DPI Specialty Foods Employee Reviews

Don’t work in transportation dept
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 24, 2018
To be quite honest I would not work for this company the management and human resource department are horrible. Is a company that operates on favoritism That I can say with full confidence at least in the transportation department. They absolutely do not care about their drivers nor do they care about safety. There have been multiple accidents in the warehouse as well as with their drivers. The work is easy however, your shift in your days off can change at any moment. As long as you don’t raise any safety concerns or any concerns about routes basically keep your mouth shut you will do fine other than that management absolutely is horrible.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Managed on favoritism your days off and route change whenever the management feels like it
a good place to work at least in tualitin or
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  tualitin OrApril 8, 2018
start times are early equipment is new work is strait forward with very few surprises there is route delivery work and shuttles to grocery distribution centers all day cabs there are a handful of overnight trips but a hotel is provided most runs can be completed within normal shift hrs over all not a lot of stress just do your job and all is well local management tries to accommodate drivers some want over time some don't i work far less than the average holidays are the only time overtime might be forced but usually volunteers can be found they have 10 hr 4 days a week and 8 hrs five days a week most drivers find the type of work they want to do and in time it will come to you i have been there about two years and would say overall i enjoy it there and there is a set pay scale and raises are on time six months two years and three years then a percentage bumb they are in the normal range stating is a bit low but they do try to keep an eye on the market so money is not a huge deal i don't plan on leaving
Pros
work is steady and regular a good place to be
Cons
a lot of deliveres into frezzer and refrigerated spaces
Good place to work incentives
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 9, 2018
A good day is when all the inbound loads show in a timely manner and there no delays.i needed to have the associates in place to complete all job assignments in a timely manner so the product was in house to be released as needed by the order selectors. this way the loads are released to the drivers. Management worked with the associates to help them fill they were apart of the operation. and working in a safe place. the hardest part of my job was as a supervisor was working on timelines and keeping the work place safe. the most enjoyable part of my job was when ever thing fail in place and the job was done with out any off sets.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lost product based on incorrect receiving
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 8, 2018
I really like DPI. The people are great from the clerks to upper management. The work culture is laid back. We get to wear jeans to work. There is an activities committee that does things like pot lucks, monthly walks, and charity activities. The management is not into micromanaging. The upper management interacts with all of the employees not just management. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the volume. We work hard to get it all done. The most enjoyable part is the people. Everyone pretty much gets along.
Not a good place to work mangement sucks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2018
I resigned from my postion and the same day they tried to say i refused a random drug screen because I quit and didnt run route manager unprofessional
OK place to work
Warehouse Clerk/Administration (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMarch 1, 2018
Work day is long I have learned abotu the logistics of companies, management is OK, my manager in particular is really good. The workplace culture is decent. Hardest part is getting up everyday at 3am. The most enjoyable part is being non union
Everyone was very helpful and we work as a team
Customer Data Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 12, 2018
The manager is very nice and helpful so is my coworker.I talked to different people all the time and do different things everyday. I enjoyed coming to work because I have all the help i need from my coworker and boss.
N/a
Selector (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 8, 2018
I am still employed. DPI is a pretty decent company to work with if needed. It may be hard to get 40 hours a week if the work is slow. Coworkers are nice.
Poor management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Managers are jerks rude treat employees like trash scream at employees aexual harassment diety looks give diety jobs racist comments they down talk to you the one in Ontario CA
Pros
You get to go home
Cons
Mean and cruel manager's
I would recommend someone that loves long hours to work at Dpi.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at dpi that you ride on electric pallet jacks for the whole shift besides getting off to place packages on your pallet. A typical day at dpi was cold sense the building is a big cooler/freezer.
no proper training to anyone
Accounts Receivable Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 10, 2018
There was a lack of training and organization at this company.

Staff was hard working and we tried to learn as much as possible with no instruction.
dedicated route to Kroger whse Puyallup Wa.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 10, 2018
it was fun at the the start then they changed manager and he had no experience in the trucking industry it progressively got worse where we were losing drivers weekly
Pros
home every night
Cons
inconsistence with the way management handled situation that arose
Avoid like the plague
Forklift Driver/Order Selector (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 7, 2018
This place is a sideshow, bunch of illegal immigrants, long hours and no appreciation for hard work. this place will drive you into the ground if you let it.
Pros
i dont work there any more
Cons
i wasted years of my life there
Poor
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 26, 2017
You had to meet a production of 100% you had to move in a fast pace at times safety seemed not to important no mirrors the employees were cool was trying to maintain the standards when you would hear all picks are off the table.
Decent work place
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 21, 2017
Had a debacle with Human resources and had to find other employment after my temporary tenure of 8 months. I liked the management but wished that some understood how to communicate better.
Pros
Manager and team where pretty good people and not so hard to work with.
Cons
Some team members just wanted things there way and did not communicate properly
cool place
Freezer Selector (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 14, 2017
paid pretty well. coworkers are cool. you start off working 2:30 pm to 11:00. supervisors have bad attitudes. they just sit behind a desk playing on their phones.
Pros
cool coworkers
Cons
supervisors
Enjoyable company to work for
Outside Route Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2017
Enjoyable company to work for with good work culture and provides the technology required to be efficient in the field. Opportunities to learn an interesting facet of business. Good managers who work as part of the team to pursue company goals.
Pros
Good management, work culture, technology provided
Cons
business model subject to change (downsizing)
They are having serious issues right now with companies leaving and decreased business
New Hire Laid Off (Former Employee) –  DPI-MA LocationOctober 30, 2017
I would not recommend working for them at this time. Management is poor and they have no idea what they are doing. Losing tons of business because warehouse and inventory are completely incompetent. Lost 3 major customers this year alone. They are laying people off right now and it is totally unstable place to work. You will risk layoff until they can get their act together and gain new business.
Pros
Benefits and pto are great
Cons
Stability of business right now is POOR.
Hostile union
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 28, 2017
Not the right fit unstapled management union created hostile work environment. All upper management left within six moths of each other. Supervisors were not trained properly.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
unstabled management
Nice company to work for
Retail Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
Great organization. I enjoyed working with other people, solving problems and figuring out how to do the job in the most efficient way. I was usually promoted to lead person when working on large projects. I was allowed to work in a timely manner and they trained us to learn new programs so I would be a successful part of their company.
Pros
Able to work without mirco managing
Cons
Alot of driving in Atlanta traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPI Specialty Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight