Dr Firstcom Inc Employee Reviews

Review summary
Sr technical Support (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJanuary 12, 2019
Dying company trying to stay afloat in a very competitive market. Too many products too handle with rcopia 4 still not love after 4 years of development. Product management is an internal game of politics.
I miss working there for the most part.
UX/UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 29, 2018
I was a UX/UI Designer at DrFirst and I loved working there in the beginning. You have a true innovation seeking CEO and a President who has a passion for creating great products. My first boss was very friendly and communicated well. I met a lot of people there and the company culture was friendly towards any new people joining. We have great holiday celebrations and the benefits are awesome. A great HR team, and paint night/game nights. To this day, I recommend all my friends to apply to DrFirst.

I only left when very specific things started to bother me, as in, you'd have to be a designer in my position to have these things affect you. For instance, I was almost forced out of my UX/UI position simply because a couple of people wanted me to be a BTA. When I said no, they because very cruel (the project manager and my boss at the time, the VP of Development). Both had demonstrated a true misunderstanding of Design, yet they still insisted I was the idiot. I sought allies, but my allies didn't like standing up for themselves, let alone for me. Then they kept hiring worse people and promoted the good people I used to work with to other positions. The biggest slap in the face came when they hired a UX Manager out of the blue. I would have been fine with that had the person been more experienced and skilled than I was, but that was not the case. It was clear that due to the personal feelings of these specific people, I would be prevented from advancing in the company. I would never be judged on my skill.

Anyways, I swallowed my pride and kept working. I did my best to promote
  more... UX/UI but then all these problems built up, the situation worsened, and no one could/would help me. So, I left, frustrated.

But once again, this was a very specific situation that only applies to people trying to improve UX/UI at the company.
work day
Treasurer/Business Advisor, Chabad of Parkland (Current Employee) –  TNAugust 29, 2018
efficient and administration supportive. Gratifying and exciting work days. Culture good and learned a lot. The enjoyable part is knowing we are creating something great for healthcare
Pros
growth and stock available
Cons
unknown IPO vs. Sale
Great company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 6, 2018
I was able to see first hand how great the culture is at DrFirst. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. The management team is very involved and helps promote advancement in the company.
productive workplace
Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I completed income statement and balance sheets with accounting team for upcoming audit within one month, revamped financial data to ensure compliance with IFRS standard.
DrFirst is in a Great position in the Market Place
Network Operation Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 9, 2018
There is a lot of team building and company events. The problem is that the Position I work, The NOC, doesn't get a chance to participate in most events due to our schedule. Management just depends on which department you work in. The hardest part is the 24x7 schedule with just a few to cover. The best is they are actually hiring more personal to cover better. Free Fruit, bread peanut butter and jelly.
Pros
Corp Culture
Cons
My Schedule working Holidays
The main benefit was being able to work from home.
Assessor Team Lead/Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 5, 2017
This company is a decent company to work for. The main setback was the department I worked with was eliminated. All other jobs were not available for remote employees.

There is a lot of confusion at time who your manager was at several different times. This company is a growing company and they are still making a lot of changes with their solutions and applications.
DrFirst
HRIS Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 20, 2017
Great management, through communication, fair setting of deadlines, no confusion on expectations. Scope was clear and doable. I found open doors and assistance when ever I needed and/or wanted it.
Good
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Consultant/ Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 23, 2017
Very Good place to work and learn new things on application.

Very good understanding of the database structure and it brings you better opportunity and grown in your personal career .
Falling fast
N/A (Former Employee) –  MDJune 2, 2017
Great product, poor management. The work environment is not collaborative in all units. The have a hard time implementing what they envision. Lots of nepotism and sexism.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor management, less than average benefits

Want to know more about Dr Firstcom Inc?

Ask a question
Leading ePrescribing Software Company
Technical Project Manager-Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 19, 2016
DrFirst is a leading company in ePrescribing software with much advancement in the industry. The company culture is still trying to be ironed out but is coming along with internal social media applications and company activities.
Pros
Minimal supervision and work from home option
Cons
More communication of product fixes and deployment is needed
Pros and Cons
Marketing Specialist-Corporate Communications (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 20, 2013
I think it depends of the department you work in and the people you work with. I feel like DrFirst can be an excellent place to start your career and gain experience fast. You will be assigned significant responsibility and have plenty of room for growth.
No Comment
Commercial Contracts Transactional Attorney (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 15, 2014
No review to provide because I am currently working at this position.
Productive and growing Company
Team Lead, Admin Assistants & Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 23, 2013
Data Watch log review
Filed
Processed mail,distribute, process checks
Answer phone, take messages
Took meeting notes
Gotomeeting management
process inventory for our vending machine
shopped for the vending machine supplies
shopped for the peanut butter and jelly, bread that the company provides the employees
Great diversity co-workers
Being able to go shopping for the company while during working hours and making the employees happy. Having summer picnics bases on the department cultures
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
They don't value there good workers.
Good place to work, no micro managing.
Inside Sales Representative (Outbound) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2012
I have learned a lot about the health care IT industry in my short time with DrFirst. Formal initial training is lacking however, everyone very helpful and understanding.
Pros
free pb&j sandwiches
Cons
no formal training
Friday you do not need to wear formally.
Web Developer/Associative Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 9, 2014
long work hour every day. But, I learn several professional and industry knowledge. The company is marketing driven, so they do not care new technology at all.
Billing & Collections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 13, 2014
A typical day is never dull. Free PB & J is available. Innovative company.
Fast paced learning enviorment
Senior Enterprise Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 15, 2014
Wonderful company to work for with wonderful people.You learn a lot from your peers and from trial and error.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor training
Very Diverse Organization
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolDecember 27, 2016
One of the most diverse companies I have worked for. The HR department does a great job with employee engagement initiatives. Very innovative and fast paced work environment.
greatly depends on what department... DO NOT DO SALES
Enterprise Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 19, 2016
Company has great products, but management practices the opposite of what they preach in the sales team. Company has immense potential but upper management, old thinking and nepotism hinder the advancement. Managers are not held accountable. Micromanagement and a militant approach is counterproductive. No standardization with treatment of employees. HR for employees protection/ benefit is a joke.
Pros
innovative products
Cons
micromanagement, unrealistic expectations, bad leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr Firstcom Inc. Our community is ready to answer.