Work wellbeing score is 77 out of 100

United States198 reviews

constructionprojectculturefieldofficelaycompanytraining

Union Acoustical Carpenter

Featured review

DPR Construction selected this as a representative review
Of the union contractors in the SF Bay Area, DPR is one of the best companies to work for as long as you show up, work hard and safe following jobsite regulations and know your ceiling codes as any t-bar journeyman/apprentice should. Well organized, morning safety stretch n flex workout helps get your body ready for the day to work hard and go home in one piece.

The company is a lie and so is the culture.

They tell you what you want to hear and bate and switch. By far in almost 30 years in construction management the worst company to work for. Management has no clue what they are doing.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Back stabbing, no guidance, figure it out attitude, lies of no one leaves.

December 4, 2023
Thank you for sharing your concerns. We take all feedback seriously. If there’s more you’d like to share about your experience, please do so at https://www.lighthouse-services.com/dpr.

DPR Construction insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Is work we just have to do are work

What is the best part of working at the company?They are really strict in safety in they look out for you What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Stress is normal in any job so I don’t think that is the case working here What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Really good they respect the culture of everybody What is a typical day like for you at the company?Safety talks and goals for the year

November 29, 2023
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about working at DPR. Safety is a value for us, as we strive to take care of our people. It's also important that all of our teammates feel respected and supported, so we're glad that you did. Thanks again!

Big company small feel.

Dpr was a great place to work. My direct leadership took the time to ensure that they had a career development plan for me to pursue a path. Overall great place to work.

November 13, 2023
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your experience working at DPR! We support our teammates in pursuing unique careers paths and look for opportunities to help every individual learn and grow.

Great place to work and move up.

This is Great company to work for, there was always room for growth. I would work here again if I got the chance to. Just with a different supervisor.

October 30, 2023
At DPR, we're proud to support our teammates in growing their skills and trying new things. We appreciate hearing your feedback and are glad you had a good experience working at DPR!

Excellent job

What is the best part of working at the company?Going to work each and every day! Never a dull moment.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Learning to do a job safely and proper What is the work environment and culture like at the company?working at Dpr environment and culture was great. Met some awesome people still friends with "them all"What is a typical day like for you at the company?When I worked downtown Dallas (the union) typically cleaning the drains around the area site. Always something to be done Safety and dealing with the public.

October 16, 2023
Thanks for sharing about your experience working at DPR! We have the best team in the industry and keeping them safe is our top priority. We're happy you had the opportunity to learn new things while working with us and we wish you the best in the future.

Productive & Fun Workplace

Productive & Fun Workplace. Work can be worth it if you are surrounded by great minded, kind people. And that is exactly what DPR is like. Smart people who are willing to succeed!

October 9, 2023
We appreciate hearing your feedback! We agree that we have a smart and driven team--the best in the industry! At DPR, we believe that work should be fun and satisfying, and we're glad you're experiencing that with us.

Active workplace

Great on site experience. Get to see many aspects of construction and learn how to engage with all stakeholders. Company culture and staff are great .

August 28, 2023
Thanks for providing your thoughts on your internship. We're glad you had a great experience working with our talented team. Thanks for choosing to spend your summer with us!

Mostly Good People - Still a Grind

Local leadership seems to have lost its direction a little bit and have a hard time honoring the commitment to work life balance and treating its people right. Perhaps it can be chalked up to the grind of commercial construction (an industry-wide issue) but with all the lip service paid to "taking care of people" it seemed that they might be different. Interesting projects. Very smart people.

August 28, 2023
We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, as we value feedback and take it all seriously. We know that building interesting and challenging projects can take a lot of time and energy, which is why we encourage our team to care for themselves by taking time off and/or using one of our best-in-class mental or physical health benefits. We wish you the best in the future!

No sabes cuando te van a correr es un constante stress

Hay favoritismo, siempre amenazan q te van a correr

Pros

Ningún

Cons

Todos

August 8, 2023
Agradecemos tus comentarios y nos los tomamos en serio. Si desea compartir más información con nosotros, escríbanos a https://www.lighthouse-services.com/dpr/LHILandingPage-sp.asp?LanguageName=spa?

Buen equipo de trabajo. Ambiente laborar muy bueno. Y seguridad excelente

100 trabajar para la compañía DPR Construcción es una buena experiencia laboral ya que cuenta con mucha experiencia laboral y están pendiente de la seguridad del empleado.

Pros

Seguro medico privado

Cons

Tiempo laborar corto

August 8, 2023
Gracias por compartir tu opinión con nosotros. En DPR estamos comprometidos con la seguridad, la salud y el bienestar de nuestro equipo. Nos alegra que lo hayas experimentado mientras trabajabas con nosotros.

