Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School

Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Busy, fun, and productive
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
My experience at DRIHSCS has been great so far. While working with so many wonderful students and staff, I also continue to develop my skills and experience as a teacher. Some months can become extremely busy (i.e. SAT/PSAT month, regents prep months, etc.) but at the end of the day, you will definitely feel like you've been productive. DRIHSCS is a great place to work and I highly recommend it.
Pros
the principal, students, location, pay, free lunches, PD days, upward mobility
Cons
shared space with 2 schools, no parking
Great Community
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2018
As someone who has experience working in schools, it did not take me long to notice that this school has a lot to offer to all stakeholders. The staff is excellent and the students are wonderful.
Pros
The staff is treated to a lot of things not typically offered in public schools (catered lunches, staff outings, shuttle bus, massages on teacher appreciation day, gifts, overtime opportunities)
Great school culture and wonderful students
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I've loved working here. The management is responsive to teachers' needs, we have good benefits/perks, and very friendly colleagues. On top of it all, our students are of course the best part of working here - they're amazing, very hard working, and inspire me every day.
Amazing Experience Working With Children
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2016
The atmosphere was very culturally diverse and a great setting to be around and learn in. Everyone is very open and accepting to almost everything. This was a good learning experience.
Pros
Acceptable pay
Cons
Short breaks, Could not leave premises for food
Productive Work Place
High School Social Worker Intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2015
Good place to learn. i learned skills in social work during my internship here. i was involved in staff meeting. overall interning here was a positive experience.
Horrible place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2014
Don't apply. Long workdays and lack of respect for the workers.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized work environment!
Fun and Active
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 23, 2012
This school has very hard working staff that strive to make the school a safe, fun, and creative place for all students, parents and even teachers. The hours are long, but they go by fast with all the work there is to do.
Pros
breaks, great co-workers
No job security, benefits could be better.
ELA/ESOL coordinator grade 6 and 7 (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 8, 2012
The school is going into its 3rd year. It is a Health and Science themed School and therefore the theme should permeate throughout the school which it does not. Students do not have a state of the art Science Lab. This is crucial especially for the 8th grade that will be taking a New York Sate Science Test this upcoming school year. With the proper leadership someone well versed in education, teaching and expereince as a building principal the school will move forward. The school is led by a new CEO who has never taught or has experience as a building principal, he only has a BA in Sociology. The teachers for the most part are new there are no veteran teachers, needless to say without veteran teachers new teachers with less than five years of experience have no mentors to guide them and model for them. Thus far the new teachers who have been there for the past two years are excellent and have great skills and room to grow professionally.
Pros
great vision
Cons
too many changes for the students

Want to know more about Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School. Our community is ready to answer.

Dr. Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School Reviews by Job Title