Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews

Community Based Hospital
Accounts Receivable Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 31, 2018
Doylestown Hospital is a great place to work. It is very community based and most of the staff, administration, volunteers and physicians live locally. The hospital is focused on helping our patients from the moment they walk into the door until the final bill is paid. Doylestown hospital wants to make each step of the process from scheduling an appointment to verifying costs of services to speaking with financial counselors and making the financial responsibility less of a burden and work for each individuals needs and situations. Doylestown hospital tries to provide staff with every opportunity of educating or providing additional programs around the clock to work for each associates schedule. Doylestown invests themselves in each associate to keep a long future for them at Doylestown Hospital.
Pros
educational class and seminars, discounts on health insurance
Cons
n/a
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 24, 2018
Great job! I really enjoyed working there as a volunteer. The hospital always had friendly staff and volunteers who greeted and assisted everyone including new hires. Data entry position was amazing for a first time college student volunteer at the Medical Research.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly staff and coworkers, flexible schedule
laid off after 14 years, no severance
Hospitalist CRNP (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJuly 18, 2018
I worked at Doylestown Hospital for 14 years with the Hospitalist service. I was laid off with 3 other advanced practice providers. We were given 30 days notice, during which time we were required to continue working. We received no severance package whatsoever. Doylestown Hospital does not value Nurse Practitioners, nor does it promote the profession.
Liked working here
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 27, 2018
Nurses are caring, professional, and supportive. Competitive compensation, benefits okay. Teamwork and sharing knowledge was encouraged and promoted by most coworkers. Nurses given a lot of autonomy. Management not very engaged in daily happenings in the department.
Overly stressful, conflicting managers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 9, 2018
Hired for part time position. At first I had 1 supervisor. She was kind and supportive. Then another supervisor, and then the department manager too. All giving conflicting input. To the point where I could not perform my job without ridicule. They all asked for their form of perfection. It became impossible to please them. There was backstabbing constantly by an assistant who only wanted me to quit because she could stay in the department. It was the single most stressful job of my career. I am not being petty. There is so much more I can say.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
Too many managers with differing expectations
typical day
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2018
Scrubbed majority of day. very much part of a team working and scrubbing with surgeons and nursing staff. a very enjoyable day. Scrubbing varies specalties always keeping yur day interesting.
Great place
Insurance Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2018
Great place to work and a beautiful environment. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Always a safe, friendly place. You will enjoy your time working at this hospital.
Wonderful people, very collaberative environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 25, 2018
Front desk at the satellite offices are the red headed stepchildren of Doylestown Health but they are wonderful places to work. Moral is usually very good. Wages are very low.
Pros
Free lunch once a week, great people.
Cons
no breaks, low wages.
You want to work here!
EMERGENCY ROOM PATENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 22, 2018
Wow! What to say about Doylestown Hospital?? First off, it's a gorgeous campus. You feel like you are walking into a hotel, not a hospital. My co-workers were hardworking, funny, and highly supportive. I always felt like I was part of a great team, no matter the shift I was working. The clientele is more upper crust than most, but you will still see a lot of variety in the ER. The pay and benefits were excellent, management was a mess as per usual, but supportive, and the cafeteria is AMAZING. No need to pack your lunch here - its delicious and affordable. Trust me, YOU WANT TO WORK HERE.
Pros
Team spirit, facility, scheduling, pay/benefits, cafeteria
Current Employee
G.I. Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 14, 2018
Doylestown Hospital like any organization has good qualities along with negative qualities. I believe as a whole, they do try and look out for the employees. The benefit package is comparatively good and the pay rate for the employees is not bad.

Overall I would recommend working here.
Pros
good working environment, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Management needs better communication to staff about changes in the hospital.
feels like home, productive with great people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work, they care a great deal about the staff. Compensation is excellent along with incentives. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing and working with residents. Management is OK but needs a lot of improvement.
Pros
great pay plus incentives
Nice people Low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Working at Doylestown Hospital was a mixed bag in my experience most of the people were very friendly but there is always a few trying to get ahead at any cost but thats anywhere.Management wasn't on top of things in our Department(safety&security)and let certain employees do whatever they wanted rules didn't apply to them type of thing,The pay was low,benefits were ok theres alot of good people working there just not enough good management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of Leadership(Management)
Good
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Well equipped. Physicians are experienced. Location is good. Very clean. The staff is supportive
very caddy
Patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 30, 2018
not a nice place to work. I was a patient care tech and they are underpaid and overworked. Nobody would cover your shifts if you needed off. No rewards for hard work
Unfair distribution of duties
Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Management was absolutely horrible. How they let such ignorant people steer this ship is beyond me. Management would change policy week to week according to the situation. Regulations were never observed, except when the State commission was coming to inspect. This place did not make me feel proud to work at, but ashamed.
Pros
Short distance from my home
Cons
Poor management and low quality staff members
Great place to work in the suburbs of Pennsylvania
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Working at this place of employment is a rewarding experience. Serving the public was a rewarding experience working at this facility. I recommend people to work here.
Pros
Relaxed place
Cons
pay
Manager is proactive and supportive of staff.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Doylestown has been a rewarding experience. Manager is extremely supportive of staff and proactive. I have been able to expand on my experience and technical skills.
Pros
Supportive manager
Cons
Lack of incentives
Culture is great
Director of Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 3, 2018
They Value every associate that work here and management works very hard to be a preferred employer in the area. They also hold associates accountable which goes with the patient first culture.
Great local hospital
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 13, 2017
It has been almost 20 years since employed at Doylestown. At the time it fit my needs, local, flexibility with different shifts. Left due to opportunity in the Health Insurance sector.
Pros
Local, different hours available
Cons
Pay, vacation time
Great position until my unit closed
RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 6, 2017
Great until my unit was closed. We were then added to another manager's unit and ended up feeling very unwanted. All of us found positions in other organizations within several months.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doylestown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Doylestown Hospital Reviews by Location