Good pay, that’s about it

A corporate company that tries really hard to act like they’re not. They like to brag about how they take care of their employees and then blindside you with layoffs. It was a good reminder to never trust any company.

June 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regularly review our compensation to ensure we’re staying competitive. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please do at https://www.lighthouse-services.com/dpr.

Ambiente laboral , cero tolerancia

Aprendí muchas labores y trabajos pero quiero experimentar y a aprender

July 10, 2023
Gracias por compartir tu experiencia. En DPR, nuestro objetivo es ofrecer oportunidades para que todos crezcan, se desarrollen y construyan una gran carrera laboral.

DPR is a family and my experience was wonderful I learned so much with this company.

What is the best part of working at the company?The training and good company to work for.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having working not showing up for work. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Real nice company to work for.Is safety first.What is a typical day like for you at the company?We have safety meetings and if you are willing to learn the will teach you they have different classes you can take.

May 22, 2023
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're pleased you experienced our ongoing commitments to training and safety during your time at DPR. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Ambiente laboral amena, se caracteriza el priorizar la seguridad del personal de DPR, y están en constante capacitación

La DPR se caracteriza por la seguridad que brindada a sus personal de trabajo. Se preocupa por su personal de trabajo.

Pros

Seguro médico, pago a tiempo, capacitación constante para el personal

Cons

No encuentro un contra

May 24, 2023
Gracias por tus comentarios. El cuidado de las personas es una prioridad para DPR, y eso incluye todo lo que has mencionado: un foco en la seguridad, salario y beneficios competitivos, capacitación continua y más. Nos alegramos de que hayas tenido una buena experiencia trabajando con nosotros y te deseamos lo mejor en el futuro.

Production

Great company with tons of benefits not mentioned in interview. Lots of team bonding meetings with high fives. Also safety is always first. The slogan,"What's your Why"

April 24, 2023
Thanks for sharing about your experience. Safety is a value at DPR and we believe in taking care of people through benefits, training and many other ways. Best of luck to you!

Everyone is always happy and smiling

What is the best part of working at the company?Great work space. Co workers always outgoing and having a good time working as a teamWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?When you get slammed by other sub trades in the schedule start date.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Outgoing environment everyone is there to help and work as a teamWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Coffee in the morning and smiles go a long way. Grab a bit in the kitchen, start up the computer and get to emails and RFI’s. Get to the job site and walk the job look at changes including progress. Bring up some issues to the team knock them out of the park executing them.

March 20, 2023
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about working at DPR! Enjoyment is one of our core values and it sounds like you saw that come to life every day while working with us. Wishing you the best for the future!

Ok

There is no clear expectations for your job duties. No one in the company knows what you do and constantly questions why you charge time to their project.Management over promises the project staff without consulting if you can actually deliver so you are constantly trying to figure things out on the fly.Pay is not competitve.

March 6, 2023
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback and sharing your perspective on areas for improvement. Clarity of role and responsibility is important, and we’re sorry we missed the mark on that for you. It’s an area where we’ve been focused, as we want every employee to understand what they contribute to our shared mission. Providing competitive compensation and benefits is also a top priority for us, and where we continue to work to be an industry leader. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and best of luck in the future.

Great pay, good benefits, overall a good company to work for

The pay was great, managment was decent, Safety is a big thing with this company. they hire good carpenters so you'll learn a lot. only downside is sometimes they'll give you an enormous amount of work to complete in a very short amount of time. I would definitely recommend working here.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, safety, work culture

Cons

60-70 hours a week, very little time outside of work

January 30, 2023
Thank you for sharing about your experience! Offering competitive pay and benefits, providing a safe work environment and giving opportunities to learn and grow are top priorities at DPR. Building exciting projects does sometimes require a lot of work and long hours, so we encourage our employees to use those best-in-class benefits, including time off, to take care of themselves. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck to you!

Good company

Good union company. Organized and safe. Lots of quality people. I would work for DPR again. The commute was just to long for me. The wages are hard to beat.

January 23, 2023
Thanks for taking time to share your feedback! We're glad to hear you had a good experience working at DPR. Providing competitive compensation and a safe work environment are among our top priorities, and we agree our people are the best in the business. We're sorry the commute was too long for you, but wish you the best in the future!

It felt like family

They wanted things done right the first time. Corners were not cut. They were a very logical company. If you had questions, they answered them. If you had an idea, they listened to it.

Pros

They ha safety lunches, where prizes were given away. Charity work was encouraged

Cons

I can't think of any I looked forward to going to work everyday

December 14, 2022
Thanks for taking time to share feedback on your experience! At DPR, we emphasize roles, responsibilities and individual expertise rather than a seniority-based configuration. Our organizational structure is designed to encourage collaboration and reinforce the value of everyone's ideas and perspectives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DPR Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits