed working there as a volunteer. The hospital always had friendly staff and volunteers who greeted and assisted everyone including new hires. Data entry position was amazing for a first time college student volunteer at the Medical Research.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly staff and coworkers, flexible schedule
laid off after 14 years, no severance
Hospitalist CRNP (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 18, 2018
I worked at Doylestown Hospital for 14 years with the Hospitalist service. I was laid off with 3 other advanced practice providers. We were given 30 days notice, during which time we were required to continue working. We received no severance package whatsoever. Doylestown Hospital does not value Nurse Practitioners, nor does it promote the profession.
Liked working here
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 27, 2018
Nurses are caring, professional, and supportive. Competitive compensation, benefits okay. Teamwork and sharing knowledge was encouraged and promoted by most coworkers. Nurses given a lot of autonomy. Management not very engaged in daily happenings in the department.
It was great
Seasonal Associate (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMay 26, 2018
MIS director knows what he is doing. Same with the CTO. People were very friendly. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to others. I just didn't like the commute.
Overly stressful, conflicting managers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 9, 2018
Hired for part time position. At first I had 1 supervisor. She was kind and supportive. Then another supervisor, and then the department manager too. All giving conflicting input. To the point where I could not perform my job without ridicule. They all asked for their form of perfection. It became impossible to please them. There was backstabbing constantly by an assistant who only wanted me to quit because she could stay in the department. It was the single most stressful job of my career. I am not being petty. There is so much more I can say.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
Too many managers with differing expectations
typical day
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2018
Scrubbed majority of day. very much part of a team working and scrubbing with surgeons and nursing staff. a very enjoyable day. Scrubbing varies specalties always keeping yur day interesting.
Great place
Insurance Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2018
Great place to work and a beautiful environment. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Always a safe, friendly place. You will enjoy your time working at this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doylestown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Doylestown Hospital Reviews by Location