Doylestown Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overly stressful, conflicting managers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 9, 2018
Hired for part time position. At first I had 1 supervisor. She was kind and supportive. Then another supervisor, and then the department manager too. All giving conflicting input. To the point where I could not perform my job without ridicule. They all asked for their form of perfection. It became impossible to please them. There was backstabbing constantly by an assistant who only wanted me to quit because she could stay in the department. It was the single most stressful job of my career. I am not being petty. There is so much more I can say.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
Too many managers with differing expectations
Great place
Insurance Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 5, 2018
Great place to work and a beautiful environment. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Always a safe, friendly place. You will enjoy your time working at this hospital.
Wonderful people, very collaberative environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 25, 2018
Front desk at the satellite offices are the red headed stepchildren of Doylestown Health but they are wonderful places to work. Moral is usually very good. Wages are very low.
Pros
Free lunch once a week, great people.
Cons
no breaks, low wages.
You want to work here!
EMERGENCY ROOM PATENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 22, 2018
Wow! What to say about Doylestown Hospital?? First off, it's a gorgeous campus. You feel like you are walking into a hotel, not a hospital. My co-workers were hardworking, funny, and highly supportive. I always felt like I was part of a great team, no matter the shift I was working. The clientele is more upper crust than most, but you will still see a lot of variety in the ER. The pay and benefits were excellent, management was a mess as per usual, but supportive, and the cafeteria is AMAZING. No need to pack your lunch here - its delicious and affordable. Trust me, YOU WANT TO WORK HERE.
Pros
Team spirit, facility, scheduling, pay/benefits, cafeteria
Current Employee
G.I. Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 14, 2018
Doylestown Hospital like any organization has good qualities along with negative qualities. I believe as a whole, they do try and look out for the employees. The benefit package is comparatively good and the pay rate for the employees is not bad.

Overall I would recommend working here.
Pros
good working environment, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Management needs better communication to staff about changes in the hospital.
feels like home, productive with great people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work, they care a great deal about the staff. Compensation is excellent along with incentives. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing and working with residents. Management is OK but needs a lot of improvement.
Pros
great pay plus incentives
Nice people Low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Working at Doylestown Hospital was a mixed bag in my experience most of the people were very friendly but there is always a few trying to get ahead at any cost but thats anywhere.Management wasn't on top of things in our Department(safety&security)and let certain employees do whatever they wanted rules didn't apply to them type of thing,The pay was low,benefits were ok theres alot of good people working there just not enough good management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of Leadership(Management)
Good
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Well equipped. Physicians are experienced. Location is good. Very clean. The staff is supportive
very caddy
Patient care tech (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 30, 2018
not a nice place to work. I was a patient care tech and they are underpaid and overworked. Nobody would cover your shifts if you needed off. No rewards for hard work
Unfair distribution of duties
Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Management was absolutely horrible. How they let such ignorant people steer this ship is beyond me. Management would change policy week to week according to the situation. Regulations were never observed, except when the State commission was coming to inspect. This place did not make me feel proud to work at, but ashamed.
Pros
Short distance from my home
Cons
Poor management and low quality staff members
Great place to work in the suburbs of Pennsylvania
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Working at this place of employment is a rewarding experience. Serving the public was a rewarding experience working at this facility. I recommend people to work here.
Pros
Relaxed place
Cons
pay
Manager is proactive and supportive of staff.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Doylestown has been a rewarding experience. Manager is extremely supportive of staff and proactive. I have been able to expand on my experience and technical skills.
Pros
Supportive manager
Cons
Lack of incentives
Culture is great
Director of Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 3, 2018
They Value every associate that work here and management works very hard to be a preferred employer in the area. They also hold associates accountable which goes with the patient first culture.
Great local hospital
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 13, 2017
It has been almost 20 years since employed at Doylestown. At the time it fit my needs, local, flexibility with different shifts. Left due to opportunity in the Health Insurance sector.
Pros
Local, different hours available
Cons
Pay, vacation time
Great position until my unit closed
RN (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PANovember 6, 2017
Great until my unit was closed. We were then added to another manager's unit and ended up feeling very unwanted. All of us found positions in other organizations within several months.
Not a great place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visiting nurseNovember 5, 2017
Very stressful place to work. You constantly have to cover your tracks. Management careless about the employees. This company has a very high turnover rate all because of poor management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Low pay
enjoyable and competent staff to work with
Director of rehab services (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 29, 2017
Having worked previously as a Director of Rehab services at Warminster hospital I was used to arriving at work before all staff and staying late for administrative tasks, policies and procedure revision and staff yearly reviews. I did that for 11 years so i was quite used to the schedule. Much to the dismay of my superiors there I insisted to treat patients throughout the day for my own pleasure but to observe my staff working with other staff, patients and their families.
This necessarily carried over to my work ethics at Doylestown Hospital.
I further my skills at leadership management which was introduced to me at my previous job at Warminster. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to have an 8 full day course on management and leadership. I poled my staff who stated that I had positively changed status post the course. I was awarded employee of the month for 2005 and ultimately employee of the year for the same.
Patient care was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
multiple staff inservices
Cons
some of the ever changing personalities throughout the house
Over worked, underpaid, high Turnover, always short staffed
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Enviromental ServicesOctober 20, 2017
I been in the housekeeping for almost 2 years. I really like the people in all the offices I clean. They have been friendly, kind, and very supportive. This job I would not recommend to anyone. It is hard work which I don't mind doing.but being a hard working good employee is not appreciated by management. All the time you are over worked and overwhelmed because you are not just doing your area or job. You are doing the work of two or three other people because we are always short staffed and high turnover. Constantly stressed, lousy pay, some lazy coworkers who hide or have ear phones plugged in their ears..the hard working housekeeping aides are frustrated, over worked, tired and stressed out. No appreciation, no bonuses no decent cost of living raises , struggling to make ends meet.Management does not care about their employees who have good WORK ETHICS!!!

I would not recommend. EVS AND HOUSEKEEPING ...LOOK FOR A BETTER JOB WHERE THEY WOULD APPRECIATE YOU!
Pros
Good people, I appreciate and like most of my coworkers
Cons
Over work, under staffed, lousy pay, Sodexo sucks
Very Nice Place to work
Electronic Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 12, 2017
Doylestown Hospital's medical records department is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Working there was a pleasure. The only downside is that the pay is a bit on the lower end.
Nice people good place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work however better salary elsewhere. Management is very good and very accommodating to your needs and schedule. Work place environment is very calming and very busy