Draper Employee Reviews

diversity in work assignments-great employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  72 east sivogah drive-draper utahJune 23, 2018
loved the the work diversity-was asked to perform several different jobs. great employees to work with.Great management. This was a seasonal position.
Pros
diversity
Cons
seasonal position-wanted more
Great Environment
Senior Firewall/Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed working with the Network team, good management, good working attitude. It is a fast paced environment with no down time.Nice new cafeteria. Parking lot across from Draper for employee parking is reasonably priced.
Pros
Collaborative Environment
Productive, but older crowd
Software Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Draper was a good place to intern at. The project I worked on was fun and I was able to contribute to the full software life-cycle. As a young engineer, though, I don't think it would be a great fit because a lot of the people that work there are over 40.
Pros
Interesting project
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2018
A great place to work with tons of really smart people. It is a huge company with a lot of really cool things going on. Liked working there and really learned a lot.
It was a really positive place to work and the employees there are way more than helpful and hard working
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 2, 2018
I would definitely work there as a seasonal again I loved all my co workers and bosses and it was good pay and a positive work environment! I would really recommend working here 100%
Challenging yet rewarding internship experience
Computer Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 18, 2017
Solved real problems, lenient work deadlines, great inexpensive cafeteria, great location in Tech Square, friendly coworkers/employees, lots of loud construction underway in main building, lots of learning opportunities.
Fabulous company to work for -- even on a contract
Strategic Communications Associate/website writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 4, 2017
It's a company that's all about innovation. For example: While surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy have been traditional mainstays for cancer treatment, each has its drawbacks. Today’s emerging cell-based therapies, however, target specific cancer cells without destroying the body’s healthy cells.

Draper is at the forefront of this technology, as well as ballistic guided missile systems, human-centered design, software as a sensor and much more. Energizing place to work!
Pros
The company is amazing
Cons
The contract ended
Work here
Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 29, 2017
absolutely love Draper and the people that work there. There isn't a day I leave and don't learn something new. The staff is the top in their respective fields.
Pros
free donuts and pizza and flexible schedules
Bad fit for mid-career people
Senior Member Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 18, 2017
Draper is in the midst of a painful transition from an old-school defense contractor into a Google clone. They're trying to be Google without the perks of actually being Google. They're dumping all the experienced people and bringing on cheaper new folks and loosing all the institutional knowledge. The work is also deeply stove-piped and territorial
Different mentality towards direction in production
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Spiceland, INNovember 18, 2016
I had a lot of ideas and wanted to make change but the company moves slowly and methodically. It was upsetting but I am getting more used to it.

Want to know more about Draper?

Ask a question
Incredibly lively and positive place to work.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 26, 2016
The Director of security is the most outgoing and optimistic person. He always has a smile on his face which means I have a smile on my face.
Volunteer Work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Elmore, ALSeptember 21, 2016
While volunteering work at draper: Line server and Dishwasher, I also assisted cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as need, and provided cooks with needed items.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The Heat Index
Very technical environment made it easy to build on engineering skills
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2016
Worked on mechanical assemblies. Integrated electronic components into mechanical assemblies. Created machined part drawings and assembly drawings.
No Comments
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 30, 2013
I perfer not to comment. I was always told if I have nothing good to say than say nothing.